Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

For Tobacco Smokers

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by astutewoman, Aug 24, 2015.

1. astutewoman

astutewoman New Member

All new to Vaping but getting there. Still searching for the "Right" flavour to get off the ciggies totally. This may help the other tobacco smokers out there. From HOL order samplers of Cigerallos and 2 others 12 mg. Cigerallos were good but could not vap all day on them and still wanted my normal smokes(taste thing) From ecigs.net.nz got the canuk Blue Win tobacco high nic, think it is 24mg. Now this tastes just like Winfield Blue to me and I hate that. Also got some unflavoured vg nic 36 mg.

Here is what I did; 1 ml of cigerellos 12mg
    1ml of unflavoured vg 36 mg
    2 ml of canuk Blue Win high nic

shake, mix, puff, very very close to my Winnie Gold I smoke and am finding that I am smoking less and less

Hope I put this in the right place

2. bbobytivanovy5223

bbobytivanovy5223 New Member

I'm not great at maths but that mix seems very high in nicotine? Like crazy, poisonous type high nic?

Feral, did you try the Guevara and the Puros? I find them both very strong tobacco flavours, but I can't go much higher than 12mg of nic.

How often are you vaping through the day?

3. jobe8l

jobe8l New Member

If he's right about the blue win being 24, that mix would indeed be 24. A little on the strong side, but nothing poisonous.
    Most blue smokers (12) smoke around 18 from what I've read as the nico doesn't absorb as well as darts, so I'd say he's on closer to a red in strength but covering with flavor.
    I'm no scientician, I leave the rocket surgery to the brain scientists, but the 36 and 12 at even amounts would equal 24.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

4. asdkfasdkf

asdkfasdkf New Member

Maybe I'm reading it wrong then. I thought Feral meant, 1ml of 36mg, plus 1ml of 12mg, plus 2ml of canuk Blue Hi Nic (24mg?).....?

If he means 1ml + 1ml equals 2ml of canuk Blue Hi Nic, then that wouldn't be so worrying.

But he did say this:

Feral, please tell me you are not adding Cigarellos and plain nic to your canuk Blue with nic (24mg)?

5. lenokrinauleva

lenokrinauleva New Member

Ok, I'm the retard.....told you I was no good at maths.

Just ignore me.

6. adzastg56y

adzastg56y New Member

Feral did you try the HoL Guevara, or Puros?

7. Bicgrini

Bicgrini New Member

The highest of canuk Blue nic is 16mg......

*doesn't ignore JenJ...... *

:cool:

8. cancel352

cancel352 New Member

Isnt win blue the same taste as win gold? Just the difference in strength? or the filter with more holes? I mean real ciggarates. I used to smoke win blue which i think is a 12mg? I might try the ecigs.net.nz at med str.

9. chillinfree

chillinfree New Member

just got back from work. night shift on the road. all added in together as an experiment till other stuffs turn up. the canuk blue doesn't state what the nic is, was just a guess. if it is 24mg than the total of the 4 mls should be 24mg. if it is 18 mg than total would be 21 mg (add it all up divide by 4).
    ohh, winnie blue and winnie gold taste nothing like each other in the analogs. tobacco chain smoker for the last 20 years or so. taylor mades taste like sucking on dirt.
    have a sample of the guevara and virginia prime but really can't taste em.

sorry for the lack of proper typing but been a very long and tiring night.

10. RiPP3R

RiPP3R New Member

i smoke win blue analogs all the time. Tried gold long time ago cant remember if it tastes the same or not. Ive tried win blue rollies and it didnt taste the same. Definitely gonna miss the Port Royal rollies. But then again i might just make my own rum ejuice.

11. dmxdjwtmwl

dmxdjwtmwl New Member

Where's Old Dog?

12. smoomiels

smoomiels New Member

I always found they tasted different, and winnie reds different again.

13. macho08

macho08 New Member

On Hiatus, until after September.

14. ocelot

ocelot New Member

Bahahahahaha!

15. vogonsrock

vogonsrock New Member

Oh port royal, I used to love the smell of it. Reminds me of when I was a teenager lol

16. Tracer

Tracer New Member

Old smoker here who can remember when the nic mg was written on the packs. I always always smoked Win Gold, they are defiantly 8mg cigs, Blues are 12mg and Reds 24mg. But that does not equate 1:1 with e-juice mg ratings. For me coming off Win Gold I settled on 12 mg e-juice.

