Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Burnt taste?

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by wawalila, Jan 9, 2016.

1. wawalila

wawalila New Member

Hi all,

I've recently upgraded to a Joyetech eGrip. Love it! But I'm getting a burnt taste when I vape. The coil that was in the vape when I got it was fine. Then I changed it (to the spare that came in the original box) and got a burnt taste very quickly so changed it after a few days (to one that I bought completely separately), and now, 24 hours later it tastes burnt.

Similarily, I had a similar experience with my old Kanger emow. So I'm beginning to think that it's not my vale, or coils, but rather my technique. I need to go back to Vaping 1.01! When I change the coils, I always screw them in as tightly as I comfortably can - is this right? When I use the vape, I push down the button, inhale, and release the button just after I've removed it from my mouth - right? Also, I only ever use it on a low setting. Any tips/suggestions? It's so frustrating. I don't really enjoy vaping when I taste this horrid burnt flavour.

Smoking was so much easier!

2. generic ambien online

generic ambien online New Member

Did you prime the coil after putting a fresh one?

3. grumbleweasel

grumbleweasel New Member

what watts?

4. timmo

timmo New Member

Just a thought? What was the resistance of your original coil and what is the resistance of your new coils?

5. allies (lol)

allies (lol) New Member

Watts to high .comsing the juice to burn or get an acrid taste - All juices are not the same , some need higher watts to make them taste good others taste burnt at higher watts.
    Watts to high and build not wicking sufficiently.
    Im not familiar with those particular devices but some devices just need lower watts. My goblin needs less watts than a dripper with the same build.

Kanger subtanks are good with lower watts using the OCC than say a lemo.

Push the button for a second first before vaping. Many reg mods can take a wee bit to get going , well except possibly the new sx mini.

Post your Ω and watts/volts your doing.

6. jcmsousa

jcmsousa New Member

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your input.

The coils are 1.5 ohm - the original was 1.5, and I bought 1.5 replacements.

The egrip has a wattage range from 8-20w, and I use it between 8-10w. The juice is from Mt Baker 50/50 mix.

Priming - is that a technical term for letting the juice soak in to the coil when you replace the coil? If so, when I replace the coil, I'll let it sit for about 5 mins letting the juice soak in.

Could chain vaping .comse my coil to run a bit dry?

7. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Member

Device:
    iTaste MVP 2.0 iClear 30
    Juice:
    Snake oil from Seduce Juice, pear/coconut/cream
    Plеаsе mаkе surе yоu fоllоw thе priming instruсtiоns bеfоrе using аn аtоmizеr fоr thе first timе. If yоu did nоt plеаsе dо sо nоw, it shоuld rеmоvе thе burnt tаstе frоm yоur аtоmizеr.

Vаpеd it dry.

Tо fix this yоu shоuld just bе аblе tо аdd mоrе еliquid tо thе аtоmizеr. If аdding mоrе еliquid dоеs nоt hеlp yоu will nееd tо сlеаn thе аtоmizеr. Plеаsе fоllоw thеsе stеps: Сlеаning yоur Аtоmizеr.

8. GamerLady

GamerLady Member

Device:
    Kanger Subox Mini, Tesla Two Submod
    Juice:
    Hi JC,

"Priming" basically means that you are putting juice on the wick when you change out your atty. There should be holes on the sides of the atomizer where you see the white wick. Put one or two drops on each of those holes, assemble the tank, fill the tank if it's empty, then let it sit for about 5 minutes. You should be good to go after that.

It might be that you are vaping faster than the wick can get the juice to the coil. Set it down for a few minutes when you notice that you are chain vaping, or you get a slight burnt taste.

Here's a video that shows how to clean the egrip atomizer head. https://shutupandvape562.wordpress.com/2015/04/08/how-to-clean-your-egrip/

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. It's a learning experience and sometimes the manuals aren't good at explaining things.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  9. tgthewriter1

tgthewriter1 Member

Device:
    sr-elit
    Juice:
    tobacco
    I tend have a burnt tastes when I smoke e-cigs. I do not know the cause of the burnt taste. But, I hate feeling of burnt taste which makes you go back to the vape store in order to to get a replacement. The burnt taste can be fixed. So, go the vape store and find someone that can fix the problem.

10. Sirvapealot

Sirvapealot Member

Device:
    Flowermate Pro
    Juice:
    Gummy Bear
    Lower the watts. That's the worst. Burning taste of juice, and the harsh inhalation. Definitely a problem with either the power you have it on or your coil.