Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

eGo C atty pull down and clean

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by SoSkibelfAmbilku, Oct 19, 2015.

1. SoSkibelfAmbilku

SoSkibelfAmbilku New Member

Only used one for a week but I had to know if these are more easily reclaimed than an ego T.
    In case anyone wants to know how to use them ..[​IMG]
    take the ring off the atty holder base, unscrews with a 10c piece in the slots I find.

[​IMG]
    drop the atty into the tube, spike side first, screw ring back on, its ready to go.

[​IMG]

dismantled the atty using a small awl, held in fingers and simply pried out the spike plate, the wick in contact with the heater was quite black in this case but was only greyish in the tube.

[​IMG]

pulling on the wick .comsed it to come out of the little roll of mesh still stuck in the spike.. ohoh..

2. Jenna Bee

Jenna Bee New Member

[​IMG]

turns out the little roll of mesh is easily removed and flattened, the wick was held in a gas flame till red hot and spotless.
    with a little bit of care, i rerolled the mesh around the wick centre and pulled the wick through till only a little came out one end. Bit of tweezer work got the wick and mesh back in the spike.
    [​IMG]

3. AimundAid

AimundAid New Member

now for the heater .. screwed the tube base onto an ego and you can hold the heater on top and fire it up, you need to skew the heater a little so the side is contacting the ring as the little silicon o ring on the heater base insulates it from the holder on the bottom usually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc6S4aDu4to&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I went a little hotter than I meant to here, it was already pretty clean so its more like a finished clean than a gunked up heater.

once this was done, had to get the top cap back in on top if the heater, I ended up holding the top by the spike in a vice and the heater just pushed back on with finger pressure.

result: just like a new one..

4. gzsfrhjpfh

gzsfrhjpfh New Member

Nice work!