Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Cheap Woody

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by bachunhatrang, Aug 29, 2015.

1. bachunhatrang

bachunhatrang New Member

Cut the body for this from a piece of 19mm flooring timber and put a cavity in the center for the battery. Plastic side panels for the moment until I can find some suitable veneer. The mega mega clearo is an idea stolen from a youtube video I saw (my apologies to the original poster but I can't find the link again). It's made from a 10ml syringe and a CE2 clearo.
    View attachment 120
    What is different about this mod is the battery. It's using a 1700mAH cell from a 20C Lipo pack ($8 for 2 cell pack and these will deliver rated mAH at 34 Amps). The advantage is that there is virtually no voltage drop even with LR atomizers (0.05 volt drop with a 1.5 ohm attie). Most 18650s (except AW) will drop 0.2 to 0.4 volts or more with this load (http://http://lygte-info.dk/info/Batteries18650-2011%20UK.html). To charge it I wired a charger to a 510 attie connection, connect that to the woody and put a rubber band around the switch to compete the circuit so there's no need to open it.

2. alinavorobei

alinavorobei New Member

Fantastic work JIB - super impressed. What voltage does it run at and how is the vape?

3. clapycle

clapycle New Member

looks good jib might have a bash at making one.

4. Blondie B.

Blondie B. New Member

It starts off at 4.2V like most other Li-Ion batteries and produces heaps of vapour with a good throat hit from the standard resistance CE2 bits I'm using in the big clearo. I haven't managed to discharge this battery yet as even after a day of heavy use it was only down to 4.02 volts. As there is no low-voltage cut-off I've been keeping an eye on the voltage but looks like I'll be able get away with just charging each night as it's unlikely to fully drain in one day.

5. roberosshtolzey581

roberosshtolzey581 New Member

i think the video re the syringe mod was from shan burkholder on you tube. made one works really well

6. Joe S

Joe S New Member

Well my compliments to shan burkholder as it's a great mod. I've made 3 already as I happened to have some empty 10ml syringes here. Used a 5mm drill bit from inside to remove the luer tip and then an 8.2mm to ream the end tip out to suit the clearo connector. I think shan cut the tip off completely and used superglue to attach the clearo but I wasnt keen on using that.

7. Nisyawait

Nisyawait New Member

i'm not game to try anything , just putting the magnet in my reo and i drilled a hole straight through the door lol. But looks good.