Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

DC tank mod

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by cabvafviask, Sep 10, 2015.

1. cabvafviask

cabvafviask New Member

After getting some DC cartos for the first time, I thought I'd have a go at a tank mod. The first 2 attempts leaked. I finally figured out that the syringe seal that I was using for the top seal was leaking air and letting the juice run out. I'd punched the hole using an attie barrel and whilst it was a snug fit the hole wasn't smooth enough. I even tried a smaller punch but same result. Strangely enough a No. 8 tap spindle O-ring which is an easy fit does the job nicely.

I used a 10ml luer-lok syringe but it would probably work with a non-luer syringe too. I cut the luer lock down to ~2mm in length and then drilled it out from the inside of the syringe barrel with a 9mm bit. The carto is slightly larger than this so I heated the end of the barrel and pushed the carto in from the inside. When filling use a condom on the connector end, fill and then slide the O-ring into place. The O-ring can be extracted using fine tweezers or a needle when time to refill.

Edit: If used and left standing upright the carto tends to go dry after a while. Seems the juice is pulling a vacuum in the tank as it tries to flow into the carto. Solution is to invert it occasionally so carto slots are exposed to the air in the tank to allow the pressure to normalise. Another slot in the carto just below the upper O-ring might also do the trick.
    [​IMG]