Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Found a supply of wicking material in Aus.

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by baroberosgooglety458, Sep 12, 2015.

1. baroberosgooglety458

baroberosgooglety458 New Member

Good day guys
    As I am working FIFO, I have a fair bit of time on my hands. New to vaping, but enjoying it immensely!!! Now I am kitted out with all the correct gear (thanks to Hack) I have decided to take the hands on approach, and start on the diy route. Not be.comse of anything, but be.comse its therapeutic!! Looking around the net, diy supplies are available, but hard to come by. One of the items is the wicking material used in the carto tanks. I have found a ready supply certainly here in WA. Barbeques Galore sell 6mm sealing rope, which is the same silica fibre that is used in the tank atomizers. Its used for resealing fire box doors. No asbestos!!!! Part #2*berg6002. Pre-packaged in two metre length for AD$16.95. This half the price I have seen it in the states and the UK, plus no postage!!
    Still looking for sensible supply of Nicrome wire here in canada. Any ideas??

2. gavilan_rood

gavilan_rood New Member

Good find on the silica rope but I'm searching for some woven ceramic rope or sleeving. If you have spare time maybe you could hunt some up :) There are some suppliers of nichrome on ebay but one named gregorgray says he's in canada but is actually in Poland so shipping is a bit slow. Another is Wiltronics-Research based in Vic.

3. mlwsnzsyku

mlwsnzsyku New Member

Hi JohnnyInBris A good while ago Jaycar used to stock woven ceramic tube by the small roll. Used to fireproof wires in the likes of lights etc. Just recently I had occasion to hold a piece of the same stuff in a flame. It burnt off the varnish and left just the silica fibers. The tube maintained its shape, but was floppy!!! Any use to you?? Don't know if they still do it, but electrical supplier might.

4. mike91

mike91 New Member

jaycar still sell it, noticed it last week, looks the same as what is used in boge cartos around the heater.
    they also sell nichrome but a far too heavy .comge. nothing to stop you stretching it though. The heater wires supplied with the ato-miser (nhaler) are thicker and flat at the ends, obviously been clamped and stetched, problem is they are quite weak at the junction of the thick and thin sections, I suspect bent around a sharp edge in the process of stretching it.

5. clefrerce

clefrerce New Member

the Iatti threads on the gg forum on ecf have lots of sources for wires & wick.
    GGecigs had kits of wires & wick that are proven to work. they are out of stock but Tim said that he will have the kits next week up on the website.

any other sources will be great!