Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Do people care about health mostly when vaping?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by Hedonologist, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Hedonologist

Hedonologist Member

Device:
    PC
    Juice:
    n/a
    Smokers who switch to vaping, do they care most about health benefits?

As someone who never smoked more than 2 cigarettes a day, I really was not concerned about the effects of smoking on health, so for me it wasn't an issue at all.

2. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    Wismec
    Juice:
    Eros
    In my experience, that is correct, I myself switched after 22 years of smoking because I started to feel the effects of cigarettes on my health.

3. VapeValois1790

VapeValois1790 New Member

Device:
    VaporFi VOX TC
    Juice:
    VaporFi Grand Reserve Island Frost
    Most of my mates tell me how much cheaper it is over time. Me and mine are still pretty young so health doesn't figure into it for most of them (young and dumb still. haha).

So: Economics, mainly.

At least in my small corner of the globe.

4. Jade Cowan

Jade Cowan New Member

Device:
    Fuse Vaporiz
    Juice:
    Watermelon
    I have done it for cost and health benefits.
    Health benefits is that my doctor told me if I was to quit by the time I was 21 it would be like I never smoked and I've not long lost someone to lung cancer who smoked like a train so kind of put me off
    Cost wise is that vaping for me is so much cheaper than smoking cigarettes.

5. VapeValois1790

Device:
    VaporFi VOX TC
    Juice:
    @Jade: When did you start with cigarettes? You sound like you've started quite young.

6. Jade Cowan

Jade Cowan New Member

Device:
    Fuse Vaporiz
    Juice:
    Watermelon
    I started when I was 12. I'm 19 now and haven't long been stopped but it is a struggle with the people around me still smoking

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    The main reason I switched to gaping was because of the cost of buying cigarettes, and the health incentive was just a bonus.

Really you'd think it should be the other way round, but I did (and still do every now and again) enjoy smoking, it was just the prices I found ridiculous.

8. Pablo Diaz

Pablo Diaz Member

Device:
    Vaporfi Platinum Pro
    Juice:
    Vaporfi afternoon delight
    I think most people switch to vaping not only for the health benefits, but also because of the money saving that comes with it. It really is worth it. Some people spend $300 a month when smoking cigarettes, that's hard to reach when vaping.

pwarbi likes this.
  9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I think no matter what your reasons actually are, there's no denying the fact that vaping makes more sense than smoking cigarettes on every level.

What most people find hardest is initially making that first switch, but it soon becomes clear that when you do that you've made the right decision.

10. JenP

JenP New Member

Device:
    Apollo
    Juice:
    Menthol
    That is the main reason why I switched. I am a long time smoker and still smoke yulk! I just can't seem to find the right juice.

11. Lynk

Lynk Member

Device:
    Aspire Nautilis
    Juice:
    Mt. Baker Vapor Pineapple Peach
    I switched mainly for the health benefits. I was starting to get gum disease and I had some pretty painful dentist visits, eventually I had enough! I also was diagnosed with asthma shortly before I switched and I knew I needed to do more to protect my health. My doctors and dentists have been thrilled. Now I appreciate a lot more about vaping - I love the flavors, cost savings, and how much better they smell.

12. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    Well, for me, switching to vapes is certainly something I did for my health. The smoker's cough is relentless especially during cold nights, I can't sleep through the whole night because of it. Then there's that yellowing of the teeth which is not only unhealthy, it's also unattractive. My skin was also quite bad back when I was smoking cigarettes. And my gums! They're super dark and not pinkish at all.

Someone I know didn't necessarily switched to vaping. He actually isn't a smoker at all! He just got into vaping because of his friends. So in that sense, not all vapers are former smokers.

13. mooray

mooray Member

Device:
    eGo & EVOD.
    Juice:
    VG/PG
    I think vaping has less side effects if not any than smoking tobacco cigarettes,. So the answer is yes, they are concerned about their health.

14. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    Well I cared about health before I tasted the bananas foster. Then the fudgey stuff my friend had. Then the Strawberry waffles, the Lock Shock & Barrel, the mango citrus vanilla, etc. Come for the lungs, stay for the chance that some day you can eat a hot mustard pretzel but with your lungs :D

15. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I think most long term smokers find it hard to quit fully, even with the help of things like vaping, I know I certainly am.

The way I look at it though is that it's only because of vaping that I've managed to cut down drastically after trying nearly all the other stop smoking paraphernalia that's on the market in the past, so at least now I know I've found something that's helping and eventually I'll hopefully be able to quit fully in the near future.

16. oguh

oguh New Member

Device:
    Istick
    Juice:
    Five pawns
    I switched for the health effect but also for the smell. I got to a point where I couldn't stand the smell of the cigarette on everything. Now I feel much better on both of these aspects.

17. npatel2

npatel2 New Member

Device:
    Eiffel T1 165w
    Juice:
    Tiger Stripe from True Drips
    Yea for me the thing that made me switch over to vaping was not only the health benefits, but also the economic benefits. I was spending a ton of money every week buying dip and it was hurting my wallet and the more frequent trips to the dentist were also costing me a bunch out of pocket, so im really glad I made the switch.

18. JerPostr98

JerPostr98 New Member

Device:
    PC
    Juice:
    VapeWild E-juice
    I agree that when it comes to vaping, the main benefits are both cost and health related. Obviously, vaping can be seen as a good way to get off cigarettes and improve your health. It's also nice to put a break on your wallet so you aren't throwing all the money away you were before. The final reason that I switched to vaping was probably the smell.

19. Vaivata

Vaivata New Member

Device:
    Shopping around
    Juice:
    Shopping around
    I agree with most of the folks on here that by and large, most people vape for the health benefits. There is, as has been mentioned, the economic benefits as well. I think, though, that there is also a social aspect to it. A lot people who smoke regular cigarettes associate with others smokers, so it's nice to know you can still step out with them from time to time without the urge to break your resolve of not smoking.

20. VapeValois1790

Device:
    VaporFi VOX TC
    Juice:
    I see, that is quite early. Steel your resolve and keep on keepin' on. Maybe someday your steadfastness will inspire some of your friends to quit!