Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

aussie nicotine laws/importing

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by darek6, Dec 1, 2015.

1. darek6

darek6 New Member

so we have just ordered all our kits, hardware and eliquids from the states from 4 different vendors and i am terrified that we will get our asses pulled into customs for bringing to much eliquid. i know that you can only have a 3 month supply, but what is a 3 month supply? overall we have 240ml coming in from the states which would be 120ml per person. i worked out roughly we would need 15ml per week which puts us way under what a 3 month supply would be, but i cant seem to find a number that states the legal amount you can have.

anyway i just wanted to know previous peoples experiences and whether or not they have had troubles with customs and what you would consider a 3 month supply

ps. we are in WA

:)

2. binnahot

binnahot New Member

I've never heard of anyone having problems with customs. I'm not saying it's never happened but only that I've never heard of it.
    Honestly... I think with hard drugs and other illegal items to worry about they have "bigger fish to fry" right now. Not to mention the recent developments in the Middle East.

And being in WA shouldn't make a difference at this stage.

3. jim h

jim h New Member

Just chill! it will be all ok. There is a lot of paranoia out there regarding this stuff. Many members here have recently imported a litre of 100mg nicotine without any issues so I would imagine that your supply will not be a problem at all.

cheers

4. vefidly

vefidly New Member

I received 1 litre of nicotine last week, no problem with customs, don't think they even touched it.

5. Aries1969

Aries1969 New Member

awesome thanks so much for your quick replies! The laws are very foggy, silly politicians!

6. the man 505

the man 505 New Member

Yeah I had no worries importing ~2.5L a few months back, customs had a nice look through the packaging and broke the safety seals on some of the bottles though, you'll be fine.

7. ValtbulkRooto

ValtbulkRooto New Member

There really is no 3 Month supply law - 2 liters 100mg nic was no problem at all....

8. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

There is a 3 month personal supply law. But I am guessing it is just to sway the possibility of huge quantities being imported for retail purposes, and not just to limit the individual.

9. clousia

clousia New Member

Are you sure?
    I have heard it mentioned a lot (mostly on vendor sites) but have yet to find where this law is detailed

Happy to be wrong, would just like to know where I can get the details.

10. AlishaMic

AlishaMic New Member

Do you have a source on that? When I researched this last, all I found were laws preventing importation of more than 3 months supply of any goods marked as therapeutic, which nicotine is not (at least in my experience)

11. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

So having a look at this a bit deeper, the Assumption is that THIS Personal Importation Scheme applies.
    Yet from Customs we have this letter (found HERE - worth taking a look as it has links to the various state legislation that may apply)

So it think that the answer is the DoHA have the personal importation scheme which according to Customs interpretation does not cover nicotine as " the Department does not consider an import control is warranted in the short term "

So no 3 month supply law.
    (But there may be other state legislation that could limit or even prohibit nicotine importation)
    But as I said - I have imported 2 liters of nic in a single delivery with no problems at all....

12. PEPE76

PEPE76 New Member

skoville beat me to it :topsy_turvy:

13. folder

folder New Member

14. seawhat

seawhat New Member

No there's not... That's based on the TGA Therapeutic Goods Importation scheme. The TGA have outright said, Nicotine does not fall into this category.

15. Atronse

Atronse New Member

"The relative freedom which we enjoy depends on public opinion. The law is no protection. Governments make laws, but whether they are carried out, and how the police behave, depends on the general temper in the country." - George Orwell

16. ApetteNog

ApetteNog New Member

Yes, can someone tell me what constitutes 3 months supply? 1 litre, 5 litres....??

17. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

There's no definition of "3 months supply" be.comse there is no such restriction.

18. Brymom02

Brymom02 New Member

There is no set quantity of what that is, enjoy the fact that we are currently living in a little unregulated loophole at the moment. BUT use your best judgement in that ordering something like a 4 gallon drum of something with a giant POISON sticker on it may have the potential to bother whoever is handling that shipment in customs. In our world it only takes one knucklehad's brazen arrogance in the face of a government department or law enforcement to potentially fark it up for everyone else. Like an entire state for example. Quote me on that if you like.

19. gintzer

gintzer New Member

The customs site itself is probably the best source of information - Alcohol/Cig/Tobacco2.

You're best off reading the whole lot, but here's a short extract (my emphasis):

20. Bananaz!!

Bananaz!! New Member

Not what I asked.

The three month supply thing has been bandied about since I've been here. I just wanted to know how much that actually was?