Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Augvape BTFC rda review

Discussion in 'Vape Reviews' started by wiz4vape, Nov 25, 2018.

1. wiz4vape

wiz4vape Member

Device:
    Aegis and zeus
    Juice:
    Heisenberg
    I received BTFC RDA from Augvape for the purpose of this review.

BTFC rda comes in few different colors:

- Gunmetal
    - Stainless steel
    - Black
    - Rainbow

[​IMG]

Specification and features:

- Diameter: 25mm
    - Height: 33mm
    - Top and bottom double airflow system
    - Deep juice well
    - Material: 304 SS
    - Derlin Drip Tip & Frosted Long Drip Tip
    - Super Easy to build

In the box:

- BTFC RDA
    - 810 Drip Tip
    - Allen Key
    - Bag Accessories

[​IMG]

The Augvape BTFC 25mm BF RDA is made in collaboration with VapnFagan. Btfc rda is 25mm in diameter, height of this rda is 33mm without drip tip. Atomizer is made out of stainless steel and you can buy it in 4 different colors, gunmetal, stainless steel, black, rainbow. I received it in black color. Build quality is very good and there is nothing that I can complain about build quality. On the atomizer you can see engraved "BTFC", from the bottom of the rda you can see engraved "By augvape and VapnFagan", also from the bottom you can see good threads and protruding 510 gold plated pin. BTFC rda stands for bottom top flavor clouds and I can tell you now that this name makes sense, trust me. This is a little bit different rda than what we used to see every day because it has top airflow slots, but later I will write more about airflow and how it works. BTFC rda is dual coil rda, but you can also use it in single coil configuration if you want.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let me start from the top of the rda. Btfc rda comes with pre installed 810 drip tip and in the package you will also receive one more drip tip. Drip tip that comes pre installed is comfortable for using, inner diameter of the hole is 14mm, height of the drip tip is only 6mm, personally I like wide bore drip tips on my dripers so in my opinion this one is perfect for me. In the package you will receive one more drip tip and this one has different shape and you can use it in case that you don't like the drip tip that comes pre installed, as I said, I like to use black drip tip that comes pre installed. In case that you don't want to use any of the drip tips from the package you can use any other 810 drip tip on this rda without any problems.

[​IMG]

On this rda the top cap and chamber are two separate pieces, on the top cap you can see two airflow slots, one hole on each side. If you look inside of the top cap you can see nice conical shape which is always good because it improves flavor. On the top of the chamber you can see two airflow holes on each side.
    So, top airflow on btfc rda you can adjust by spinning the top cap and you can use two holes opened on each side or you can use one hole opened on each side , also if you like you can completly close the top airflow and use only bottom airflow on this rda. What you adjust on one side it will be the same on the another side and you can't randomly move the top cap which is good. Top cap has one o ring that holds the top cap in the chamber and it is not hard to adjust the top airflow, but we have first little con here, on the top cap there is nothing engraved to make the airflow adjustment even easier, but as I said you can adjust airflow pretty much easy even without engravings. Slots on the top of the rda are not placed at angle so air from the top won't hit the coils, slots are here to so you can vape at high power and because of top airflow slots vapor won't be very hot and you will be able to produce big clouds, more about this I will write later. On the bottom of the chamber you can see two airflow holes and on the base you can see two o rings that holds the chamber. You can adjust bottom airflow without any problems, o rings has right amount of tension and you can't randomly move the chamber, what you adjust on one side it will be the same on the another side. There is no stopper here so this can be a con to someone, it would be bettrer that here we have a stopper which would help with unscrewing the rda from the mod.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Most interesting thing here is the build deck. First of all, this build deck is designed really good, building on this deck is extremely easy and you can place your coils without any problems, very, very easy to build on this one. Screws has nice threads and screws are placed at angle, so when you unscrew the screws all you need to do is to put inside the coil leads, then coil leads will come through the slots and you will see the leads on the other side where you can clip the leads very easy without problems. Under the each coil you can see two airflow holes. Through the holes airflow comes from the bottom of the rda and air will hit the coils very precise. You can place your coils higher or you can place the coils very close to the airflow holes, depends how you want to use this rda, personally I prefer to place my coils closer to the airflow holes, because it works better in my opinion. Juice well is very deep which is good of course, especially because airflow holes are placed high, so basically in the well you will have good amout of e liquid and you should not be scared about leaking, you really need to try hard to make it leak. Once again I will say that base is designed really good, easy for coil building, I belive you won't have any problems with building here, also the holes under the coil are placed high and there will be no leaking which is a plus.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Using the btfc rda

So as I said, this is dual coil atomizer, but you can use it as single coil if you want to do so, but trust me it works way better in dual coil configuration, so if you ask me, I would suggest you to use it with two coils.
    With this rda you will receive regular 510 pin and you will also receive the bf pin in the box. If you want to use it with regular 510 pin, you can drip through the drip tip without any problems because if you place the coils as I did e liquid will fall in the juice well and there will be no leaking, of cource you can make it leak if you try, but if you use it as you should there will be no leaking for sure.
    If you want to use this rda with squonk mod, also this rda works great with bf pin, when you squeeze the bottle e liquid will come inside the well and it will go evenly on both sides of the well, again you don't have to be scared about leaking beacuse of the base construction.
    If you look better at the rda you can see that coils are placed very high, only few mm under the top airflow slots, but as I said airflow from the top will not hit the coils at all. So here you can use only bottom airflow and you can use combination with bottom and top airflow, you can't use only top airflow here. Now I will explain better why we have here top airflow and why the name of the rda BTFC makes sense. So if you use only bottom airflow and you open both holes flavor is very good, personally the best flavor rda gives me with only bottom airflow and also vapor is very dense. With bottom airflow only draw is very restrictive so you will be no able to use it at high power only with bottom airflow. If you want more airflow and massive clouds you need to open the top airflow slots as well and then you can use this rda at 100w without any problems, so I hope that I explained why this rda is called btfc.
    I personally like to use this rda only with bottom airflow holes fully opened at 50w and I like the way it works, but once again if you want more vapor production you can open the top aiirflow holes and this rda will produce a lot of vapor without any problems.
    So btfc rda will not leak if you use it as you should, you can vape at lower power with really good flavor and you have nice airflow options to use it at high powers if you want more vapor production and I can say that this rda is very well made.

Cons:

- Some details on the top cap would be nice
    - Stopper on the chamber

Pros:

- You can use the rda at 50w and you can use it on 100w
    - Massive vapor production
    - Good flavor
    - Dense vapor with bottom airflow holes
    - Good build quality
    - Two drip tips in the package
    - It will no leak if you use it properly
    - Very easy to build here