Can I also say if you are searching for a taste exactly just like your old analogs you may be disappointed, I went through the same thought process myself. E-juice is never going to match that ashy taste that analogs have. The tobacco flavours taste like tobacco smells but don't taste like tobacco tastes when it is burnt.

But don't be dismayed, the nic is you savour. Once you brain works out were the nicotine is coming from it has a magical way making things very tasty. Stick with it and don't be scared of getting some sweet flavours that you think you would like. Try this for a personal experiment. Lets say you naturally quite like strawberry but could never imagine smoking it. Buy a strawberry e-juice and give it a vape. At first you will think "yes strawberry there but not what I was looking for be.comse I'm trying to replace normal cigarettes" you may also encounter some funny after-tastes. That's fine all normal at this stage. Each day force your self to have a little session vapeing that strawberry for about a week or two and stay off the analogs. You will then fine your self saying mmm I feel like going and vaping that strawberry, that strawberry's not to bad. This is the nic kicking in and the brain working out where it is coming from.

As you first come of the analogs it is very hard to break the brains association between cigarette taste and nicotine, you have been reinforcing that connection for years. Trying to to find a tobacco e-juice is not helping break that connection be.comse, one it is close but not the same and only confusing your brains connection, and two you will be swapping from one flavour to the next in your desperate (hopeless) search for an e-juice that tastes 100% like analogs.

By doing the strawberry method you are sending a clear signal to your brain that nicotine is here in the strawberry and the brain will adapt your tastes surprisingly quickly. I say strawberry but it can be anything that you think you would like yet not a pure tobacco flavour. Could be vanilla, caramel, raspberry, apple, mango, blackberry, red bull anything really, just something you can find some sort of taste positive in for the interim period.

Things then get better! Once you have connected the brain to the vape's nicotine then that connection stays and you can venture out into new and wonderful flavours, it's easy to switch from one vape flavour to another and the brain comes along without complaint. So now you can try all the vape flavour including the tobaccos. Some are horrible but many are wonderful. you will find many you love you just have to search an experiment. I guess what I am saying in short is migrating you brain's nicotine analog connection is hard and don't confuse that with the taste not being the same as the analog. Your still getting the nicotine, and the smoke and the physical hand face action so this is not like quitting. This is more like moving to a new cigarette brand that tastes very different. Give your brain a clear consistent taste to nicotine signal and it will come around before you know it.

I should also say this is my own rant and views from my own personal experience on changing over. It's what I felt and learned in the move. It may be different for others but this was me applying science to the experience I felt. I now vape and love it and are so glade that the nasty, smelly, health sapping cigarette are behind me.

I would also highly recommend you look for a RY4 flavour which is a sort of vanilla, caramel, tobacco flavour, go for a sweet one.

Sorry for the long rant everyone.

Time for a vape!

17. IrmaWeave

IrmaWeave New Member

Nice post doof. Maybe i will try the strawberry method on my hubby :)

18. dog-lover

dog-lover New Member

He invests his time over on that cesspool Bigfooty during the season. I'm kind of glad I don't know his username over there as we play the Hawks this Friday and likely will cop a reaming.

19. jjesixqdan

jjesixqdan New Member

Brain is slowly realising that vape is nic so getting there. Good news is, even though still smoking ( about a fith of what i was) lungs are clearer and got more "puff"during the day. Once this last pouch is gone it will be GONE. Got some STR8's tobacco flavs, a bit sweet but nice at the same time. His S-T-R-8, will definately be ordering more while I play with the home grown flavours

Money saved in last 6 weeks.................................................... none. Lol, spending on juice, batteries, got a mod coming, bits and pieces, do-dads and gizmos.

I LIKE TOYS :D:D:D

20. Lamia

Lamia New Member

common error, those quoted numbers where for the tar content.
    remember the other number ?
    nicotine was generally a 1/10 of the tar or near enough particularly with the stronger, most smokes where around the 0.8 to 1.2 mg nicotine.
    we tend to use 1mg nicotine as its a nice round number.