Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Anybody travel with a vape?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by AboveTheSmoke, Feb 18, 2016.

1. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    Visiting Thailand soon, and I have seen that vapes are illegal, but a lot of people say there is no regulation and people don't even really care. I'm a bit concerned about the situation, but everyone has been telling me it's really calm and the airport security/police seriously do not care 1 bit, it's totally natural yet illegal. I'm confused, anybody deal with something like this?

2. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    In Thailand, it's not illegal per se to bring your vaping device. What is illegal is actually importing vape into their country. So I think you're safe to bring your vape and mods with you. Don't put the vape in an unopened box, making it seem like it's for import, just to be on the safe side.

I'm not really out of the country much but I've been to some Asian countries. And yeah, I travel within my country as well. I always bring my vape with me, didn't really have much problem with it.

3. AboveTheSmoke

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    Sweet, thanks. I thought vaping itself is illegal though which has me confused, it seems pretty clear from google searches that it's illegal but everyone says nobody cares...then why is it illegal stupid...

Anyways, thanks for the heads up, definitely appreciated.

missvape likes this.
  4. Pablo Diaz

Pablo Diaz Member

Device:
    Vaporfi Platinum Pro
    Juice:
    Vaporfi afternoon delight
    I don't really know much about the legal status of vaping in Thailand, but considering the confusion faced, I would be cautious using it. Like, vape normally but maybe hide it in a non-obvious way if you see a police officer? Just to be on the safe side. I wouldn't want to risk getting in legal trouble - and much less while being abroad. Good luck anyways!

5. Lynk

Lynk Member

Device:
    Aspire Nautilis
    Juice:
    Mt. Baker Vapor Pineapple Peach
    I've never had any issue travelling with my vape, but I've only travelled within the US since I started vaping. Never an issue at the air port or with security at all. I think people are pretty familiar with these now. Of course be careful vaping in public wherever you are if you are far from home, you don't want to offend people or get in trouble.

6. AboveTheSmoke

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    that's the thing, it seems like the consensus is that police don't care, but it's definitely illegal? like a lot of things about thailand confuse me...apparently they have them for sale all over some of the cities while other parts of the country expressly "frown upon" it without really constituting action, idk what's up but we'll see i guess?

7. mooray

mooray Member

Device:
    eGo & EVOD.
    Juice:
    VG/PG
    I think the airport protocol depends on which country you are visiting. For example, entering the U.S is hectic and you have to go through regular if not multiple airport security check ups. You definitely have to explain the e-liquid because they will think it a bomb or something dangerous like a nerve-gas. Damn!!!

8. AboveTheSmoke

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    It's funny you mention that, because the reports I have read say that the Thai officials look at it and go, "oh, e-cig. ok" and then wave you through...even though every outlet clearly states that e-cigs and vaping in general are illegal in thailand. Weird yeah?

9. jae

jae Guest

I have visited thailand before with my family. I do not smoke but my brother does. He has been trying to move on to better things instead of cigarettes so he now smoke e-cigarettes. He was able to pass security just fine. Although they did some fiddling with it and they examined it very closely. But other than that, they said he was fine to go! You should be fine.

10. AboveTheSmoke

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    lol, see! everyone keeps saying that so I guess I'll just go with it man. I'm so confused as to why they even made it illegal if they don't enforce it...I'll never understand. Maybe it was some kind of push by the tobacco industry there or something, who knows? I've been trying to figure this out for weeks but I guess I'll just roll the dice @_@

11. Davienna

Davienna New Member

Device:
    E-cigarette
    Juice:
    Orange
    I have never left my vape when travelling and has never had any issues however, I have only traveled to Caribbean islands so I can't really speak as it relates to the laws of other countries so I implore you to conduct a proper research before attempting to travel with it.

12. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    No problem and you're welcome! Yeah, it's confusing actually but with enough research that's what I found out. Anyway, I have also read that there really has been no report of any incident like confiscation of vapes in the airports in Thailand. So that might be a good sign for you. In any case, good luck and enjoy your vacation!

13. AboveTheSmoke

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    Thanks you two :) I'm not even worried so much about confiscation as having to spend like a week in some odd third world prison because I wanted to smoke blueberry muffins while riding around Asia on a streetbike, is that really so much to ask

missvape likes this.
  14. Francis

Francis Guest

Yea. I am using it. But not in Traveling. Im using it in my private room Folks. You too, do it in Private :)

15. AboveTheSmoke

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    lol, I see what you're getting at. I will be all aroundabouts and can't get as much privacy as I'd like though, so I'm trying to sort this all out. I'm just gonna go for it.

16. SapnaTheBaller3

SapnaTheBaller3 Member

Device:
    ELeaf
    Juice:
    O.C
    Just be smart about it, if possible don't be obvious and smoke in front of an officer or near anyone who is religious. Not sure on the regulations over seas but I don't see there being a problem with it.

missvape likes this.
  17. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    My friend from Italy uses his vape a lot. Recently, he's been travelling Europe, Russia and Asia with no issues. However, I recommend you check the rules of your flight / other transportation device.

18. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    Yup, I'd also suggest that, still be on the lookout for people who might give you the dead-eye. You know, some people can be too conservative still. Always just vape in public places that aren't too crowded. And try to vape in the streets when people aren't too close to you. That's what I usually do here in my place and in other places as well.

19. Healey

Healey New Member

Device:
    E-Go
    Juice:
    Banana Flavored local brand
    Yeah, I'd probably do it, but be as discreet as possible... don't walk out in the open markets puffing away. I'm sure a little of it has to do with corruption in politics there- and wanting to save the cigarette industry- as Asian countries have a higher percentage of people smoking than in the west.

20. AboveTheSmoke

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    Nah man, people are doing it out in the open. That's why I'm so damn confused, like it's strictly illegal and strictly unenforced. Does not compute. But apparently cops in Thailand like, drink whiskey on the job and help people relace their shoes and stuff, it's pretty badass