Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Augvape merlin nano review

Discussion in 'Vape Reviews' started by wiz4vape, Jan 13, 2020.

1. wiz4vape

wiz4vape Member

Device:
    Aegis and zeus
    Juice:
    Heisenberg
    I received merlin nano from sourcemore for the purpose of this review:

Augvape merlin nano colors:

- Black
    - Matte black
    - Gunmetal
    - Silver
    - Matte silver

[​IMG]

Specifications:

- Size: 18mm*55.8mm ( Optional 22mm Beauty Ring)
    - E-juice capacity: 2ml/3.5ml (PCTG Bubble Capacity)
    - Adjustable Airflow Inserts: 1mm /1.2mm Airflow Hole / 1mm Dual Airflow Holes

In the box:

- Augvape Merlin Nano RTA
    - 22mm Beauty Ring
    - 3.5ml Bubble PCTG
    - Bag Accessories (O-rings, Screws)
    - Screwdriver
    - Usual Manual
    - Premade Kanthal Coil
    - Premade Nichrome Coil
    - 3 x Airhole Inserts

[​IMG]

Merlin nano is atomizer for mtl vaping and this atomizer is 18mm in diameter. It comes in a very nice package, in the box you will receive a beauty ring, you will also receive bubble tank, two coils and 3 different airflow inserts.
    Atomizer comes in 5 different colors which is nice. You can see some details on the atomizer, on the chimney you can see logo engraved, on the atomizer you can see "Merlin nano" and from the bottom of the atomizer you can see "Merlin nano by Augvape". Build quality of this atomizer is really good, everything is as it should be.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

With this atomizer you will receive one drip tip. Drip tip that comes in the package is 510 drip tip and this drip tip stays really nice in the place. On this atomizer you can use any other 510 drip tip without any problems. Drip tip that comes preinstalled is comfortable for mtl vaping.

[​IMG]

This is a bottom fill atomizer and personally I don't mind it and in my opinion this is not a con for sure. To fill this tank you need to unscrew the base and when you take off the base you can see two fill slots and you can fill this atomizer with any bottle which is really nice. With this atomizer you will receive two tanks, one is a regular glass tank, capacity of this tank is 2ml and the other one is a bubble tank and capacity of this tank is 3.5ml. Considering that this atomizer is 18mm in diameter I think that 2ml capacity is good capacity, but if you want more capacity you can use the bubble tank. The look of bubble tank is not great but still it is good that they included a bubble tank in the package.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On this atomizer we don't have airflow control ring, airflow comes through gap between the base and top part of the atomizer and then goes under the coil. In the package you will receive 3 different airflow inserts and using the inserts you can change the airflow. On each insert you can see one o ring that holds the insert in the place, insert is a bit loose in there but still I didn't have any problems, just make sure to press it in very nice. Changing the inserts is pretty much easy and you can do it really fast, but still you can't change the insert without taking out the coil which will be a con to someone.
    So, you will receive 3 inserts in the package:

- Insert with one hole, 1mm
    - Insert with one hole, 1.2mm
    - Insert with two holes, each 1mm

The chamber on this atomizer is very small and it has conical shape which is really good for flavor. From the outside of the chamber you can see two pieces that goes in the slots on the base and that way chamber stays in the place and I can say that chamber stays really nice in the place.
    On the base you can see two screws that holds the coil leads and screws are good. Building on this atomizer is very easy and when you are placing the coil here you can place your tool on the airflow insert and that way you will position your coil perfectly. Wicking here is also very easy, you just need to put your cotton down as I did on the picture and after that just put the chamber back on the base.
    In case that you don't have wire, in the package you will receive two premade coils which is really great, one is a kanthal coil and resistance of the coil is 1ohm, the other coil is nichrome coil and resitance of this coil is 0.6ohm.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How this atomizer works and my thoughts:

So, merlin nano is a very well built atomizer, build quality of the atomizer is really good. Atomizer comes in 5 different colors which is nice. Considering that this atomizer is small in diameter in the package you will receve a beauty ring and with that ring it will look better on some mods. I think that capacity of 2ml for this atomizer is good capacity with regular glass tank, but if you want more capacity you can always use bubble tank with 3.5ml capacity. This is a bottom fill atomizer and I don't mind it, you can fill it really fast with any bottle without any problems. On this atomizer we don't have the airflow control ring which is okay for me because once you find airflow insert that works for you, you will probably never change it. With insert that has the smallest hole you can have really restrictive draw and if you like restrictive mtl vape, you will enjoy with this one. Personally I really like to use 1.2mm airflow insert here. Building on this rta is very easy and I belive you will have no problems and if you don't have wire, in the package you will get two coils that you can use which is really nice.
    On this atomizer I like to use 2mm kanthal coil and considering the construction of the atomizer and size of the chamber I can say that it works really good and flavor is very intense.
    So, in my opinion merlin nano is one very good atomizer, it works really good, if you like the design of the atomizer and you want to buy it I can tell you that you will not make a mistake, cause it works really good, it is simple to use and build quality of this atomizer is great.

Cons:

- To change the airflow insert you need to take off the coil

Pros:

- Build quality of the atomizer is good
    - Coils in the package
    - Beauty ring in the package
    - Bubble tank in the package
    - 3 airflow inserts
    - Easy to change the inserts (when coil is not inside)
    - Airflow can be really tight
    - Small chamber with conical shape
    - Very good flavor
    - Good drip tip for mtl vaping
    - No leaking
    - Color options
    - It is easy to use and it works really good

Thanks sourcemore
    You can buy it here: Merlin nano