Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

France tells British voters migrants will flow to Britain after EU exit

Discussion in 'Non Vape Related News' started by news, Mar 3, 2016.

1. news

news Active Member

[​IMG]

French Economy Minister Emmanuel Macron attends a ceremony for the MSC Meraviglia cruise ship at the STX Les Chantiers de l'Atlantique shipyard site in Saint-Nazaire, France, February 1, 2016.

Reuters/Stephane Mahe

EDINBURGH If Britain votes to leave the European Union in a June referendum, France will allow migrants to move to Britain by ending border controls and roll out a red carpet for bankers fleeing London, French Economy Minister Emmanuel Macron said.

"The day this relationship unravels, migrants will no longer be in Calais and the financial passport would work less well," Macron told the Financial Times ahead of an Anglo-French security summit.

Macron added that obstacles to bilateral trade could also be created, while an agreement which allows Britain to carry out border controls to withhold unwanted migrants on the French side of the Channel could also dissolve.

Echoing David Cameron’s invitation to French companies to relocate across the Channel when France raised taxes in 2012, Mr Macron said: "If I were to reason like those who roll out red carpets, I would say we might have some repatriations from the City of London."

He added that the EU’s "collective energy would be spent on unwinding existing links, not re-creating new ones" if British voters rejected membership.

(Reporting By Elisabeth O'Leary; editing by Guy Faulconbridge)

[​IMG]

Ever thought you could win the presidency? Download Now

[​IMG]
    The Most Influential Scientific Minds
    Using citation analysis to identify authors whose papers wield outsized influence

[​IMG]

2. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    I guess It depends on the UK migration policy. They, however, already have some issues. They had it even prior the conflict in Syria.