Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Cinnamon flavours are good for thinning

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by wabene, Dec 23, 2015.

1. wabene

wabene New Member

I've used cinnamon flavours with .comtion in the past be.comse they seem to make the ejuice flow much more easily. I recall reading a poster called Stoney on AVF saying he used cinnamon ejucies to "clean his coils".

They're almost like "ejuice thinners" as acetone is for paint. A couple of weeks ago, I went with 3% TFA Cinnamon Danish as the base note of my ejuice. For the first couple of days, the ejuice was spectacular, mixed with VZ Cream and TFA Deluche at 20% VG. But after a couple of days, the cinnamon took its toll, and the Boge carto began leaking through the middle. There was no way to stop the leaking no matter how I adjusted the tank's internal pressure. This was the same case when I used too much of straight TFA cinnamon flavour in my apple pie recipe.

I had a look at the TFA spec sheet, and it appears that either Benzy Alcohol or Cinnamyl alcohol and Cinnamaldehyde are the most likely culprits. They all have similar chemical structures with a benzene ring and a hydroxyl chain. These raw chemicals are completely miscible in alcoholic liquids like PG and VG.

I've decreased the % in my new cinnamon flavour recipe. Used at 1%, with higher VG (in this case I'm using 40%), cinnamon flavours can make a coil, including Boges, last far longer. Just the right amount can make an ejuice more fluidic, improving wicking. Too much however, and you'll make your ejuice too thin and flood your coil. They're still great to use, such as with Apple pie, or even coffees. The downside is that cinnamon flavours will always be a back note in every recipe.