Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

ethyl maltol concentrate

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by goodwolf, Jul 14, 2015.

1. goodwolf

goodwolf New Member

notice that perfumer apprentice are selling the crystal concentrate of this stuff. gonna buy some as i think its more cost effective that buying fairy floss flavor mixed juice.

q. how do i use it. for example, a recipe calls for 10% ethyl maltol how do i make a solution of this, and what relative strength will it have?

all advice accepted :)

2. bmrrsts97a

bmrrsts97a New Member

Dissolve the crystals into PG, if it was me I'd be dissolving them until saturation point, then diluting that down with more PG to double the mixture, which would likely make it a higher concentrate than the 10% recommended but would mean I could use 1 drop rather than 5 for example.

3. spkksm

spkksm New Member

Vaping Cobra also stock Ethyl Maltol Crystals

4. pejuangpeju

pejuangpeju New Member

5. hambeagerie

hambeagerie New Member

thanks, just had a look at the vaping cobra site, awesome, will defo get them from there

6. iwtfyaz

iwtfyaz New Member

A saturated or supersaturated solution can be unstable when you remove the heat. The crystals can start to crystallise and precipitate back out.

The data sheet for EM states that 1g per 17ml is the maximum for PG, which equates to around 5.8%

Doing a super saturated solution would require 3-4 days to make. The idea is to add EM, heat, shake, let sit for a day to cool. Keep doing this until you find the point where there is only a small amount of crystals at the bottom of the bottle once it has cooled down. Once you get to this point, then pour the solution into a new bottle. Now you have a super saturated solution.

Any crystals you have in the original bottle just leave there till you want to make up another batch.

I don't like to use a microwave to heat anything up, but if you wanted to, you could heat this up in a microwave for 10 seconds. DON'T USE PLASTIC :)

7. johnjp10

johnjp10 New Member

I do use the microwave, I usually make a 250ml bottle of the stuff as I am now a vendor in the states and use a lot of it. I put some in and shake well, microwave for a few and then watch the crystals disappear and do this probably 3 times total each batch. The last time there are always a few crystals on the bottom and that's OK, it just shows the solution is at maximum density. I do not let the PG get hot but warm, maybe 30 seconds each time........:)

8. SomeDude

SomeDude New Member

Would somebody help me with the math here? im crap at working these things out. I had intended to use the crystals as I thought it would be the most cost effective way of making my vape up...

so lets say i want to make 100mm of EM concentrate. you recon thats 1g for 17ml. 100mm = 5.8 grams using 100ml of PG?

The other flavour i already have, and it is also PG based.

Recipie calls for 20% flavour 1 and 5% flavour 2 (EM)

My base nic is 48mg (50/50) pg vg

so If i wanted to make 200ml of 12mg juice i would be looking at ...

40ml Flavour 1
    10ml Flavour 2
    50ml of 48mg nic
    and 100ml of vg or pg?

anybody got a spreadsheet for this shit lol!

9. JulianaX5

JulianaX5 New Member

Your recipe & calculations look good to me :)

The thing is to test a small (5ml or 10ml) batch first. That way if the juice doesn't taste quite right you can make some adjustments before you drop in a big batch of arse juice ;)

10. Tristan

Tristan New Member

Noe, had a post somewhere where he detailed how he does his mixes I wish I could find it.
    He mentioned he makes up certain %'s and then when he gets the finished product he could combine them to make %'s.

I think..... Noe can you find it? hehehe

11. Brian

Brian New Member

TestTestTest

12. chimota94

chimota94 New Member

LOL I probably could find it if I looked long enough, through my own posts but it would be quicker & easier just to retype it if needed ;)

Edit here you go:
    Basically Ballza, you mix up 10ml bottles, start at a low % of concentrate ( which depends on the type of concentrate you are using some concentrates are low at 10% , while others are low at 1%, brand & flavor type within brands can make a difference here).
    Lets say you were using HealthCabin Hamimelon concentrate( coz it's one I am familiar with).

Mix the first bottle at 10% flavor, test vape for taste if it is too weak(most likely will be) then mix up the next 10ml bottle at 20% & test vape that. If it is tasting right, then you mix up a 10ml @ 30% flavor & add it to the 10ml @ 10% flavor, now you have 30ml @ 20% flavor juice.

Lets say you mixed the 10% up & it was too strong, next you mix up a 5% 10ml, test vape & if it is right, then you mix up a 10ml 0% flavor to combine with the 10ml 10% flavor & now you have 30ml 5% flavored juice.

That is the process in its simplest form, the idea is to make small batches & test vape each until you find the correct % of flavor to add. Then when you have that worked out, you recycle the batches that were too weak or too strong by mixing up stronger or weaker mixes to add 50/50 & get it to the desired flavor %.

13. mwhoczo3l

mwhoczo3l New Member

MatchMatchMatch?