Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Dubai

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by gongorac, Jan 1, 2016.

1. gongorac

gongorac New Member

Any travelers here been to Dubai recently? Any issues with Ecigs in their bags?

I'm going later in the year, and I've read some conflicting stuff elsewhere but it's all been a year old (some say its fine, others say it will definitely be confiscated), just curious if anyone has any recent real world experience about bringing vaping gear into Dubai.

2. u4fu6

u4fu6 New Member

I was there late last year mate and I doubt you would have any probs since most smoke a shisha / Hookah, plus they are one of the most friendliest people I ever met . Even though it's banned , I hear some stores sell e cigs and most reviews say they never had a prob..

Dubai security & E-cigs?

3. Jess

Jess New Member

They are illegal in dubai dude. They will probably stone you to death. And then **** your misses.

I have heard of them getting confiscated at customs. Dont bring your best mod.

4. dilinger225

dilinger225 New Member

Give Andyj a pm. He works in the region.

5. giGtrish

giGtrish New Member

Hey mate, I travel to and from dubai/abu dhabi pretty frequently, over a year ago I took so much vape gear over its not funny, ranging from mods to all my tools that I use, they did stop me and asked if I had tools in my bag and I just said yes, but as has been stated I would only take gear that you NEED becomse it is illegal. My opinion is do not try to hide it and cover it up with everything in your bag, I leave mine pretty much on top so as soon as you open the bag they can see it and just tell them it's an ecig. You shouldn't have any problems.

6. Samuel H

Samuel H New Member

I have been to and passed through Dubai 5 times in the last 2 years. Yes they are illegal but as long as you don't fcomnt it, you will be fine. In the airport, you ahve to go to smoking lounge. Don't try to vape in airport becomse you will get hassled. I have never had any issues at customs.

7. Aleris

Aleris New Member

Thanks everyone.

Andy, I read elsewhere if you say it's an ecig, they will confiscate, but if you say it's an eshisha, they don't care. Any truth to that, that you are aware of?

8. SapnaTheBaller3

SapnaTheBaller3 Member

Device:
    ELeaf
    Juice:
    O.C
    I see no problem with vaping in Dubai. Most of the places you visit they'll be people smoking shisha anyways. Enjoy your trip!

9. Chris_A

Chris_A Member

Device:
    Aspyre
    Juice:
    Custom
    I think a country like Dubai, where most people smoke, vaping would be perfectly OK. Not sure about that legally, mind you, but I think nobody would really care.

10. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    I've been to Dubai once. I'd say there's no problem with vaping inside the westernized part of the city. However, If you ever step into the traditional one... don't you dare.

11. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    I haven't been to Dubai so I don't know for sure. I've read though that it's safer to:

1. Leave the labels of the products or devices on.

2. Don't cover them up in an attempt to well...cover them. Just let them be seen easily.

3. If anyone asks, it's easier to say it's shisha because they won't be bothering you that way. Lol.

Good luck to you!