Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Customs Clearance Delay - Premixed with Nic

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by dickymint, Jan 2, 2016.

1. dickymint

dickymint New Member

Hi guys,

New vaper and new forums member here.

Completely new to the whole thing -especially the importation of premixes. I bought my Aspire SubOhm here in.coms and that arrived today (Yay!) but I am still waiting on my ejuice and was getting concerned with the messages that came up on tracking.

Basically I ordered a bunch of pre-mixes (with Nic) from Mt Baker Vapor and had them send it via Fedex to me here in Perth, WA. 4x30mL flavours (with 12mg nic just to start)

Well today was the day of estimated delivery and I get notified that my "Commercial Invoice is incomplete" - namely that "Description provided is insufficient to classify commodity."

Turns out it was the labelling of my free sample (5mL with no nic at all) that is the source of all this. Apparently, they didn't know what it was as MBV didn't write anything for flavour (they have corrected it since), it must have a value (even though I didn't pay for it) and that $1 is not "enough".

I contacted MBV they sent through an update list. I guess I just wait for it to clear now?

Has anyone else had these issues before?

Since this is the first time I am importing this stuff I confess myself a bit nervous that customs might take it :(

2. Klasinskik9

Klasinskik9 New Member

Yeah mate had this exact same issue week before last, using FedEx, from MBV, also contained a 5ml freebie.
    I emailed them twice before I sent the right one, the original email sent to me stating quite simply the order and values (and yes it did say free/$0 for the freebie).
    Seems like a huge deal the way they word it all, it's not though.
    If they have said it's all good (or you've had no contact from them in 2 working days) you should have it in a day or two, and don't expect them to let you know the day of delivery it just turns up.

This was my first issue also, and I've ordered a few times from MBV now. Not a stress, more frustrating, especially when the paper work they want is on the parcel if only they would just read it.

*And I should add it's more our lovely customs being the f'tards than anything else.

3. mmqueans

mmqueans New Member

Yeah I am not too familiar with Fedex and their terms yet, so it .comght me off a bit and I started getting worried.

Still a 5mL freebie bottle seems kinda petty to pull up really.

Ok then hopefully that should all be sorted soon then. It's kinda sad looking at a new dry and empty subohm. :(

Yeah I don't blame any of this on Fedex or MBV. I guess I just got the junior customs officers :/

4. riddick3580

riddick3580 New Member

Dont stress mate
    I had the same with my nic from MFS
    I rang fedex emailed my receipt from online
    They released the next day
    Dont know if i would use fedex again could have been a one off

5. Prisuctuarbut

Prisuctuarbut New Member

Yeah I am new to using Fedex. Normally go with DHL when importing stuff of the internet.

Not sure I want to use them again, although in theory I should be able to forewarn MBV next time and have them cover the issues from the start point which would mean no delays here.

6. jewwvzacfm

jewwvzacfm New Member

I used DHL on my first ever order from health cabin
    No dramas only they hand ball to.comst post when it hits perth