Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Any of you guys get mouth sores from vaping?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by wildma, Oct 7, 2015.

1. wildma

wildma New Member

Hey guys, I've been vaping for close to 2 years. In that two year period I've always been plagued by mouth sores from vaping. Its mainly on the roof of my mouth, it feels raw and stings. I've recently tried vaping with no nic, pg with no nic and vg with no nic (always with some flavouring though). I just don't know what it can be - the flavouring? It seems to happen with any flavour so I don't think that's it. The only thing I can think of is my pg/vg might be out of date (its about 6 months old, as I haven't diy'd in a while). But this happens with bought flavours too. Any of you guys have this problem? Is there a fix? Any suggestions would be helpful as a pack of smokes is looking good at the moment. I never had this problem with cigarettes. Cheers! :)

2. dok666

dok666 New Member

I've been getting more mouth ulcers since I started vaping. I would say vaping is drying out the mouth creating an environment more conducive to mouth sores.

To combat mine I've had to kick up my mouth maintenance so brushing 3 times a day and using mouth wash (either listerine or warm salt water).

3. klf

klf New Member

I had used to have dry mouth issues when vaping, so I always had a swig of water after a vape session, plus increasing your water intake isn't a bad thing. I also found boiled sweets or hard mints helped, the sucking produces saliva. This web-page has some interesting cures for you maybe, I know you haven't just quit but if it helps then woohoo/ :)

Canker sores

4. Katie

Katie New Member

bad news steve c!! sorry to hear that

fyi - for what its worth i get them when i vape bazooka bubble gum and mango by yaeliq - that's the only time i get them - in the roof of my mouth - needless to say i dont vape those flavours any more - all the other juices i have from them are no probs

also as littleraf says - saliva is an antibacterial so dry mouth will lead to all sorts of probs

hope u sort it soon

5. Messykatt

Messykatt New Member

I'm also going to suggest more water intake, and especially when actually vaping but also (unless you already drink a ton) and I'm also going to suggest getting some l-lysine from your chemist, supermarket or health food store.

It's very, very good for helping with most skin conditions, cold sores and mouth ulcers and the helping process as well. I used to suffer most of my life with mouth ulcers, cold sores and quite severe skin conditions about the rest of my body. Someone suggested them to me for helping with cold sores 25 years or more ago and after taking them to help with that problem all my other conditions cleared up almost completely.

And I'm not kidding, when I say I used to get cold sores I have had them so bad that I've had to be hospitalised. I take them on and off these days, maybe a bottle or two a year now and I've not had a mouth ulcer or cold sore in like 10 years now maybe.

6. wLucianoCummingsd

wLucianoCummingsd New Member

I already use mouthwash and brush every day but my water/ liquid intake could be better i suppose. Ive never tried l-lysine before is it a mouthwash? Ill give that a try, but is this just something that everyone gets from vaping in general or is it only isolated cases like me? Why didnt i have this prob with smoking? What ingredient is it that causes it? If i could isolate it and remove it problem would be solved?

7. Mestarreque

Mestarreque New Member

I don't know the answer as to why you may be getting mouth sores I'm sorry, everyone's different and there could be many reasons. It may have little or nothing to do with vaping or everything to do with it, no idea myself.

Could be you have low fluid intake and suffer from a drying of tissues in your mouth, vaping does dehydrate. IT may be age/genetic related and only has just become a issue since vaping. More likely it may be caused by some form of stress, you would be surprised by what stress can do to a body and there's many different types of stress.

As to l-lysine it's an essential amino acid and you can get it in a tablet form, it will be in the health food section or vitamin section of your supermarket or local chemist and health food stores. It does quite a few things for the body, even helps with calcium absorption, anxiety, hair health and growth, hormones, semen (lol) and help fight some kind of cancers they are starting to say of late. It helps with skin and cell reproduction.

Google it and have a look for yourself to see if it may be of help, as I said everyone's different and need to make their own choices but it has been nothing less than a miracle with what it has done for myself. Changed my life in a massive way, way more so than what vaping has even done for me to be honest... I don't know if it will help your situation but was just thinking it's just a normal everyday health supplement so may be worth a try.

