Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

An Adapted Problem

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by yjbkypqamj, Oct 26, 2015.

1. yjbkypqamj

yjbkypqamj New Member

I'm hoping some of the more technical people here might know what's going on here...

I've got three 510-Ego adapters (for using eGo stuff on a Provari/JiB/etc). When I first got them I was running an eGo-T on a Provari and everything was just peachy. I then moved onto tanks and they've been sitting idle ever since.

Now my Dragon Pipe is designed to use eGo atties and the wooden lip is too high to screw on a tank, so I thought I'd use the eGo adapter to give the extra few mm required. Now it all fits, but it won't fire.

I tried all 3 adapters, and then tested them all on a JiB. The JiB reports "High Resistance" and won't fire. This usually happens when there is a short in the carto or an incomplete circuit. It must be an incomplete circuit since the Dragon didn't try and blow my hand off ;)

Any idea why what is essentially just a piece of metal would stop working?

2. 510-ego adapters are a pita, awesome when you have a working one though.
    it seems the centre pin is too short for some mods, i even tried grinding a bit off he top of one, it helped a bit but is still very fussy on what it will work on.

3. ds40959redft

ds40959redft New Member

Thats spot on Stoney.

I have three different types. The ones that consistantly work have the center pin slightly proud. Not by much, but enough. The others are just flush, or slightly recessed and of course not adjustable. I remember in the past Vapeking stocked some that were suposed to be adjustable.

Of course the quick nasty fix is the bent staple trick down the center hole of the adapter???

4. CaroleAcevedo

CaroleAcevedo New Member

I have just had a look on ECF. The original thread is there but the images have long gone. This is a lump of text that may describe trhe procedure???

I only got mine yesterday, just one atty to try and I've noticed it's very finicky about making contact with the center post of the battery. It'll work on my first battery, then it'll work on the second battery, put it back on the first and nothing. Some fiddling around with the posts on either works for a while, but I'm still fine tuning things. There's also a staple mod where you cut a staple in half and bent it like so _/\_ and pop in in the center hole in the atty which you could try to see if it works, but you'll push in the center post of your battery if you over tighten and then you'll have problems with other atties.

5. bobbybig

bobbybig New Member

just a comment on that screw in the originals, I was suss at the time, went back and checked a month ago .. that screwdriver slot does NOTHING, people see a slot and assumed it was for adjustment and posted all sorts of solutions being smart..
    none of them fucking checked it, it may have moved in or out an iota and started working..
    but its for airflow, its not threaded, screw it all damn day .. will have the same effect as nudging the centre post one way or the other.