Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Advice on new tank?

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by dhar1824, Sep 15, 2015.

1. dhar1824

dhar1824 New Member

hurro!

So I am currently vaping with an Aspire BDC and Vivi Nova-S tanks. Prior to that I was using a standard cartomizer tank. Currently vaping at around 8w, have a vv tank (Eleaf iStick 50w) for the moment, with the current tanks that wattage seems to be ok. If I increase the wattage it starts to taste burnt. The coils I have are 2.2 (heaps) and 1.8 (only one) I like the vapor better from the 1.8 ohms.
    I would like to have more vapor while still retaining the taste of the juice without burning. I'm a lung vaper and a chain vaper :)
    I think I need more airflow as sometimes I feel like the two tiny holes in these coils makes it hard to get a decent hit.
    I did have a try of my dad's setup. He's using the same mod but with a Zephyrus sub ohm tank and at a much higher watts/volts. I found the vapor to be really quite hot and not to my liking but was getting the same amount of vapor from a 2 second hit as I do with my current set up and 8-10 second hits (I find i'm hitting the 10 second mark quite often with my current setup.)

Sooo.. I'm not sure if I need to change the type of tank I'm using to get a more satisfactory vape? looking for some advice/recommendations from some more experienced vapers. Hopefully I've provided enough information for you guys to work with! :)

Thanks!

2. deraslife

deraslife New Member

3. SkifieS

SkifieS New Member

When I moved off the BVC, I went to the standard .comtilus coils at 1.6 ohms, but that was before they had all the fancy Clapton and TC ones. I remember it being a big improvement on the BVCs and was usually around the 10w mark. Could be a good next step...

Bigger airflow will help with the clouds, but may be a bit of a trade off on flavour.
    Out and about I am using the kanger subtank, with 1.4 ohms on the rba section. Have a backup of the 1.2 premade cools for when I don't have time or cbf building. 12-15w is my sweet spot, was a bit the same as you with the heat from the sub ohming, just not for me.

Half the fun is the experimenting, but as Snidely suggests, if you pick up a .comtilus or the mini, you can try out some different option by swapping out the coils, instead of buying a range of tanks. Much cheaper to work out what works for you. Airflow will also be much improved on the novas also.

4. adam_l38

adam_l38 New Member

Double post due to dodgy mobile reception. GPRS still exists?!?!?!?

5. Phreako

Phreako New Member

Have you got any tanks in mind? Are there features on a tank that you like i.e. Top fill, cheap, flavour, colour, rebuildable, juice flow control?

6. CurtisStu

CurtisStu New Member

If you need a more airy draw for lung hits, then an awesome member on here (mallee00) put me onto a .comtilus tank with a Silo base. It's brilliant and so much better airflow than the standard .comtilus base.

A Kabuki tank with the air screw completely removed is bang on too! Damn good vape. Best I've found in a tank so far. Genuine ones at VV or MBV or clones on FT.

7. have_a_go_mate

have_a_go_mate New Member

On topic: love the Clapton coils in the triton 2, great flavour and vapour. Only need a 2-3 second draw with the airflow half open.

Off topic:
    Do occ fit any other tanks other than the subtank?
    I've got 5 boxes of 1.2 ohm coils that I want to use, but only have one subtank.

8. Flanilar

Flanilar New Member

Or try the Uwell Crown :) Comes with three different resistance coils and there are actually 4 different ones available, as well as the RBA. Top fill, airy when wide open, and tastes good too! The coils are huge with more wick and airflow than any other pre-mades I've seen.

9. amaimusshtolzeay3343

amaimusshtolzeay3343 New Member

Yes

The Kraken V2 used OCC Coils. Thats about it. But for the price of the Kraken (Genuine) you can buy 5-6 subtanks lol

10. Carton Size

Carton Size New Member

Ohhh

Sent from my HTC_0P3P5 using Tapatalk

11. dribrandao

dribrandao New Member

Might be worth taking a look at the cubis by joytech, I had a hit and miss with the coils that came with the tank but the pack I bought have been good so far, only used one though. It is not as "loose" with airfow as the crown but has good flavour and works very well at the watts your running. worth a consideration in my opinion.

