Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Concentrates .. / .. Doublers ...are they the same?

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by amvhdnrwwclim, Oct 10, 2015.

1. amvhdnrwwclim

amvhdnrwwclim New Member

So far I haven't attempted any mixing myself but I have doublers and concentrates on order and already have 100mg PG nic and a bottle of VG ... do I treat concentrates same as doublers ? sorry if it seems a dumb question but don't have a clue ... :concern:

2. hBYJTGIdel

hBYJTGIdel New Member

Not a dumb question :)
    Doublers are essentially dilute concentrates, designed to be mixed 50/50 with unflavored nic to make juice at the strength desired for vaping.

Concentrates can be used anywhere from 1% to 20% with PG &/or VG & unflavored nic to make juice.

If all you have is 100mg/ml PG based nic, you will need some PG &/or VG to mix with it to dilute it to 2x the strength you want to vape it at, so that when you mix it with a doubler it will be the right strength in the juice(don't dilute the entire amount at once).
    To use with concentrates in a 10ml bottle, if you want say 18mg/ml juice, you'd use 1.8ml of 100mg/ml nic, concentrate (0.2ml - 2ml depending on the concentrate used) & PG 7/or VG to fill the rest of the bottle.

3. minijavking

minijavking New Member

^ ditto ^
    123456789 10

4. experrymync

experrymync New Member

As I understand it, doublers are a added to the same volume - i.e. 30ml PG/VG with nic or without to 30ml "doubler"

Concentrates are added at other percentages.. 5%, 10% etc depending on desired strength.

5. relswete

relswete New Member

To confuse things a little, anything that needs to be diluted for use is essentially a concentrate.

So a doubler is a concentrate that needs to be diluted in a 50% mix with something that is unflavored. It has double the flavor needed.

If your target is 18mg/ml juice, then 36mg/ml unflavored nic can be said to be a nicotine doubler(although we never do to save confusion). It has double the nicotine needed.

6. stoney1

stoney1 New Member

Thanks for explaining in a way that even this ol' biddy can comprehend :kiwi-fruit:

7. injekly

injekly New Member