Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Fixing the button on The Bolt

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by fluckaduck, Oct 15, 2015.

1. fluckaduck

fluckaduck New Member

Hi,

I won this as a prize so I don't really have any warranty over the product to simply return it to get a replacement :(

The problem is I am having increasingly intermittent button failures on my Bolt. When I first got it, I could depress the button gently and it would fire immediately with the full strength of the battery. However now I find that sometimes it won't even fire and when it does, the amount of power output is about half the norm. Then I click, click, click the button and finally it gives me a full power output. Even when it does work, it's like I need to hold it in for a second or two before anything happens, rather than getting the immediate response that it used to give.

I can't see an easy way to fix this sd there is no easy access to the button assembly.. anyone have any ideas?

2. Schwarma

Schwarma New Member

Hi light! Thanks for your contribs I have gained from and congratulations on your recent wedding.
    I was considering a Bolt and found this the other day, then this.

Might be some help ;)

3. exorcenna

exorcenna New Member

I put my Ikenvape 901LR on there and it is firing first time, everytime.. and the single coil cartomiser is the same.. everytime firing.. but the DC carto I have is the one not firing everytime.. but the thing is.. these Bolts don't have any circuit protection built in.. so would you say it is the battery? The battery currently in there is an AW IMR.. so not protected either.. so maybe not.. I dunno.. it's very odd. If there were some kind of circuit protection in any component, then that would explain it.. but there's nothing in the current setup.

4. dqrk

dqrk New Member

There seem to be quite a few problems with the Bolt switch according to posts on UKV, it seems you may need to upgrade the switch, how I don't know.

RC

5. aleksxx

aleksxx New Member

You might find something useful on this thread.

self servicing a Bolt

Bit worrying that it seems to be a common complaint.

Seems they need to use a heavier .comge wire in the construction.

6. Blubberfischlix

Blubberfischlix New Member

Hrmm.. I dont know a lot about electronics (just the basics) but do you think that be.comse the wire is too thin, it is not allowing the full amount of charge to pass through to the atty?

7. bamiesqusasd9725

bamiesqusasd9725 New Member

From a few threads I have come across it seems the wire is where the failures have been happening.
    A few pulled their bolts apart thinking it was the switch and found out it was the wire.
    There was a few mentions of it twisting the wire where it joins on the positive contact to the battery as that contact seem to be able to rotate.
    The action of replacing the battery all the time .comses that terminal to turn thereby weakening the wire.

Seems to be the only issue the units have, I hope they have corrected this, I will find out when I get one.