My situation was in the extreme and it truly was like magic, no I think maybe miracle is the correct word.

8. Hennes7

Hennes7 New Member

Hey Dalork, thanks for the info and im going to give it a try. I googled it and it will be good for general health at the very least. The reason i originally posted was because only vaping does this to me and when i dont vape it goes away. So its vaping that definetly sets it off. I thought it might be an ingredient in the juice but ive eliminated most of those so ill try anything at this point. Cheers! :)

9. NeexyWego

NeexyWego New Member

i remember reading some where smoking jacks your immune system,
    Its constantly on repairing the damage of the smokes so as your getting sick it already starting the repairs.

next time you get one go see a doctor, could be a Cold Sore, burns, STI or even a minor staff infection.

10. Vaksdash

Vaksdash New Member

Sorted. I dont know why its working, but i mixed up a batch with half my usual nic level and no more mouth sores. Still get dry tongue though. I tried vaping with no nic before and still had the sores but i think they were still there from before. Now they have cleard up they havent returned since reducing my nic. Just a heads up for anyone experiencing this problem :)

11. Love & Happiness

Love & Happiness New Member

Or Cancer, Aids, Brain tumour or over inflamed testicle diagnosis.

12. wo0kie

wo0kie New Member

good to hear ;)

where did you get the nic from ?

13. dp80

dp80 New Member

Are you sure? It's only been four days. But interesting if it's the nic causing it, I've heard that nicotine gum also causes mouth sores.

I've been vaping for over two years and have had constant, intermittent problems with sore mouth and frequent mouth ulcers. I drink water constantly when I vape too.

I have periods of a week or two where it's fine, and other periods where my mouth is really sore, especially the roof of my mouth. If my mouth is ok and I eat something scratchy (crusty bread or something) which hurts the roof of my mouth then it will be sore for days afterwards and be exacerbated by vaping.

It's like the vapour is too acidic or something, it almost feels burnt sometimes.

I haven't been able to figure out how to stop it though, and I don't do too well when I try to reduce the nic strength. Scary thought.

14. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome New Member

Er, thanks Arth. Very encouraging lol!

The nic im using at the moment is from nicvape. Ive just recieved an order from myfreedomsmokes but havent tried it yet.

Your right Jen it has only been days but its the most trouble free period of vaping i can remember in the 2 years since i started. The juice isnt as harsh now either. Im actually enjoying it more. Have you tried dropping your nic? It may work for you too :)

15. LongTom7

LongTom7 New Member

Yeah, I recently tried dropping my nic strength from 12mg to 10mg, just cuz it was a round number and easier to mix. I immediately started chain vaping and felt irritable and dissatisfied. Plus the chain vaping didn't help my sore mouth much.

But I was too lazy to re-mix it back to 12mg so I persevered and after a couple of weeks the crazy-vaping has settled down a bit. Still have a sore mouth though.

I'm fairly sure the the symptoms of reducing nic strength are more painful than my sore mouth, lol. I feel a bit trapped...I seem to be far more dependent on nic than other vapers, who can apparently just drop their nicotine without any suffering. :(

16. whmpqobwsp

whmpqobwsp New Member

I've had issues with a sore throat on and off for months.

The only thing that helped was going to 100% VG, Distilled water and small amount of flavouring. (DIY T Juice)
    Nic at 1mg/mil. No typo... I'm now vaping at 1mg/mil

Thankfully I haven't had any mouth sores.

17. hoanghonht

hoanghonht New Member

Interesting cause non cancerous lesions in the mouth is a known side effect of snus too and lessens when you use portion over loose, Apparently it may have to do with ph levels being higher and level of nic used ...

18. mur

mur New Member

What do mean by portion over loose? I don't know much about snuss.

19. mwregjawgcma

mwregjawgcma New Member

Think of it like analogues tailors and roll your own .. portion is in the measured teabags like tailors

and loose is like roll your own you stuff as much as you want in your mouth

Hope this helps

20. ztlkjforvp

ztlkjforvp New Member

Leaving now but just had a quick browse and mouth sores are also a known common side effect of Nicotine inhalers as well .. so no biggie