Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Are E-Cigarettes a Healthy Way to Quit Smoking?

Discussion in 'What's in the Vape News?' started by tskier01123, Apr 11, 2016.

1. tskier01123

tskier01123 Member

Device:
    iTaste MVP with Nautilus Mini Tank
    Juice:
    Vaporleaf - Fire & Ice (Cinnamon / Menthol)
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/are-e-cigarettes-a-healthy-way-to-quit-smoking-1460340169

Alright, I like this article. Of course, I don't agree fully with the NO stance but there are some good points to be had. I think I see both sides, some people I know take to ecigs really well, most the smokers I know tried it for a while and went back to smoking. All in all I think it depends on your personality and desire to get off cigs. I'll never tout it as a 100% cure for smoking, but will tout it as a good way for me.

2. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    Well... under "quit smoking" something different is usually understood. They don't want to quit everything associated with nicotine inhalation. They just want you to switch from one thing to another. Of course, If you stop using cigarettes in favor of vaping... yeah, that's kind of a "quit smoking" thing.

3. tskier01123

tskier01123 Member

Device:
    Juice:
    Right? I think the cliche stance is that e cigs have a few chemicals, cigs have thousands. Talking on a few others threads there's also a residue that gets left behind from smoking that just isn't present in vaping. Two different things, so if you're vaping and not smoking, well, in my mind too you've quite smoking.

4. epaultspm

epaultspm Member

Device:
    Aspire K3
    Juice:
    Green Apple
    Yeah, on the surface vaping looks to be healthier than smoking by quite a bit, but the scientific evidence is just no there yet (not enough mass studies done). The NO stance is kind of absurd for discounting something that is obviously healthier for you than smoking, just because it's still a little bad for you. I mean better health is better health, it's just not as good as full on quitting, but it's still better than nothing.

5. tskier01123

tskier01123 Member

Device:
    Juice:
    From what I gather it's the tar that's really the killer. No tar in ecigs = safer on that level, but could something else be killing us? For sure, I'll take the chance right now. It's a stupid gamble you have to take as an addict--go with something I'm not sure will kill me and seems safe or stick with the thing I'm sure is going to kill me. Bargh, stupid cigarettes and stupid me for ever picking them up! :(

6. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel
    Juice:
    Pineapple
    I personally think that you will never quit something while you start doing something that is somwhoe the same, if you wanna quit smoking you just stop placing burning sticks in your mouth, that is all you have to do to quit smoking, I know it is not as easy as it sounds but come on, vape to quit smoking? it is kinda senseless.

7. Destinyosbourne

Destinyosbourne Member

Device:
    Box Mod
    Juice:
    Cappuccino
    Well, I think it'd better than smoking itself but might not be healthier than, say, cold turkey, the patch or gum.

8. Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands Member

Device:
    e-cig
    Juice:
    Strawberry
    It's a better alternative than smoking. I would never want to say that it was healthy as such, but I do certainly believe that you could call it "less dangerous" than smoking cigarettes as you might have done in the past. The best way to do it is to try and slowly cut down on vaping once you have managed to give up smoking, but many people don't bother to do this at all, and will instead decide to vape for life, as they don't feel that there are as many health risks with it.

9. tskier01123

tskier01123 Member

Device:
    Juice:
    I don't feel there are AS many health risks. I'm aware of the fact that we really don't know the long term dangers either. But as someone who was quickly killing themselves on analog cigs, ecigs so far have been a godsend. The thing is if it weren't for the vaping I would be smoking because I want the nicotine. Or I'm addicted to it, either way I don't want to give it up! But don't want a 50% chance of dying either. Gah, addiction is the worst!