Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Ethyl Maltol

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by giddy penguin, Jul 12, 2015.

1. giddy penguin

giddy penguin New Member

Anyone know any canuk vendors who sell smaller amounts of EM? I'm all out and don't really feel like waiting weeks for an OS shipment.

Cheers! :)

2. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

Whats that used for?

3. FlarlFaifs

FlarlFaifs New Member

fairy floss concentrate is pure ethyl maltol i hear.
    not sure which brand or if its different between them.

4. Ododemew

Ododemew New Member

I've never thought of it for vaping. just looked it up "has a distinct caramel/butterscotch smell"

Sounds yummy, I want some too :)

Chrisso, let us in on your recipie

5. ocelot

ocelot New Member

Thanks Stoney turns out you're right :)

Perfumers/flavours apprentice cotton candy is 10% EM in PG. 10ml should last me until I can order some pure stuff overseas.

Anyone used vaping cobra before?

6. Pupawait

Pupawait New Member

You guys who haven't heard of Ethyl Maltol - grab some! It's one of the closest things to magic in DIY ;) Probably the #1 thing to buy even before you get your flavours (or at the same time anyway)

It's a flavour that has sweet properties to it. Wouldn't call it a sweetener exactly, but lots of people do. It's not very nice by itself but mixed into tobacco, or pretty much any flavour is YUM. It adds awesomeness to all kinds of juices in small amounts. Using larger amounts it adds sweetness, smoothness, thickness, toasted caramelness/slight burnt sugar and other good things.

I used to add it to everything. The trick is to start with a tiny amount, you don't need much.

7. tacfgiuymb

tacfgiuymb New Member

You summed it up well mate!

If you're stuck I have some I can send you.

8. inigrarve

inigrarve New Member

Link for where to buy anyone?

RC

9. ATSpace

ATSpace New Member

10. soxscort

soxscort New Member

agree, its a savior to DIY. Adds a nice burnt sugarish caramel flavour to the mix. Strange that no canuk vendors sell it, i had to order it in from OS.

11. giGtrish

giGtrish New Member

So if you had it at 10% in PG, what would be a good starting point? 1 ml in 30ml juice?

12. onceisntenough

onceisntenough New Member

Does it dissolve very easily and how big are the crystals?

13. axterisko

axterisko New Member

It looks like white sugar. Same sort of sized granules. I had no worries dissolving it in warm pg. I put 9ml of pg in a 10ml bottle and added enough em to fill the bottle to the 10ml mark, zapped in microwave, shaked, microwaved, shaked.... i have been using it around 3%. I have to mix up some more probably over the weekend, so will weigh the amount of em i add this time.

14. Square

Square New Member

I'm not very good at measuring but I dissolve the crystals to saturation in some kick arse 95 proof Polish vodka and use 1 drop or less per final mixed mil of juice.

15. zzcvpkbb

zzcvpkbb New Member

16. martinsmith

martinsmith New Member

If you are a tobacco flavour lover its worth grabbing some Tobacco absolute variations etc from PA as well, plus other concentrates. A relatively moderate outlay will last you a years DIY juices at least.

I have been making my own juices from PA stuff for 12 months now.

17. Alexa

Alexa New Member

Will have to keep my eye out for it be.comse I want to start to make some DIY juices.

18. adafania

adafania New Member

Any recipes??

19. alissasr18

alissasr18 New Member

"
    Description

Ethyl maltol is derived from maltol (E636) by replacing one metholy group with an ethyl group. Maltol is a naturally occurring organic compound that is found in the bark of larch trees, pine needles, and roasted malt. Commercially it is produced by the extraction of larch trees, or by the roasting of malt, or produced by heating lactose and maltose. It produces a white, crystalline powder that is very soluble, and has a distinct caramel/butterscotch smell. It is used as a flavour enhancer in food, especially in breads and cakes.
    Common Uses

Used in dairy-based drinks, dairy-based desserts, cocoa products, chocolate products, chocolate substitutes, confectionary, chewing gum, bakery and baked goods, sports drinks, coffee, coffee substitutes, tea, herbal infusions, hot cereal and grain beverages, wines and fruit wine."

So it's made from tree bark or pine needles ;)

20. Araedhel

Araedhel New Member

just ordered some Ethyl malto crystals and some tobacco absolute
    Any recipes guys
    i love the tobacco flavours