Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Does anyone have experience with Polycaproactone

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by Veritas et Aequitas (), Sep 17, 2015.

1. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

Also known as Polymorph pellets.

Jaycar sell them, but you can find them a lot cheaper (ebay etc.)
    Main downside would be their low melting point - 60 degrees celcius.
    However, that is their major advantage also.

Seems to be popular in the robotics world as a prototyping material.
    As it is a non toxic material and hardens quite well I would imagine it could have some useful applications in the modding arena.

buggy.

2. amiesqusasd2007

amiesqusasd2007 New Member

I LOVE this stuff...

That being said, proto-typing is indeed what is best for. I'm not a modder so not sure what the temps are like but that might be a concern.

More of a concern might be the fact that whilst it is REALLY fun to play with and really easy/flexible in use it's not the easiest thing to make 'pretty'.
    Again, not being a modder I'm not sure how all that bit works but of the top of my head it MIGHT be useful inside the case (e.g. small dividers, making 'beds' for components etc.) but that really depends on the temps. If it re-melted it gets sticky and you'd probably waste anything that was touching it.

It would be possible to make a case out of it, but the finish would be pretty ordinary unless you were an expert at the stuff.

3. MinervaYf

MinervaYf New Member

Thanks for the reply Caffeine,

I was originally thinking about tank end - caps for the CE2 tank mods - it *should* work fine for the bottom cap, and probably for the top cap too - I don't think
    the top end hits too high a temp for very long, I guess I'll just have to try it out.

I hadn't considered it for holding components in place - that's a great thought - the only bits that would get warm in the box are the atty connector and the regulator heatsink,
    even then they don't get too hot - so more stuff to try out.

And Caffeine, please reveal all - what do you use this stuff for?

buggy

4. OllieBeat

OllieBeat New Member

Friends who are mech engineers (play with their stuff) :)

I've used it more for fun than necessity (replacement bits of plastic in otherwise fine devices) and in a similar sort of situation to where my mind headed with the components for my computer-controlled christmas light controllers :)

If you can point me to a pic of the bit you were talking about (newbie vaper here) I could probably confirm if it would do the job you're after.

5. Teroneld

Teroneld New Member

Interesting :)

The bits I'm talking about are the white caps either end of the tank in the pic.

View attachment 652

6. masbei

masbei New Member

7. Braniac w/ no Brain

Braniac w/ no Brain New Member

If my googling for images is right you are after a cap that sits at the end with a narrower cyclinder extending into the tube with an o-ring sealing it all?

You could certainly make that, but I would think making one precise enough to seal tight enough not to cover you in e-juice would be all sorts of tricky.

One thing I can assure you from experience though is that you would have no end of fun trying!

EDIT: Remember you are talking about a bio-degradable product here. You'd also want to test how it holds up to e-juice....

8. pneuttott

pneuttott New Member

Definitely worth a try then :)

I already own one of these tanks and they are great.
    I just happen to have a bunch of CE2 clearomizers that are too short by about 5 mil to fit the tank, and I'd love to make good use of them as they
    are a pain to fill as designed (need to use a syringe).

buggy.