Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Anise/Brandy Juice Help...

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by gysek, Jan 20, 2016.

1. gysek

gysek New Member

Afternoon ladies and gents,
    I mentioned in a previous post that I’m looking to start DIYing and my first project is to recreate one of my favourite drinks and a very sentimental one to me, and that is the Sol y Sombra (sun and shade).
    A ‘SYS’ is made in a shot glass, with equal parts brandy and anis. Anis or Anisette is a typical Spanish liqueur, clear in colour and derived from aniseed, not liquorice, unlike various similar drinks from Europe.
    Growing up (and I mean pretty much from birth – for teething purposes) I’ve had SYS’s made with the same two ingredients, Fundador Brandy and Anis Del Mono. I’d be trying to recreate these drinks as close to what I’m used to as possible so it may be a fiddly process, but it is very important to me (so much so that the bonbonierres at my upcoming wedding are miniatures of Fundador and Anis Del Mono and a shot glass).
    I’m going to try ordering a few brandy ejuices, and trying them for a few days each, while sipping on a cheeky glass of fundador to compare, but the anis will be a bit more difficult. I encourage you to try it, but its not a liquorice flavour, its more herby as opposed to candy flavoured, but it is also very sweet and sticky. A lot of the aniseed type juices that Ive read about are either liquorice, Sambuca (more liquorice than aniseed) and absinthe, which is far more ‘herby’.

I’m just wondering if anyone can recommend a good course of action here. Should I be scouring the interweb for every aniseed type flavour and seeing if any fit the bill, or is there a way to extract the flavour from a bottle of Anis del Mono to use in my own ejuice concentrate? The latter would be preferable, if it is at all possible, as I’m guessing it would give me the exact flavour profile that I’m looking for, but any guidance would be met with .comcous app.comse and face spanning grins.

Thanks you bunch of geniuses, you.

2. torindeil

torindeil New Member

Have you tried some fennel concentrate for the aniseed taste ?
    I purchased a ltr of the stuff ages ago :)

3. Ciaci

Ciaci New Member

Thanks Olfella, any recommendations on where to aquire said concentrates?

4. emevema

emevema New Member

Mate I got mine from Shanghai Rainbow Trading Company ( I think)
    Do a search for concentrates on Alibaba. Also a google search will bring up other results for you.