Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Broke my Provari

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by laini, Sep 1, 2015.

1. laini

laini New Member

Hi all,
    I'm not really new to vaping but I am not very knowledgeable about it either.
    I have been using a Provari for nearly two years and have been very happy with it so I have not worried about keeping up with all the latest trends and gadgets.
    Sadly, my beloved Provari's button has failed and I'm not sure what to do.
    I think sending it away to be repaired may not be worth the trouble and expense if I have to send it to the U.S.
    I wonder if anyone would have any suggestions about what would be a good replacement for it.
    Perhaps it's time to try something new but I really have no idea what would be best.
    I have been quite happy with what I have using, a tank and punched cartomizers. Hope I got that right.
    Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. illulky

illulky New Member

great excuse to purchase a new piece. The money saved from ciggies can justify that alone.
    I got an innokin taste 134 mini--not exactly something you wanna take out but i would recommend it.
    Haven't started into mechanical mods so at the moment cannot comment about those.

3. baolaupitty2907

baolaupitty2907 New Member

:big.comgh: Sorry dude, the 134 does not compare to a provari.

- - -
    To the Op

Firstly, does it just need a clean? When you say the button has failed, has it broken of just fails to switch it on. Also check the batteries to make sure they haven't died completely.

It may still be cheaper to have it repaired by provape if it is a repair job. See if others need to send in for repairs and split the cost of freight. As it is a 2yo device, provape would also upgrade it to a 2.5

4. canterbury10

canterbury10 New Member

Hi,
    Definitely broken I'm sad to say.
    It does still work but the button does not spring back after being pushed down so eventually it's going to get stuck down and completely fail.
    Considering the cost of these things and the quality of it, it may well be best to have it repaired.
    I thought perhaps there may be something similar available at a lower cost than having this one fixed but if the alternatives are cheap and nasty I would definitely do all I can to save this one instead.
    I guess that's the million dollar question.
    Is there a good alternative or is staying with the Provari the best way to go?

5. Vesta

Vesta New Member

If you are going to replace the provari, I would replace it with another provari.

If you're in Sydney, drop in to Steam e-cigs. I think they have organised a group repair before (not 100% sure if they have but worth chatting to them anyway)

6. mymnArome

mymnArome New Member

+1 replace it with another provari. If you've found exactly what works for you, and what you're happy with, then you're lucky :)

You could quite easily spend heaps, try a lot of different mods and atties, and still come back to a provari and carto tank.