Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Can i make a new coil on an old wick?

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by Happy Happy, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Happy Happy

Happy Happy New Member

I'm trying to fix the hot spots but having a bit of trouble getting it even again. Even though it was working fine for a couple of days, i wrapped it in the wrong direction and I think it's gonna be easier if i just make a new coil.

The smell of burnt metal is pretty strong and i feel like it's going to taint my juice, so should i make a new wick as well? Would love to just wrap a new coil if i can get away with it.

2. RosalindBv

RosalindBv New Member

SS wick? Then yep

3. KathyC

KathyC New Member

Yeh sorry, SS.

Would you recommend pulling it out, popping in a drill the same size and wrapping it around that or just straight onto the wick?

4. shibby

shibby New Member

Sorry SMU, I'll defer that to someone who uses them all the time ... I just know you can recoil them (I do on mine, but I treat them ... gennies ... as a hobby)

5. Alien

Alien New Member

Thanks GTA.

How long could i expect a SS wick to last for? How will i know its time to replace it?

6. GinoHerring

GinoHerring New Member

(GT) Months / weeks ... but I don't know how to tell, I don't believe I've worn one out ;)

7. TonyWithLove

TonyWithLove New Member

I usually just wrap the wick in a little bit of rollie paper and then wrap the coil as usual, specially if your setup was fine before.

8. funnyarmor

funnyarmor New Member

It goes crumbly or stops wicking I believe but have never worn one out (just bent them).

You can definitely recoil. If you're getting hot spots I'd consider giving the wick another heat through.

9. voillle

voillle New Member

Thanks, i tried another coil, wrapped it on a drill bit then replaced the wick back in. Seemed perfect from the get go, then went down hill when i filled the tank up.

Cant be ass'd tonight, will start from scratch tomorrow.