Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Be on the look out...The Kick by Evolv

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by ChristyH, Apr 9, 2015.

1. ChristyH

ChristyH Guest

A few of us here have seen the video over at Vaportrails tv about the "Darwin on a Disk" or "The Kick."

Basically this thing can take any 18650 mod and give you the same functionallity of the Darwin.

There is little documentation right now so I thought I would start this thread where once anyone finds links to info it can be posted here.

Also if it is just a rumor that you have heard please state that in the beginning of you posts. That might help keep confusion to a minimum.

Let the search begin!!!!!!!

2. BlaireH

BlaireH Guest

I tried the contact us at Evolv, but I have not heard anything yet.

3. ChristK

ChristK Guest

Thank you Inq!! Please keep us posted here in this thread. I just know this is gonna be a game changer for sure!

4. DamonA

DamonA Guest

I just got this relpy.

"Hi William,
    We hope to have some quantity of production Kicks available in a couple of weeks. Thanks for your kind words.

Brandon
    Evolv, LLC "

Sounds like I will have a variable watt SSGGTS by November! :)

5. Lukee

Lukee Guest

Yeah me too. I am kinda excited. I still would like to know more about it though.

If this is a set the watts and forget it then I am going to be ordering as soon as I can.

6. mchellfiya

mchellfiya Guest

Awesome! I had no idea that they were going to be available that soon. EXCITED!!!

7. JuneMas

JuneMas Guest

I've been trying to find a pic, Rip, but the only one I've seen has been imbedded in that video. Sorry, bro. As far as how it works, it's a drop in with a spring-loaded pin coming out the side so it can make a ground connection. It's 25mm tall, so that it'll work in 18650 tube mods with an 18500 battery. It's got a small trimpot on the bottom to adjust the wattage, and the trimpot is numbered so you don't need a MM on it to adjust.

8. oliviaE

oliviaE Guest

Jeez, Chaos, that's all I was asking, thanks so much.:)

I am generally ignored at VF (I'm a nice midwesterner, chum to them!!!:D) like I was in chat during Kev's show last night except for ProudPapa...sigh.......am i that annoying? I know I can be a whiner......

9. kenzington

kenzington Guest

OH, I am going to have a selfish D-bag moment here. Can we not post this up on the GG section at ECF till after we have a chance at buying 1 or 2? Those guys are like sharks in chummed waters with anything new they can add to their GG's.

10. renee

renee Guest

I'm thinking Evolv has a pretty massive PCB manufacturing capability. It's the cases that have always held up Darwin production. I hope that this won't be that difficult to get our hands on.

That being said, there's no fucking way I'm posting this on the GG forum until I know that I can get my hands on one.

11. So is N-Haler going to carry these or someplace else? :confused: Not that I'm very good at searching, but I can't find the Evolv site.

12. shami

shami Guest

Evolvapor.com is their site. They don't have any kind of exclusive deal with nHaler. AAMOF when I sat down and talked to Brandon in January he said that nHaler was only their launch partner, and that it would be available to other retailers within three months. Looks like that didn't happen. That being said Evolv would be stupid to limit themselves to one vendor. Anyone that sells an 18650 tube mod should list these on their site.

13. I completely agree! Thanks, man! :)

14. snowmafo

snowmafo Guest

I really hope these are not going to be sold exclusively through nHaler. I have never bought anything from Drew, and I do not plan on it. The last thing I want is to support that asshole's business.

15. checkacheez

checkacheez Guest

So frigin' excited!!! Must spend money on more mods and accessories ... The wallet keeps going towards the light...

Me want!!!

16. I went to that site hoping to get any information but sadly there was none. If all the information that I read was true, I will be definitely eager to buy a number of them

17. KristyLee

KristyLee Guest

OK it is settled, we do not speak of this in the GG forum in Nazitown and Skorne is gonna buy us all a pair of them.

If we use a 510or 801 on the GGTS will we have enough room for the KICK or will we need a shorter modified center pin?

I really do not want to go and get 18500s

18. BennBJBear

BennBJBear Guest

I have been looking for something similar to this since I was first introduced to high voltage

19. Rooster

Rooster Guest

Thus my bitching -- I couldn't find shit anywhere!!!:evil::evil:

Isn't that why it telescopes? :D:D:DEven if it adds a little, one extension tube should cover it.:cool:

I just looked at the new extended smiley list -- why/what is 'hannibal' for????:hannibal::crazy::clown::detective::indian:

20. I got bored and added them back a couple weeks ago, most of them have little to no purpose but they are fun