Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Expat Vapor heading to Coffs looking for vape shop/supplier in the area...

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by MOON WILLOW, Jan 29, 2016.

1. MOON WILLOW

MOON WILLOW New Member

Hi Guys,

I'm a fairly experienced Vapor - Oz expat living in Thailand.
    I'm coming to Oz next week and will be in Coffs.
    Wondering if you know of any Vape shops/suppliers in the Coffs area ?

many thanks & vape on,
    Buzz

PS: Will be bringing a couple of VaperShark's - DNA30 & rDNA30, Kayfun 3.1, .comtilus tanks with the new BVC coils, Veritas dripper and some other gear - just hope I don't have any hassles when arriving in Sydney going thru customs & then the domestic flight from Syd to Coffs ? ... any tips appreciated

2. black cat222

black cat222 New Member

You should be ok with all your gear.... I had no issues going through customs at Sydney and Melbourne.... Having said that if you have luggage you are checking in, I would put all of my gear in there. A friend got his confiscated a then returned when he got off at brisbane. All this on Virgin and qantas. As far as ecig shops or vapers supplies, I do not know of any at all except tobacconists that sell crap. However, thta does not mean there aren't any.

3. Stevie

Stevie New Member

Print out the page that states your airlines policy on carrying ecigs and batteries. Carry the batteries, properly secured, in carry on bag. Customs and Security will have no problems - they see them all the time. Don't vape on the plane.

Coffs probably too small for a vape shop, but there may be something dodgy from the local smoke shop

4. MayraMade

MayraMade New Member

Thanks for the replies/comments/tips guys ...

Couldn't find any Vape shops in Coffs

Nooo probs with my vape gear arriving/departing Sydney, or the domestic flight up to & back from Coffs.

5. Zenman2112

Zenman2112 New Member

Just a nosy old guy here.

If you are bringing all your hardware with you, why would you be looking for Vape shops in canada? As you know you cant legally buy Nicotine here. If its nic juice you will be looking for bring it with you. Plenty available in Thailand. If you are staying any length of time order some from overseas and get it posted to Coffs?

6. mmjjff80

mmjjff80 New Member

Was just curious as to whether any Vape shop(s) in Coffs, to see what they might have in stock, maybe have a chat with some local Vapers ...
    (also, was a bit worried before I left home, that some of my stuff could have got confisgated by customs/security at airports as I was coming via a stopover in Bali - there is still some uncertainty about batteries for example on what you can carry on board and checked-in baggage - got some conflicting advice/instructions from different Airlines)

As nic is banned in Oz, how do you guys get around that ?

Currently in Thailand some new laws being drafted to ban all imports with heavy heavy fines ... we think it's a revenue thing, as the Gov't owns the Thai tobacco monopoly ... juices are getting harder to buy locally as nic is definitely banned - lots of guys ordering direct from the U.S. (GLV, MtBaker etc...) and just hoping they get through, which they are atm

7. Lapara99

Lapara99 New Member

Nic 'purchase/sale' is illegal within.comst' but most states allow 'import for personal use only'.
    QLD is another story....

Hope you enjoy your trip mate.

8. anfimycheva

anfimycheva New Member

tks for the filling me in there Browny - good to know about the nic import.

Already back home - all my vape gear safe - did 8 flights (domestic and intl) - really, only slight confusion was with batteries whether to carry on board or with check-in luggage

9. thaFalkon

thaFalkon New Member

Glad to hear you didn't loose anything, especially with 8 flights.
    Also for future referrance (from memory of course) batteries are supposed to be carry-on luggage, due to the pressure/temp' changes in the cargo hold.

Just checked the post dates on this thread too ....it's not my strong suit clearly.