Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Adding Flavouring to Menthol E-Liquid

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by Sgod, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Sgod

Sgod New Member

Hey all,

if i was to buy some concentrated flavours from Health Cabin and add them to a dekang menthol E-liquid would it be similar to simply an e liquid and a menthol together? I understand i'd lose some throat hit due to the dilution of the nicotine % but would it be a huge loss?

how much flavour would i have to add to get a good balance of taste?

Radial.

2. queniano

queniano New Member

Welcome to AVF :)

IMO, you would be better off getting the flavored juice you want & adding menthol concentrate to it.
    This way you would have full flavored juice & can control the amount of menthol you add.
    Doing it the other way, you are going to need to add much more concentrates to the menthol juice to get enough flavor from them without the menthol overpowering the flavor, which would mean a greater dilution of your nic strength.

As a rough guide, with HC concentrates you need about 10% added to unflavored juice to get full flavor.
    However with menthol you can add as little as 1% & get enough menthol boost from it, certainly 5% added to juice would be plenty IMO, I have HC spearmint & I find at 5% it is very strong.

3. Locky_77

Locky_77 New Member

Wow, you guys know your stuff... that sounds great mate, you've been a real help!

Happy Vaping!

4. sdecort01

sdecort01 New Member

Yeah, my menthols are about 15-20% of the total flavor, its a powerful additive....:)