Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Freemax pod mod kit 25w review

Discussion in 'Vape Reviews' started by wiz4vape, Jan 27, 2020.

1. wiz4vape

wiz4vape Member

Device:
    Aegis and zeus
    Juice:
    Heisenberg
    I received gemm pod mod kit from freemax for the purpose of this review.

Gemm pod mod kit colors:

- Blue
    - Red
    - Black
    - White

[​IMG]

Specifications:

- Size: 121mm x 25mm x 24mm
    - Weight: 67g
    - Max wattage: 25w
    - Pod capacity: 2ml
    - Battery capacity: 1300mah
    - Material: SS905L / PCTG

In the box:

- Freemax gemm pod MTL 1ohm
    - Freemax gemm pod DTL 0.5ohm
    - Freemax gemm mod 25w
    - Replacement silicon plug x 2
    - Usb charger
    - User manual
    - Warning card
    - Warranty card

[​IMG]

Freemax gemm pod mod is device for mtl and dtl vaping and this device works up to 25w. Gemm pod mod comes in 4 different colors which is okay, we have nice color options. This is a small kit that contains mod and disposable pod. This device is made mostly out of plastic and it is lightweight, because of the size it is pocket friendly and you can carry this device with you anywhere. Gemm pod mod is comfortable for using in my opinion, it feels nice in the hand. In the package with this device you will receive two pods, one for mtl and one for dtl vaping which is great and you will also receive spare plugs for pods.

[​IMG]

Let me start from pods, so, as I said this kit comes with two disposable pods, one for mtl vaping and one for dtl vaping. On the pod you can see some details, you can see "Freemax", you can see "Gemm pod" and also on each pod you can see is it dtl pod or mtl pod and you can see coil resistance.
    From the top of the pod you can see the drip tip, this drip tip is 11.9mm in height and bore of the drip tip is 8.6mm in diameter, in my opinion pretty much comfortable drip tip for using. On the top side you can also see the fill hole and in order to fill the pod you need to pull the plug. Hole is not small and with most bottles you will have no problems. Capacity of the pod is 2ml and as they say you can fill it up to 20 times without problems. This pod has 510 connection and you can use it on any other mod that you have with 510 connection which is good.
    Dtl pod has mesh coil with 0.5ohm resistance and mtl coil has mesh coil with 1ohm resistance.
    On this pod we also have the airflow control ring which is very good. On the ring you can see some details that helps with airflow adjustment and you can very easy adjust the airflow.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gemm mod is a small mod that works up to 25w. On the mod you can see some details, from the back side of the mod you can see gemm logo and you can see "Gemm 25w", from the front side you can see "Freemax" and from the bottom of the device you can see some informations. On the side of the mod we have different texture that makes this mod very comfortable.
    From the top of the mod you can see the connection, this connection looks good, threads are good and pin is gold plated and spring loaded. Considering how this connection looks you will never scratch the top of the mod with atomizers which is really good. On this mod you can use atomizers up to 24mm in diameter without overhang.
    From the front of the device you can see the fire button, display and usb port.
    You will use usb port to charge the battery and this device has built in battery with 1300mah capacity which is more than okay for small device like this one is.
    The fire button protrudes and it is very clicky, so far there is no any problem with the fire button.
    On the diplay you can see which working mode you are using and you can also see the battery indicator which is great.

To turn on the device you need to click 5 times on the fire button and you need to do the same to turn it off. When the device is on you can change the working mode by pressing 3 times on the fire button and on display you can see "Watt" in green, blue or red color, so:

- Green - Hard
    - Blue - Medium
    - Red - Soft

Mtl pod that comes with this device will work at 12w when you select soft working mode, at 14w when you select medium working mode and at 15w when you select hard working mode. Dtl pod will work at 15w when you select soft working mode, at 20w when you select medium working mode and at 25w when you select hard working mode.
    Also every time when you press the fire button you can see the battery indicator, on the diplay you can see 100%, 75%, 50% and 25%.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Device protections:

- Low voltage protection
    - Short circuit protection
    - Low resistance protection
    - Open circuit protection
    - High temp protection
    - 10s cut off

How this device works and my thoughts:

Freemax gem kit is a small and lightweight device, also this device is very simple for using. Device comes in 4 different colors and in my opinion we have nice options. In the package you will receive two pods which is great. This device is comfortable for using and fire button protrudes and you can find it without any problems when you pick up the mod to vape. Capacity of the battery is okay in my opinion considering the size of the mod and if you use it for mtl vaping it can last you long.
    With this device you will receive two pods, mtl pod and dtl pod as I said but both pods has the same design. Mtl pod has coil with 1ohm resistance and here it works up to 15w. Considering the design of this pod and airflow slot on the ring you can't use this pod for mtl vaping, it has a lot of airflow, but for sure you can use it for dl vaping and that way it works better, but you can use it only at 15w. Dtl pod has coil with 0.5ohm resistance and this coil works amazing, I really like their mesh coils, flavor is really good as I expected from their dtl mesh coil. The device works so far without any problems and it is very good that you can use here any other atomizer with 510 connection. Mod is very simple for using and it has 3 working modes which is good because you can select working mod that works best for you. Also I really like the battery indicator here.
    I would suggest you this device if you want to buy small and simple dtl kit, because as dtl kit it works very good and you can always use here any other atomizer that you have which is another pro here.

Cons:

- Pod for mtl has big airflow hole and it is not for mtl vaping in my opinion and it works better if you use it for dtl vaping

Pros:

- Small and lightweight
    - Two pods in the package
    - You can use pod on any other mod that has 510 connetion
    - You can use any other atomizer on the gemm mod
    - Dtl pod works really good and flavor is good
    - Easy to fill
    - 3 working modes
    - Battery indicator
    - 1300 mah battery
    - Good fire button
    - Comfortable for using