Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

"Big Tobacco" against vaping?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by epaultspm, Apr 16, 2016.

1. epaultspm

epaultspm Member

Device:
    Aspire K3
    Juice:
    Green Apple
    I know "Big Tobacco" has a lot to monetarily gain from impeding the acceptance of vaping, I have heard this repeated over and over again from various forms of media, but not anything recently (this year). Has something changed that I haven't noticed?

2. Okaviator

Okaviator Member

Device:
    Joyetech
    Juice:
    Lemon
    I have never heard about this. What is Big Tabcacco anyways?

3. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel
    Juice:
    Pineapple
    I have heard about it but I do not really knowwhat it is exactly, however I would like to know what it is as well.

4. Destinyosbourne

Destinyosbourne Member

Device:
    Box Mod
    Juice:
    Cappuccino
    Big Tobacco is the large multi billion dollar tobacco companies who become the richest people in the world by killing their customers. The same way everyone hates big pharma. Which is the multi billion dollar pharmaceutical companies who get rich charging terminally ill people absurd amounts of money to stay alive.

Stopcigarettes likes this.
  5. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    Nothing had changed so far, at least from my knowledge and perspective, anyway maybe tobacco companies have realized that they can't stop the wave, as more and more people will continue to switch from smoking to vaping, for several reasons from money economy to health benefits, I think that tobacco companies will also start to switch and try to produce lots of vaping devices, and even invest in its development.

6. epaultspm

epaultspm Member

Device:
    Aspire K3
    Juice:
    Green Apple
    Yeah, you would think that would be their next logical step, but not one tobacco company has said anything about releasing a vaping product. There is a huge growing market (7bn as of 2015), and not one of them has made any effort to cash in on it. They're not stupid so it just doesn't make sense to me.

7. elatedmist

elatedmist Member

Device:
    Ranger SUBVOD
    Juice:
    Chocolate, Orange Crush
    Is a "to adapt or disappear" Market. If they are selling less cigarettes than previous decades. The most healthy step is to stop any ridiculous lobby campaign to linger in business doing the same and accept the changes.

8. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    I haven't heard anything out in the open, but there are certainly things happening behind the scenes. You can bet your bottom dollar the tobacco lobby is handing out plenty of checks around the capitol to create legislation regulating vaping. My guess is that they will try to halt the vape business in it's tracks, but eventually they will jump on board and start creating there own e-cigs.

9. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    The problem is that while cigarette use is decreasing in the western world, other areas in the world are increasing there usage. Smoking rates in Asia where there are billions of people are increasing. Unfortunately, this means Big Tobacco is here to stay for the foreseeable future.

10. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    Big Tobacco is just a pejorative term for the Tobacco industry. I guess it's sort of a way to describe as the big bad bully. The tobacco industry is a multi-billion dollar industry with huge influence in Washington DC.

11. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    I think they just make so much money off tobacco, they just don't see any reason to change the status quo. While vaping is increasingly becoming more popular, there are countries where it is non-existent and smoking cigarettes is on the rise. They probably just don't see any reason to get into vaping right now, which is a relatively tiny market.

12. ShawnG

ShawnG New Member

Device:
    iTaste SVD 2.0
    Juice:
    G-Men
    I'm sure they are against it. I was a 2 pack a day smoker before I switched to vaping 5 years ago. They are losing a lot of money because of it but these companies know there isn't much that can be done about it. Even if they made vaping heavily regulated, creating juice yourself is fairly simply and fairly cheap so we'd be able to produce it for personal consumption easily. You can't do that with tobacco, growing that is difficult and getting it to a cigarette smoking level is even harder. I think tobacco companies just have to realize that people change, our perspectives for paying for that little high nicotine gives us is changing.

13. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    It's not just big tobacco, it's tobacco. It's a thing, it's alive, people grow it and want it. Can't stop it, can only direct it. Big tobacco are just the people puppeteering the profits

14. Sirvapealot

Sirvapealot Member

Device:
    Flowermate Pro
    Juice:
    Gummy Bear
    These major tobacco corporations should be afraid of the Vaping industry. Anything that will take away from their bottom line. I'm sure though they'll eventually hop on board, and try to monopolize the market.

15. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    What are you talking about? I know for sure that there are Marlboro juices out on the market, also, you have no idea how a vaping devices producing company is actually owned by a giant tobacco retailer, which has kept the link secret for obvious reasons.

16. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    That is true, but it is also true that these companies put over 2000 different chemicals into there cigarettes. Many of these chemicals have the sole purpose to making cigarettes more addictive. They are doing far more than just playing the seller.

17. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    Nice explanation. :)
    That is exactly what they do.