Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Geekvape aegis solo kit review

Discussion in 'Vape Reviews' started by wiz4vape, Jul 10, 2019.

1. wiz4vape

wiz4vape Member

Device:
    Aegis and zeus
    Juice:
    Heisenberg
    I received Aegis solo from Geekvape for the purpose of this review.

Aegis solo colors:

- Orange
    - Blue
    - Black
    - Green
    - Red
    - Gunmetal

[​IMG]

Specification:

- Height: 128.9mm
    - Width: 41.2mm
    - Depth: 31.5mm
    - Atomizer capacity: 5.5ml / 4ml / 2ml
    - Atomizer diameter: 25mm

In the box:

- Aegis solo mod
    - Spare parts
    - Super mesh x2 coil
    - Spare regular glass tube 4ml / 2ml
    - Cerberus tank with x2 mesh coil and bubble glass tank
    - Battery door assist tool
    - Usb cable
    - User manual

[​IMG]

Cerberus sub ohm tank:

I received Cerberus in black color and atomizer was very clean and without any smells, I always like to see clean atomizer. Build quality is very good as expected, threads are nice and clean. Color quality is good as well, so far everything is good.
    Height of this tank is 46.8mm, diameter is 25mm. You can see really nice details on the top cap and on the airflow control ring and details helps when you want to fill the tank or to adjust airflow. On the top cap you can also see engraved "Cerberus" and from the bottom of the tank you can see engraved "Designed by Geekvape". In my opinion cerberus looks very nice with mod from the package.

[​IMG]

On the top of cerberus you can see 810 drip tip without o ring, but there is o ring in the top cap and that ring holds drip tip nice in the place. You can also use here other 810 drip tips without o ring, most of my drip tips looks good here.
    Drip tip that comes with cerberus is very short, I like short drip tips and this one is very comfortable for me.
    This is a top fill tank and you can fill this tank very easy in few seconds. All you need to do to fill this tank is a half a turn on the top cap and that's it, you will see filling holes. On the top cap you can see two notches that locks the top cap, very good top fill system.

[​IMG]

Cerberus comes with bubble tank pre installed, but in the package you will receive one extra regular glass tank. I like to use atomizers with bubble tank, it looks better in my opinion, so I like to use bubble glass here. Diameter of bubble tank is 27mm. Regular glass tank capacity is 4ml, but with bubble glass tank capacity is 5.5ml, also you can buy 2ml version.
    You can also see here o ring that holds the glass tank in place very good.

In the package you will receive 2 coils, one coil is pre installed and other one is a spare coil. Both coils are the same, mesh x2 coils, with 0.3ohm resistance. You can use this coil from 30-45w, but you can see engraved on the coil that this coil works best from 30-40watts. Cerberus tank is compatible with other coils as well, you can use here coils from smok tfv8 baby, smok tfv12 baby, aero tank, shield tank, procore and many more. So, I would say that this is a big plus.
    I like to mention that always when you use the coil for the first time you need to prime it with few drops of e liquid, because after that you only need to fill the tank and you can vape right away without any problems.
    You can see on this coil 4 wicking holes, wicking is very good with my e liquid, I use 70-30 vg pg, when I chain vape everything is good as well.

[​IMG]

On the base you can see the airflow control ring and on the ring you can see two big airflow holes. We have stopper here which is always good. What you adjust on one side it will be same on the another side. You can very easy adjust airflow, the ring has nice tension on it and details on the airflow ring helps a lot.

[​IMG]

How this atomizer works and my thoughts:

Build quality of this atomizer is very good, very nice machining, color is also good. Drip tip from the package is very comfortable for me for using but it would be nice that they included one more drip tip. You can fill the tank very easy and without any problems, there is no leaking when you will the tank which is good. With this atomizer you will receive the bubble glass tank, this tank has 5.5 ml capacity and capacity is great for this atomizer. I really like blue o rings because with blue o rings atomizer looks perfect on the mod.
    Vapor production is great and flavor is very good with mesh coils from the package, I really like that they included 0.3ohm coils in the package because resistance is good for the mod with single 18650 battery. Also it is very nice that you can use some different coils on this atomizer. If you ask me cerberus is well built tank and with mesh coils it performs great.

