Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Chinese quality

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by keerskoswahli, Jul 19, 2015.

1. keerskoswahli

keerskoswahli New Member

Thomasis and I were talking about this the other day and I figured I'd get some of your input as well.
    We've both decided with the quality of product they've been putting out lately, that if they come up with an original design, that isn't all sacked out, American mod makers better watch out! Even just the last year I've notice huge improvements in QC and fit and finish!
    Yes, I'm all for buying US gear, but I'm also a broke man, so if I can get the same result for $30-50 as I do for $200, sorry, that's a no brainer to me!
    What are your thoughts on this?

2. Imagination972

Imagination972 New Member

Your thread title just seems like a classic Oxymoron but I totally understand, they have really stepped up their game.

3. arrow

arrow New Member

Being one of the working poor, I love Chinese stuff, and have not had anything to complain about regarding the quality. Particularly when you are talking about metal tubes, or RBAs. Chinese juice?? well I've had the odd good one, but on the whole I prefer to DIY my own. :)

4. Schiller87

Schiller87 New Member

Yea, China Juice...Cَnglلi méiyا’u! ( "never ever" in Chinese ) :D

5. emaya1977

emaya1977 New Member

I bought some dekang when I first started vaping, as juice goes, it makes an awesome aphid killer for my rose bushes :) Dilute down to one part dekang, (flavour unimportant), to 10 parts water, and it makes a good pest killer, doesn't bother the worms either. I hate waste :)

6. steve99

steve99 New Member

received kayfun v2 last week. It does look good. Some of the mods are great. Price went up a little with the quality. If enough vapers buy worldwide the trend will continue.
    Only juice I'll buy is hangsen RY4. All the rest is DIY.

7. ethilaanind

ethilaanind New Member

I do buy hangsen concentrates, some are very good, never found a dekang juice I could vape though. I was showing my Dad a couple of the kayfun clones I got from FT, he's a metal machinist, (makes parts for old motorbikes), and he reckons the machining was pretty good, you could barely see the thread joins. I replaced all the screws on the original with ss ones, and have not had any problems whatsoever with these RBAs. Dad thinks he should go into mech mod making out of old harley bits and pieces :)

8. prnldr

prnldr New Member

I vaped Dekang DK Blend and Hangsen Menthol sensation for the first three months. Mix them in varying proportions too and it was ok to vape at the time but I wasn't aware of how much more I'd enjoy other flavours... It was easier in a way as I didn't have to think what to vape next, but not that much fun. :fun:It was probably mainly about nic delivery :cigar: It was good that I started at the bottom of the ladder though as it provided a good point of reference and being newly off the analogues I probably would not have appreciated better juices anyway. I was one of those people that initially searched for a tobacco replacement juice...

9. LeomaHnp

LeomaHnp New Member

Thats a good point, a lot of people want to try and replace the tobacco smoke flavour, (could never see the point myself), but I think once your taste buds start to recover from smoking, that people seek out nicer flavours. I never smoked for the flavour, except the odd cigar, but it was the nicotine that kept me on the stinkies. I was a bit spoiled when I first started vaping, as I got given some nice juice by an Olfella vaper that lives close by :)

Back on topic, I will be forever grateful to the Chinese guy Hon Lik, for coming up with the invention that allowed me to have a safer alternative to tobacco smoking :) I think the bad rap the Chinese manufacturers get is clouded by politics, but I see supporting Chinese workers as no different to supporting workers from anywhere in the world, we all need to make a living and feed our families :)

10. Betty

Betty New Member

Good point too :D. Smoking one brand can hardly be called smoking for flavour but then some brands tasted so awful that they would make me nauseous, so I guess it was more of a staple "diet" thing. So were you able to smoke just any ciggies and get the same satisfaction then?

Hope I am not derailing, but given the topic of this thread I can't resist:

[video=youtube;K6atKa8d3Sw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6atKa8d3Sw[/video]

11. Vegas Matt

Vegas Matt New Member

I agree with the fact that the products made in China will continue to improve but developing countries are not normally into designing good marketable products. I am old enough to remember being told not to buy Japanese and then Taiwanese made products and now both of those counties produce quality innovative products but no longer compete in the cheap end of the market. China is already producing quality products in certain areas but most are still designed and developed by non Chinese companies and then out sourced to Chinese manufacturers with the parent companies quality requirements.

I spent quite a few years in the bicycle industry and in that time saw the Chinese go from producing the worst quality bikes to some of the best in the market. Don't get me wrong if you go to the wrong factories in China you can still get a truly crap product but as more people are willing to pay a bit more than the bottom price for a item then the better quality will follow.

