Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

E-juice spits & pops in one tank & not in another.

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by BarbieGirl, Aug 22, 2015.

1. BarbieGirl

BarbieGirl New Member

G'day people. I tried an experiment this morning after getting frustrated by one of the tank & e-juice combos I was using.

First the combo...VK Pipe Dreams (one of my favourite ADVs) in a Youde Bellus tank. Stats: Tank deck build, 0.52 ohm dual coil, organic cotton wicking. This combo produced constant spits & huge pops. The pops were so big I could easily feel the pressure they produced. And quite honestly, were also loud enough to make me jump when it happened. I must admit I've put up with it doing this for over a month, hence this experiment.
    According to the Ohms calculator, with a fresh battery on a mech mod it works out at 33.1 watts, & nominally at 3.7 volts it's 26.3 watts. Even on a regulated mod, it would spit & pop at half those watts.

So earlier this morning I emptied the last of the Pipe Dreams back into the bottle, cleaned out the tank, re-wicked it & filled it with Green Apple (my other favourite ADVs). Screwed it onto the K100 mech mod (in 18350 mode) & took it to the Community Garden. Took a couple of vapes in the car on the way & no pops or spits. Vaped on it 1/2 dozen times at the garden with the same result. Same coming home. Such a relief. After getting home I screwed the Bellus tank onto my Kbox & took a vape at my usual 20 watts, no spitting or popping. Cranked it up to it's 40 watt max & took about a dozen good vapes. Still no pops or spits.

Next I emptied the Tobacco Classique out of the Kanger sub tank mini I had it in & replaced with Pipe Dreams. On the K100 with another fresh battery, no pops or spits. Then onto the Kbox at 20 watts, the same. Cranked it up to 40 watts & not a sign of any popping or spitting.

So now that's one problem fixed. :applouse: Note to self; Do NOT fill the Youde Bellus tank with Pipe Dreams.

2. Jushkie

Jushkie New Member

I'm fairly new to vaping, but have had the same spitting and popping issues with my Smok VCT A1 tank. When I use the normal kantha coils I don't have any problems. When I put in the NI200 and use temperature control, it spits and pops, making vaping really unpleasant.

My biggest issue is I only vape a few times a week, so the coil tends to flood in between uses.

Here are some things I've discovered that minimise the popping:

If I blow hard through the top, it forces built up eliquid through the air intakes (make sure you wrap it in a tissue before doing this). Once cleared, the popping is much reduced.

Also, if I use a normal kantha coil, on the Smok VCT A1 it allows you to adjust the size of the eliquid intake holes. The less liquid coming into the coil, the less spitting I tend to get.

And finally, buy a new tank. Probably the most effective solution. I just purchased a Kaees Landmark Sub-ohm tank and it's working really well. I think some tanks are better than others - that's what it mainly comes down to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Tony

Tony New Member

Popping is a direct result of how tight the wicks are in the coils. Too loose and they pop and crackle, too tight and its dry hit city unless you use the Scottish roll wicking method.

Make the wicks tighter in the coils.

4. mahadi

mahadi New Member

I have same problem with tron s tank. Anyone having this issue

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

5. bmilesqtexady9807

bmilesqtexady9807 New Member

Yep popping is a result of a pocket of juice boiling rather than a controlled "sizzle" as it feeds to the coil and is vapourised ... different liquids will have different characteristics ( PG VG levels , concentrates, in some cases water and/or small amounts of volatile oils) that will react differently ... a thick juice in a pool may not pop anywhere like a thin juice pocket ... ahhh the foibles of vaping :)

6. armando27000

armando27000 New Member

Scottish roll wicking looked great to me too.... still haven't actually gone to the effort to try it.

7. wizardking

wizardking New Member

Works great in an RDA, spins you out when visually your wick is dry but it's still chuckin' dem cloudz bruh.