Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Diy mixing question

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by Rostislav Raykov, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Rostislav Raykov

Rostislav Raykov New Member

Hi all I was just wondering about flavour %. So far I've mixed 50/50 pg vg.if I go higher say 70/30 and I liked a certain flavour % at 50/50 would I have to decrease flavour percentage for a 70/30 mix? Also on the ejuice me up program does anyone input what base the flavour is? Thanks!

2. pittymaareya8839

pittymaareya8839 New Member

A higher PG to VG ratio will carry flavour better, but to what extent is up to the individual. Sorry, can't comment on EJMU

3. gnuhmazdcl

gnuhmazdcl New Member

Hey buddy how are ya thanks for the reply! I was just wondering be.comse some mixes I've done at 50/50 at a too high percentage have a kind of harsh/chemically taste but say Bavarian cream @ 15% tasted good. Since higher pg carries the flavour better could it make it taste chemically or will it just give it a stronger flavour, is basically what I'd like to know? In the program's you use do you input what kind of base the flavour is?

4. milcas

milcas New Member

In Ejuice me up I have all concentrates set on 100% PG as I think most concentrates are PG based. I don't think the ratio of PG to VG will make that big a difference to the taste, you will get a little bit more flavour using all PG & a slightly sweeter taste & slightly less flavour from all VG. It seems the chemical taste is from adding too much concentrate so it's best to start off adding smaller amounts of concentrate & if that is too weak a taste then add some more.

5. Dacia1300

Dacia1300 New Member

Thought that would probably be the case. I've also been setting the flavour base to 100% pg. thanks for your reply

6. alefftinka

alefftinka New Member

Joe a lot of concentrates are designed to enhance a main flavour rather than be a flavour on their own. Most of the creams and vanillas that I have played with had this role in a recipe. Are you starting from scratch or are you working off developed recipes.

One of the things I did when I was developing recipes is to mix flavours up by themselves in the ratio you want. Then you add them together in the amounts you want. So say I was doing a fruit salad. I would have 50ml each of apple, orange, lime (mixed at 15% concentrate in 70/30) then I would put 10mils of apple, 15mls of orange (sweet) 10mils of lime (sour) and maybe 5 mils of peppermint plus my nic 5mls.

When they are all seperate you can then adjust depending on taste. You might find the lime overpowering so cut that back and increase apple and orange. And so on.

7. rodger_1990

rodger_1990 New Member

At the moment I have been using your method and making singular flavours not mixed recipes and have just experimented a bit but mostly vaping single flavours, as I didn't buy concentrates for specific recipes. I just bought the flavours I thought I'd like. But I like your idea and I'll stick to that and just experiment a bit more with simple 2-3 flavour combinations. What are your favourite simple recipes?

8. julienvince

julienvince New Member

Is there a reason you don't mix the Nic into your single flavours?

9. <3333 me

<3333 me New Member

I don't like the taste of steeped nic. I use mints and menthols and nic tends to add to the metallic taste of them so I add it just before we vape it. Up to you how you do it but I never wasted nic in recipe development. It's the only ingredient that's hard to get quickly.

10. Lozza

Lozza New Member

I also understand creams and vanillas are usually part of a recipe and I used Bavarian cream and caramel to experiment but I like Bavarian cream on its own too :) tastes nice to me

11. Zippy

Zippy New Member

Only mentioned it be.comse you thought it was harsh and chemically.

The neat thing about DIY is your taste is unique and make whatever tastes nice to you.

12. LivinLife4MySavior

LivinLife4MySavior New Member

Ahh ok fair enough I didn't know steeped Nic changed flavour I thought steeping just changed the concentrates flavour. Nice tip!

13. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

I mixed candy blueberry at 15% and tasted a bit chemically yeh

14. Katie M

Katie M New Member

What would be some popular 2-3 flavour recipes that are non tobacco I like more fruit and bakery type flavours

15. Tonyfrode

Tonyfrode New Member

I am really bad at this. I only vape a narrow flavour range so I will handball to others with a wider palette

16. David

David New Member

Have you tried any of the t-juice or pinkspot concentrates. These are dessert and fruits. They are concentrates that have already been blended to a recipe and you just use 15% in your pg/VG /nic

Available at Vapeking and house of Vapes

17. Symnrurgy

Symnrurgy New Member

Haha no worries so you like mint menthol flavours do you have a fav recipe in that category?

18. mrggame

mrggame New Member

I vape mentholeucalyptus (preblended concentrate) capella cool mint, a summer mint recipe (peppermint, menthol, wintergreen and koolada)
    Hubby Vapes spearmint ice, ectocoola, and mentholeucalyptus.

19. bannatgoogletay5843

bannatgoogletay5843 New Member

Ahh ok that sounds good no I haven't tried them. I've only tried Capella and flavour apprentice was think to try juice factory concentrates next. What are your favourite concentrate companies?

20. maybe_baby

maybe_baby New Member

Ok nice I'd like to try those I didn't get any menthol minty type flavours for my first order