Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

battery and cartimizer question...

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by PyroGentalia, Oct 5, 2015.

1. PyroGentalia

PyroGentalia New Member

Hi, just starting my second attempt at vaping.

I have some lithium.comtomatic batteries (808 thread -.comtomatic be.comse replicating a cigg is what I need as I found the button types remind me it's not a real cigarette) I bought from a US vendor, and I'm planning to get some kr808 carts here in canada.
    I know this may sound like a stupid question but thought safer to ask anyway, does the battery or the cartimizer determine the heat of the vapour?
    This is mainly as I wanted to know is the thread type the only thing to worry about or would the battery be too strong for the carts?

the batteries I'm using are here: EC smokes 2 pack battery deal

and the carts I plan to get are :

Resistance: 2.6 ohm
    Capacity: 1.1ml
    Length: 35.5mm
    Diameter: 9.2mm

Thanks for any help.

2. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

Both things will affect the heat of the vapour.
    With those batteries, being to strong for your cartomisers will be the very least of your worries, OR, that feeble little battery will struggle to the coil in the carto very warm on a good day.
    That said, they aren't very expensive so try them.

3. Tugcay89

Tugcay89 New Member

The heat of the vapour depends on several things. The length of the atomizer (longer = cooler) and the surface area of the wire in the atomizer being two of the major ones.

A battery such as the one shown will give a fixed voltage. Combined with a cartomizer you'll get a fixed amount of heat out of it.

Without knowing the voltage output of that particular battery it's hard to know for sure, but with a 2.6 ohm atomizer it's unlikely to be too much power.

It's a pity you need the.comtomatic fire-on-inhale, as there are a lot better atomizer and battery combinations available now.

4. Todd Heminger Jr.

Todd Heminger Jr. New Member

thanks guys for the info, gave me a better understanding, will give a whirl on friday and see how it goes.

yeah I just found on my first try the 510 bodge carts weren't that great or the manual 510 battery I had wasn't that strong (hard to get vapor out of and button was breaking the illusion as I wanted a tool to help me at least reduce my tobacco intake), and the ego kit I bought had some dodgy batteries
    and the flavor was never really constant nor the vapor and the coils... meh. so with all the money spent trying to at least do something proactive I ended up at square one. I did recently remember that the.comto batteries I got in a separate starter kit did produce a lot of vapor (the ones I mentioned above - although the carts that came with it where way to strong for me so had to chuck them) so I thought if I just got some 808 carts I might have a better chance, but didn't want to burn my self if they where not compatible.

oh well fingers crossed on this one, thanks again.

5. or7iud53

or7iud53 New Member

Just a follow up. Turned out the batteries I had (old ec-smokes ones) are way too powerful, the kangar 808 case burnt my lip after 2 puffs. luckily I was able to get an 808.comtomatic battery that was compatable from jw and loving it especially with the new flavor i tried.I might just make it this time. I think I'll wait a little while before i try nic mixes till I'm not as clumsy at filling the carts etc... but this will do the trick in helping my cut down the ciggs, yay for round 2 fingers crossed!

6. Omer

Omer New Member

Go mate. You will get there.