Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Almost there to become a vaper =)

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by Paxxtor, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Paxxtor

Paxxtor New Member

2. chillz02

chillz02 New Member

For your doublers you just need to decide how much stronger you want your nic level. These are 2 simple testers to help find your required strength. The 70/30 PG/VG is the most commonly used ratio for vapour production without muting the flavour too much.

This will give you 12mg juice 70/30 PG/VG.
    .7 ml Nic 36mg
    .9 ml PG
    .5 ml PG

This will give you 18mg juice roughly 70/30 PG/VG.
    1 ml Nic 36mg
    .6 ml PG
    .4 ml VG

Once you see which one is strong enough you can make bigger bottles with your doublers which will be half doubler and the other half made up of nic, PG and VG calculated for how much you want to make up.

For doublers, you put the flavour percentage in the calculator as 50% as they are double the flavour to easily mix at a 1:1 ratio with your nicotine/PG/VG mix to make a normal flavour juice.

3. koasr999

koasr999 New Member

t2kai, I don't think 6mg is not going to be enough nicotine if your aim is to replace smoking with vaping.
    If I were you, I'd start with at least 18mg. You can always wind it back if you find it too much.

4. erkbrksrk1

erkbrksrk1 New Member

Grab a doubler, grab the 36mg/ml nic & add 5 ml of each to a bottle to make 10ml of juice. This makes 18mg juice with the right amount of flavor @ 70/30 PG/VG.
    You don't need to touch the plain PG & VG at this stage if you have doublers.

5. shoffloW

shoffloW New Member

Oh ok. Thanks for the help =D

6. Matt

Matt New Member

Yeah I'm trying to replace it with my smoking but try to cut down at the same time. I usually smoke 4~8mg pack of cig so yeah I thought 6mg of nic would be enough but I think I need more =) thanks for the advice. I also got that Ultrasonic? cleaner from aldi that you mentioned on other thread =D Thank you!

7. cradnedo

cradnedo New Member

Oh ok that sounds pretty easy =). So I'll try 50:50 and if it's too strong, I just put less nic right? Thanks always for your help Noe =D

8. seitsWew

seitsWew New Member

If you find the flavor too strong you can mix up some 18mg/ml unflavored nic by mixing 5ml 36mg/ml with 3.5ml plain PG & 1.5ml plain VG, you then have 10ml of 18mg/ml @ 70/30 PG/VG.
    Add 0.5 ml at a time to the flavored juice you made & test vape it before adding more unflavored juice, you will kill all the flavor if you add too much at once.

18mg/ml shouldn't be too strong for most vapers, it is generally agreed among experienced vapers as being the best starting point for a new vaper. What most newbies fail to realise is that vaping is different to smoking in the way that nic is absorbed. Just be.comse you may have smoked "light" cancer sticks doesn't mean you were getting less nicotine, just less tar. The mg on a cig packet was for tar & not for nicotine.

Vape @ 18mg/ml for a day or two & if you think it is too strong after that then you can cut it back a bit, just mix up 3.5ml plain PG & 1.5ml plain VG to get a 70/30 mix of unflavored mixer.
    Then add 5ml of doubler to make 10ml of 0mg/ml juice. Add 1 part 0mg/ml to 2 parts 18mg/ml juice & you have 12mg/ml juice, which is the next nic strength you should try for a day or two if 18mg/ml is too strong for you.
    You may find 12mg/ml too light (highly likely) in that case mix equal parts 18mg/ml & 12mg/ml to make 15mg/ml & try that strength out next.

9. Frederic

Frederic New Member

Cool. That really helped. Thanks Noe

10. moagarotolo

moagarotolo New Member

maybe it's just how my mind works but for mixing when i have different nic strengths as part of the end result i seem to find using the 100mg nic a lot easier. just .comse then if you want 18mg nic you make your nic 18% of total. 12mg 12% and so on and so forth. i find it also helps if your using a calculator like the one you linked to if both nic and flavour are in pg then were it says "water added" just use that for your VG % instead. like i said though maybe that's just the way my brain works

11. mGlendoraHaydenw

mGlendoraHaydenw New Member

ahhhh. Good idea! Thanks!