Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Clearomizers

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by freecodew, Aug 27, 2015.

1. freecodew

freecodew New Member

I've got a question here and would appreciate any feedback...

What's the relationship between ohms and battery types?
    I've been looking at getting the royalsmoke cartomizer or clearomizer and want to know how does the ohm level affect vaping?
    I'm currently using the 510 mega battery and may start using the ego...

Cheers,
    Hobi1

2. Tientut

Tientut New Member

Hi Hobi1,
    I wrote up a bit tech stuff on the 510/eGo here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=531
    Basically the 510 range (510/eGo/Riva) work at 3.1 volts - the Joye atomisers at 2.2 ohms are a very good match for this voltage.
    In the RoyalSmokers range (CE2s, Clearomisers) the lowest resistance they do is 2.4-2.6 ohms - choose these.
    In regular cartos, Boge make the 510D LR, it is 2.0 ohms and is great on the eGo etc.

3. evangeline

evangeline New Member

Thanks for the tip, Mildew!

4. PennyTerr

PennyTerr New Member

Hey Hobie1,
    With my personal experience, I have tried the 2.4-2.6 Ohm ce2 clearomizers on a 510 mega which runs at 3.1-3.3 volts and would suggest them, though on my ego which has a larger variation of running voltage (depending on battery eg. mAh and charge%) the volts can be anywhere between 2.8 to 4.2+, I have tried both and suggest a 2.8 to 3.0 clearomizer for a smooth vape, but if you're looking for a "heavy hit" and a little more vapor feel free to use the 2.4-2.6 ohms (but not what I suggest for a short term vaper, as it can make it less enjoyable to vape for longer periods). One way to slightly get around this is button control.

5. herb7nation

herb7nation New Member

As a general rule stay between 2 & 3 ohms if you are using 3.7v or less (ego/510) for a good amount of vapor. If you are using a 510 battery dont go below 2.0 ohms as you are starting to get in to low resistance and that puts additional strain on your battery and will shorten its lifespan. You need above 500mah batteries (ego) to use low resistance.

6. Mogewhog

Mogewhog New Member

7. nruqqoyqpm

nruqqoyqpm New Member

8. yedeky123

yedeky123 New Member

Gotcha - thanks mick :)

9. BWHA

BWHA New Member

those numbers basically represent the type of thread for the ecig
    match the numbers for good times

they have adapters for almost everything last i checked but at times due to the size of adapters, it may .comse the product not to work

10. Jumppersss

Jumppersss New Member

510 mega and eG0 are both 3.2V regulated

11. AaronBRCG

AaronBRCG New Member

Oh man my play money is all spent this month thanks to a provari.

i guess i will wait for you guys to test and post back before ordering next month then :)

12. atanerd

atanerd New Member

Hey Stoney, that's correct with joye ego's and mega 510's. I have been dealing with suppliers and with non joye products this can vary. The vgo tends to be set at 3.7mAh and another ego manufacturer has the regulated voltage at 3.3mAh. I find a greater vapor production from my 3.7 vgo in comparison to my 3.2 ego when using the clearomizers. Cheers.

13. bajehnzpetrva6546

bajehnzpetrva6546 New Member

Yep some people prefer the not joye clones be.comse they get a bit higher voltage.