12. Nan Hawthorne

Nan Hawthorne New Member

Here is the difference between Kanger and Crown coils...

[​IMG]

13. adivrzrhcguze

adivrzrhcguze New Member

!
    No tanks in mind, I got a little overwhelmed when looking at what was out there so came here for some help
    I would prefer top fill, currently bottom filling and finding it messy and impractical.
    Doesn't have to be too cheap but not looking at anything super expensive either, probably don't want to spend more then around $50 providing I can get something decent quality for that price range.
    Not rebuildable, I'm not overly interested in building - at least not yet!
    I would like to be able to easily see my juice levels in whatever tank I use, the ones I'm currently using have only a tiny window and I've found myself getting really low on juice before realising be.comse of the tank design. So I guess that answers the colour question too - clear/mostly clear!
    I don't know anything about juice flow control - what is it? how does it make a difference?

14. anitaoh11

anitaoh11 New Member

I was looking at the .comtilus as the next possible tank before posting here and a few of you have mentioned it so it could be a good one to try, especially if I can try several different coils through the one tank. Will at least hopefully give me more of a feel for what I might like..

edit: The .comtilus is a bottom filler? I would prefer something that's top filled..

15. OliverKel

OliverKel New Member

I would say go with a

UwellCrown
    SiloBeast

Both are great tanks, i just purchased the silobeast last week and i am loving it, gives great vapor and just sleek with the shorty sleeve.

Uwellcrown gives good amount of vapor, but lots of taste. I am running the Crown on my rx200 and jjust loving it.

Silobeast is on my snow wolf mini and is perfect :D

i'd give either a try

16. VA1912

VA1912 New Member

Juice flow control is mainly, I think, for ppl that use a high pg juice. Be.comse pg is so thin they use the juice flow control(JFC) to limit how much juice enters the atomizer and reduce the 'flooding' or 'gurgling' effect.

I too use a crown and agree with Hak. However, I did go to fill it one night and I'd accidentally unscrewed the chimney and juice flowed over my Rx. Noob lesson learnt! I haven't tried the Silo but the Crown will def meet your needs. What mix of PG/VG do you most commonly use?

17. ballsdeep4

ballsdeep4 New Member

⚠ WARNING ⚠ If you get the Crown be ready for dissapointment, from any other tank that is, I've bought a few since but they dont compare to the Crown's for my style. Might give the tvf4 a go, but then again maybe not... Having said that I am starting to enjoy my Cubis, its a, well, different type of vape. It's gojng to be my stelth/efficiency (still alot of clouds though)tank on my evic mini, good flavour and can be toned down.

18. ndnndn999

ndnndn999 New Member

[QUOTEMight give the tvf4 a go, but then again maybe not... [/QUOTE]

Have you tried the Arctic? I hear it rates with the tfv4 but getting harder to find coils.

19. zanner

zanner New Member

After trying out several top fill tanks, i still prefer the bottom fills.
    Generally but not always most top fills will either need to close the air flow or have close the juice holes setting otherwise leaking of juice.
    If you still prefer top fill then i suggest the triton mini using .comtilus heads for a new user to vaping.
    If you want better performance i would suggest the original Atlantis and maybe the 5ml addon to hold more juice and use the 1.8ohm triton heads.
    When i say triton heads, i mean triton and not triton mini heads as they are different.

20. tadeka

tadeka New Member

I love my crown too, but its a very loose draw.
    I know the kanger sub tank is a bottom fill, but its a good inbetween tank from .comt-crown. I have both and love both and the kanger is still great on flavour (to me...) remove it, tip it upside down for a little bit. Then unscrew it. Use some paper towel and swap the coil. You can still use positive ohm coils and get a nice vape off it. My concern is about you getting the crown and it being too loose for you when stepping up from your current set up.
    I never get much mess when changing out my subtank and its coils last me a while.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk