Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

first vaping related death?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by xxxmp4, Nov 6, 2015.

1. xxxmp4

xxxmp4 New Member

2. ppdzyzr3v

ppdzyzr3v New Member

Odd, it says there has been a huge spike in lung cancer diagnoses over the last year. How many of those could be attributed to vaping? Not many, I'll wager.

VirtualBusyBee likes this.
  3. Judy

Judy New Member

oportosanto likes this.
  4. timmo

timmo New Member

"While it isn’t yet clear what led to the sudden tragic death, the boy’s case has raised concerns amid the rising popularity of E-cigarettes, with many users seeing vaping as a safer alternative to smoking.

According to the boy’s mother, he’d been smoking E-cigarettes for the past 11 months and had never smoked before. According to medical experts, the boy checked in on January 13 and was diagnosed with lung cancer after a small tumor was found on his left lung. But what really worries experts is that barely a month and a half later, the boy is dead. His lungs were ‘filled with tumors’, ‘like if they were multiplying at an extremely faster rate than usual.’
    "

Hmmmm we dont know why he died , but he had been on e-cigs for 11 months .. so THAT must be it !

I would put it down to very biased reporting , however they DO point out the risk of higher voltage ( wattage) vaping leading to more formation of byproduct chemicals .. ( which my background leads me to concur might be the case )

I do think its time we stopped believing vaping is "safe" and not harmful in any way tho ... I always have looked at it as Harm Reduction as compared to tobacco ... silly wattage devices and highly flavoured liquids are going to make it less so IMO

5. debb

debb New Member

lol or a fake story :)

6. fofix78

fofix78 New Member

[​IMG]

Acheno84 likes this.
  7. BethanyMc

BethanyMc New Member

I was wondering why his head was bandaged ................................................................Looks like a news site that would be a good partner for people magazine or the sun newspaper. Yep the main page is full of up to the minute important news. Infossip

Cheers
    Midlife

8. milosebich

milosebich New Member

Apparently every year, about 16,000 to 24,000 Americans die of lung cancer even though they have never smoked a day in there life. Im pretty sure if it wasn't vaping they would have tried pinning it on red cordial or something.

9. Morgan Wood

Morgan Wood New Member

Device:
    Kangertech Subox Mini
    Juice:
    Juishy Arctic Grape
    This story is definitely fake. Smoking is not the only cause of lung cancer. And I honestly doubt that vaping for less than a year will give you lung cancer. I would be very surprised if this was true. There HAS to be an underlying cause for his lung cancer and death.

10. RobPonders

RobPonders Member

Device:
    G Pen
    Juice:
    Switch it up
    Yea I call BS on that one.
    It takes YEARS of smoking typically for lung cancer to present.
    That link is dead already but I found others like it online.
    If you try, you can find basically anything online. Does not make it true.

11. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    I believe that this is a fake story too. The fact is that vaping is for the first time serious competition to the tobacco industry, so no surprise if in times to come a lot of news like this and others saying vaping is unhealthy will appear. Most likely directed researches will be finances by the tobacco industry to "prove" this point.

12. johnyork

johnyork New Member

Device:
    Cost
    Juice:
    Chocolate lab
    It's probably fake. It takes years of smoking typically for lung cancer to present. Tobacco will always be more harmful anyway.

13. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    I cannot open the link anymore so I searched online for this supposed case of death due to vaping. I found only this one explaining the possibility that it might be fake:

http://www.grimmgreen.com/post/111901801238/did-a-man-really-die-from-lung-cancer-caused-by

Anyway, I think it's weird that someone actually made up a story about this picture, if it's actually really from Syria. The sad thing is it got viral and spread wrong information about vapes. The picture actually shows the man with head bandages, so it's likely that he's had some trauma and maybe that's the cause of death.

14. mooray

mooray Member

Device:
    eGo & EVOD.
    Juice:
    VG/PG
    A fake story. I told you there are people out there to destroy the vaping industry. Probably the tobacco guys.

15. MiMi

MiMi New Member

Device:
    e-bull
    Juice:
    mint
    I wasn't able to open the article but I'm 100% certain you'll get lung cancer faster with smoking cigarettes. Vaping in not risk free but compared to cigarette, might as well be.

16. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    This just in. Man eats banana, has heart attack. Stop eating bananas! STOP NOW. HE ATE A BANANA AND HE HAD A HEART ATTACK. He is also overweight. BANANAS MAKE YOU FAT AND DIE. STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AT ONCE.

17. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    I doubt this story is valid. Sure, excessive smoking contributes to the whole cancer thing. However, the role of e-smoking was not that huge to worsen his condition and cause a speedy death.

18. SapnaTheBaller3

SapnaTheBaller3 Member

Device:
    ELeaf
    Juice:
    O.C
    I can't find any truth behind this story quite honestly. Too much of anything is bad for your health, but this seems like something that would be possible from smoking cigarettes rather than vaping.

19. karmelyn

karmelyn New Member

Device:
    hp 17 touchscreen laptop
    Juice:
    don't have one yet
    Well I live in Ga and when the vape store first came, so many people were there it was like Black Friday. Then I also started hearing that people were dying from it, due to fluid in the lungs. Don't know if it's true or not though?

20. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    I don't find it strange really because I believe that the whole goal of this is to create bad advertising for vaping. Tobacco industry makes billions and they don't want to give a piece of that to vaping industry, so war is about to begin I believe...