From what I have seen so far with vape gear it isn't that bad and the Kayfun that I have is very good considering how much I paid for it. From my experience with engineering/machining in Australia I could quite easily find companies that could not produce a Kayfun to the same level of finish as the one I have. That said I also know of a number of companies that could produce a better product but it would cost in excess of $500.00 as a one off job.

You hear a lot of people banging on about us loosing jobs to the Chinese products. This might be true in a small number of cases but most of those jobs were lost years ago to Japan, Taiwan and yes now China but at the end of the day we are the ones to blame. We are the ones as consumers that want cheaper products all of the time (a cheap bike is the same price or cheaper than it was 20 years ago) and we want higher wages for every one and this intern kills our manufacturing industries.

The other one that I hear all of the time is kids working in factories and people working for low wages. Yes some might be taken advantage of but so many are like us they want more than what they had before and so they work for what we think is a pathetic wage but they are still better off than they were before the factory employed them. The problem is you cant go back once a country starts down the industrial path the game changes. We all just forget what it was like in our own counties when we were a developing and we were part of the industrial gravy train.

Sorry about the rant. :)

I can say without a doubt that any mech mod that is produced can be manufactured in china to the same quality as the original and if enough people are willing to pay around half the price of the original it will happen.

Cheers
    Midlife

12. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

I agree to all that has been said here however, I wish that the Chinese quality control especially by agents that ship goods to us in Oz could be better I ordered this e-Pipe View attachment 1806 and when received the base was faulty where the battery is inserted. We spent numerous exchanges of correspondence with Health Cabin and in the end they agreed to send a replacement base by China Air Mail. Two or so weeks before I can use my e-pipe. I also bought this one from H.C. View attachment 1807 and it worked and still does fine but when I tried to order more clearo's for it ahem they do not sell them and I had to surf all over the net to find the buggers. One would think if you sell the product then at least you sell the backup cartos. It would seem that Support at H.C. did not know what they were talking about as eventually I did find them on their website under Cartomisers. Duh......:cry:

Ok I ordered 5 packets.

Huon

13. ski

ski New Member

this is fast becoming reality with all the 50w + designs coming out of china

sawlightstodamus the predictor

14. "LC" KNOWEN AS AIRFORC

"LC" KNOWEN AS AIRFORC New Member

there are many wonderful things coming out of China. 99.9 % of all the hardware we use is made in China. You are fooling yourself if you think your overpriced vape was made in America or whatever other posh country you care to name. Read thr product label. Designed in??? assembled in???
    E-liq. Com are famous for this deception.

Buy where ever you like and fly the star spangled banners by all means, but there is not one US or Australian vendor that I am aware of that can afford to assemble the hardware outside of the bamboo curtain if they can then the manufacturer is either using illegal immigrants labour or slavery has been reintroduced I the aforementioned countries.

15. mymnArome

mymnArome New Member

Did you have to mushy,now I'm gonna have that Monty Python tune going around in my head all night :)
    There cute and their cuddly and they come up to your knees :) Good ol Python

Sorry back on topic, love the Chinese gear. Also agree it does seem to be getting better .

16. RicavoVa

RicavoVa New Member

Yeah, everything we use comes from China. But I still prefer to use the top end products because I've tried a shitload of both and the cheap copies of Kanger and Joyetech products have proven to be false economy for me.

A load of dodgy ego batteries have died or been thrown in the box of doom because they were unreliable, but my ego C Twists are still going strong after more than a year.

Same with the cheap Evod copies I've had, in the crap box they went soon after they arrived for various disappointing reasons, while the authentic Evods are still going strong.

I don't buy the cheaper stuff anymore...waste of money to me.

17. RallundA

RallundA New Member

This has been posted a few times. The first time it took me days to get it out of my head. Almost did the chorus in my head now but stopped myself in the nick of time.

I like Chinese. Something I am about to purchase is a simple clone which costs 18 times less than the original. That's 18 times.

18. highflow

highflow New Member

same, cheap mechs are OK, but even they often need tweaking a bit. the low end chinese regulated stuff is woeful

but the chinese upper range stuff is getting really good

19. GinoHerring

GinoHerring New Member

Actually there are several, Provari being one of the most popular.

20. HopHoasypep

HopHoasypep New Member

I have used some chinese brands of e-cig, such as innokin, aspire, joyetech. chinese quality, what do you think about?