Cons:

- One more drip tip would be nice

Pros:

- Build qualtiy is good
    - Bubble glass tank with 5.5ml capacity
    - Color is good
    - I really like preinstalled drip tip
    - 0.3ohm coils
    - Two coils in the package
    - No leaking
    - Good flavor

2. wiz4vape

wiz4vape Member

Device:
    Aegis and zeus
    Juice:
    Heisenberg
    Aegis solo mod:

Aegis solo is new mod from geekvape aegis series. As previous versions this one is waterproof, dust resistant and shock resistant. Aegis solo is very similar as aegis mini, main difference is that this one is powered by single 18650 baterry. Aegis solo works up to 100w. In my opinion the design of the mod is really nice I like the shape of the mod, mod is small and it feels very nice in the hand, very comfortable for using. Considering the features of this mod build quality is pretty much good, everything is as it should be.
    You can see some details on the mod, from one side you can see "Geekvape" and from the other side you can see "Aegis", also on the mod you can see really nice frame and you can see the leather.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

From the top side of the mod you can see stainless steel connection that is screwed from the top and connection is really good. Threads are good and I didn't have any problems, we have here gold plated spring loaded 510 pin. On this mod you can use atomizers up to 28mm in diameter without any problems. Because of the design from the top, top part of the mod will not be scratched from atomizers which is really nice.

From the bottom side of the mod you can see the battery cap, battery cap has a piece that you need to pull and than you can unscrew it without any problems. In the package you will also receive the tool for battery cap but trust me you don't need it, you can take it off without problems. When you take off the battery cap you can see the battery orientation engraved. When you put the battery in the mod and shake the mod you can't hear any rattling which is good.
    On the one side of the mod you can see the usb port that you will use to charge the battery and for upgrade software. On the usb port you can see the plug, that plug is here to protect the device from water, because as we know this device is water resistant.

From the front side of the mod you can see the fire button, you can see the plus and minus buttons and you can also see the screen. Shape of the fire button is different form previous version and it looks nice in my opinion. The fire button and plus and minus buttons are clicky. The fire button is comfortable for using and it works really good.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can see everything very good on the screen, the screen is the same as on the previous mod, on the screen in power mode you can see:

- Power
    - W
    - Battery indicator
    - Coil resistance
    - AMP
    - Volt
    - Puff

To turn on the device you need to click on the fire button 5 times, to turn off the device you need to do the same. You also can lock it when you hold plus and minus buttons in the same time, that way you will lock plus and minus buttons but you will still be able to vape. Also you can change the brightness of the screen, when you hold plus and fire button or when you hold fire button and minus button.
    When you click three times on the fre button you can change the working mode:

- Power
    - Bypass
    - Vpc
    - Tc tcr
    - Tc ti
    - Tc ss
    - Tc ni

How this mod works and my thoughts:

Aegis mini is one very well built device, build quality is very good and main features of this mod are good, this mod is dust resistant, waterproof and it is shock resistant, so basically if you buy this mod you never have to worry about breaking it which is really good. Size of the mod is good, in my opinion it feels really nice in the hand and mod is very comfortable for using. The fire button works good and I didn't have any problems. The screen is good as on the previous model, on the screen we have a lot of informations and you can see everything very clear, also you can change the brightness of the screen.
    Mod works very fine, I didn't have any problems, mod is very fast and it has a little pre heat. If you have atomizers that are 28mm in diameter you can put any of the atomizers here without overhang which is really good. Also I would like to say that this mod works very nice with the atomizer from the package, I am really glad that they included 0.3ohm coils because this is a single battery mod and it works really good with 0.3ohm coil.
    If you ask me I can say that this is one really good mod, especially because of the main features, mod works good also and this mod is very comfortable for using.

Cons:

- It would be nice that mod is compatible with 21700 battery

Pros:

- Build quality is good
    - Waterproof
    - Dust proof
    - Shock resistant
    - Very comfortable for using
    - Screen is good and you can change the brightness of the screen
    - Fire button and plus and minus buttons are good
    - Easy to use
    - You can use atomizers up to 28mm in diameter