Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

converting the non believers - how many avf members introduce vaping to friends?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by tomtom21, Jan 24, 2016.

1. tomtom21

tomtom21 New Member

If so how many?

Ive recently coverted a few, feeling good about it.

Not to give out mother teresa awards or anything, but genuinely interested

2. Uchiha Itachi

Uchiha Itachi New Member

two, working on a third.
    I can't take the credit, the government tax is the biggest motivator.

3. thadome

thadome New Member

Yeah. My pal is on 45 bux a week. For 2 decks of winnie golds. I gave up when it hit 15 for 1

4. lAgustinaFergusonq

lAgustinaFergusonq New Member

One convert in two years, lots of failures. Given up proselytising now.

5. kariml

kariml New Member

Read my thread and you'll see why I'm probably quitting vaping and just going to smoke cigarettes. Ill never recommend it to anyone. It seems to be a money grab....jus being honest. As much as this community has ben great..vaping is just a costly aggravation.

6. Swepesesiamus

Swepesesiamus New Member

Kaypur, you pay $12 for a packet of smokes and we pay $25 for the same pack. That price will rise by 10% (I think?) every 3 months forever. You got it good there!

7. xoCircles

xoCircles New Member

I wouldnt say its a money grab kaypur. I mean if 2 decks a week at 45. 2 months was my break even point. Though i mix my own juice, i actually like the hit and flavour, plus you know that health thing so.

To each their own i guess

8. NaomiStee

NaomiStee New Member

Helping one mate at the moment and we're helping another friend to start. Haven't had to even say anything, they've just been interested especially as I was such a heavy smoker.

9. Apollo18

Apollo18 New Member

Correct! If anyone is confused and you're dealing with a Peter then hang that bloody phone up!

10. aitor9000

aitor9000 New Member

I still can't figure out you ECFL is the first vendor alot of people come across? There are a number of good vendors that show up first when googling for stuff like "ecigcomstralia".

11. basketball addict

basketball addict New Member

I have a feeling that they get a lot of referral and word of mouth business by unsuspecting noobs for various reasons. They're very accessible and as I mentioned earlier beginners need the nurturing so they don't know any better until they come across forums like this or people like us who take the time to help them out.

Just my thoughts though.

12. CaptainLG

CaptainLG New Member

I was converted, the only thing holding me back was my personality that requires the lastest and greatest tech all the time. Got me broke

13. smb

smb New Member

That's a cool idea.

14. loyagowroca

loyagowroca New Member

Not me I like 3.9 it seems to be my sweet spot. But I like building coils @1.4 ish. Don't want to subohm, don't see the point.

15. : )

: ) New Member

The other thing I use when I feel lazy is a subtank nano and I just change the cotton every now and then and soak the bare coils in pg if they look gungy and they last ages. They're simple, taste good and easy to maintain. I like not subohming, it cheap.

16. naci

naci New Member

Kind of converted my sister, she still smokes more than she vapes (I've given up trying almost)
    A few online friends who I play WoW with I have converted, purely through not shutting up about how good it is.
    and.. a guy from work

So.. lets call it 4.5 people
    2 (More tech oriented) I sent to the isticks with varying kanger tanks
    Other 2 ego twist with evod tanks
    My sister is on my old ego twist I started with, with my protanks and evod tanks

17. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

I had panic moments pretty often when I started vaping. I kept feeling that I had forgot my lighter. I'd do the mad pat down of my pockets and my heart rate would come up... then I'd realise I don't need it anymore.

18. riddifits

riddifits New Member

^^ I lol'd Northerner

For me it's also been very similar to a lot of you.. yet I took it one step further due to the amount of requests I was getting being one who played poker and DJ's out and about all the time. I decided to setup my own website with custom starter kits which I'd let those interested know about and refer others to. Just the Vision Spinner and Mini Protank 3's including everything they need to get started with a fact sheet including all the info on how the setup works and links to things like youtube for tutorials and sites to purchase juice and other items from.
    So throughout the last 9 months I've converted around 30+ people but I'd say the majority of them still smoke every now and then.
    Still as I've always said, if vaping stops you from smoking just a little bit, it's doing it's job. People must have there own goals and will decide to quit when they want to.

19. STEVEN

STEVEN New Member

Couldn't agree more. I'm fairly new to vaping, probably a good 5 weeks in now. Was probably smoking 15+ analogs per day when I picked up my vapo. Have been slowly edging off the stinkies, but am not totally off them yet. Still smoking maybe 2-3 a day...and as you said they are my "favorite cigs".
    One in the morning as I walk from the train station to the office, one when I finish work, and sometimes I'll have one after my meal. Not yet 100% free from the shackles of tobacco, but I'm getting there!

20. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    I am in a group of vapes actually. Well, they're the ones who converted me. Honestly, I haven't persuaded someone or anyone yet to switch to vaping mainly because I'm still new at this. But in due time, I'll influence all my smoking friends to try this out because it certainly is healthier. For now, I'm just getting all the information in and trying to understand all these terms and devices and whatnots. Lol.