Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Dropped my Zmax Ver 2

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by Fabiench, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Fabiench

Fabiench New Member

I dropped my Zmax Ver 2 today on my tile floor in my kitchen. It got a couple little dents, nothing major, but I think the internals shifted or something. It still fires and the menu system still works, but whenever I push the button to fire I can feel and hear the battery moving inside. Has anyone else run into this issue? Does anyone think that this could be a danger in any way? Thanks

2. parabola

parabola New Member

Oh, and I forgot to mention that the button does not stick out as far as it originally did.

3. mhncpurjhdic

mhncpurjhdic New Member

Sorry to ask again, but does anyone think this it is a danger in any way to continue to use it?

4. notmine

notmine New Member

You should be fine to keep using it. As long as it's still firing the protection in the IC should still be in place.

5. Phattmum

Phattmum New Member

Thanks Chaos!

6. Matt P

Matt P New Member

Actually, I think I would pull the battery and look inside the tube. If the battery connector has broken loose, you will want to remove the board and solder it back. What I've read thus far leads me to believe that issue can cause the switch to overheat and fail. Sometimes when the switch fails, it will constantly fire even with the cutoff. Just some thoughts. Don't want you to damage it beyond repair.

7. doandokim

doandokim New Member

When I look down the tube, if I apply any pressure to the button I can see the internals move from side to side. I will Probably continue to sideline the Zmax until I can attempt to fix it. Luckily I got it heavily discounted at the Madvapes store here in Charlotte during their Black Friday sale.

8. SuperBeth

SuperBeth New Member

MadVapes is a great place to have around, that's for sure. I know they do not have at least one guy still there that was the counter guy in the past.

Regarding the ZMax, you can remove the top cap as it is just pressed in. May be from there you can get better access. Some hot glue or silicone can shore the internals up really well.

9. White House Watching

White House Watching New Member

Cool, I will give it a shot.