Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

A noobs review and unboxing of a Joyetech eRoll.

Discussion in 'Vape Reviews' started by Cheacle, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Cheacle

Cheacle New Member

Okay I am obviously real new at this and know very little about vaping, so feel a bit off writing a review here. But funnily enough a total noob is exactly who this product is designed for, so, if you don't mind...

Joyetech eRoll, $60 from Heaven Gifts:

Unboxing

If you have ever bought an iPhone then you will feel at home unboxing the eRoll. I have no doubt this was a purposeful decision, as the eRoll does not try too hard to hide its influences.

View attachment 5824

If Steve Jobs had made an e-cigarette then it probably would have looked like this.

View attachment 5825

Inside the box is a white PCC (charging case) a matching USB cable, two eRoll batteries, two atomisers, three cartridges and one atomizer sleeve. Also supplied separate (as it is too big for the box) is an canadan wall charger.

My only issue with the packaging is the lack of a spare atomizer sleeve. I don’t understand it really. They can be bought online for $1.50 each, it would have made sense to include one alongside the spare battery.

PCC

View attachment 5826

The PCC is fantastic, really much better looking and nicer to hold than I expected. It flips open nicely and can hold a full ecig for charging (no need to twist apart to charge unlike most PCCs).

View attachment 5827

That does however make me ask why they didn’t make it a little bigger. Were it a little bigger then it would have been possible to provide storage space for one or two spare cartridges. Not an original complaint, and reading other reviews before purchasing this I already knew of its shortfalls and now I have one in my hand I do fully agree, the PCC of course should have included room for a cartridge.

2. manyundug

manyundug New Member

Inside

The atomizer by the way is an eGo (A type) and the only part that is compatable with any other product.

View attachment 5840

The PCC connects to the wall charger or laptop USB port and will take around 3 hours to fully charge. It has a 1000mah battery and should last a full day.

View attachment 5841

The eRoll itself only has a 90mah battery, and would not last too long, some have said no more than 20mins continuous vaping but I have been using it fairly constantly for the last 45 mins, taking a drag every now and again and it is still working. So I guess it does depend on how much you are hitting it.

The eCig charges inside the PCC and will fully charge from flat in 30-40 mins. The PCC will carry enough power to be able to charge the eRoll 4-5 times, or for normal use, keep it topped up all day.

And ‘normal use’ is the key. This eCig is not designed to be a constant vapers tool, but is designed to be more of a cigarette replacement. Take it out of the case, have a five minute vape and then put it back. That way it should remain charged all day – and if my testing today is anything to go by then yes, it does work as expected.

Now, for the eCig itself….

The eRoll

View attachment 5842

...is brilliant.

View attachment 5843

Compared to the eGo & Stardust I have been vaping on this last week it is tiny. It looks and feels like an analogue in my hand. I wish I had an analogue to compare it to in the pic, but a business card should give you an idea of the size of this thing…

View attachment 5844

I had a hard time deciding on the colour, and as soon as I ordered I wish I had gone for black, but to be honest I love the white. My next purchase was always going to be some spares, I just wanted to make sure I liked it before spending some more money, and I think I will stick to the white instead of trying a different option (Black and Silver).

One thing I might do though is get my spare PCC in black, just so I can mix it up a bit.

3. delilamondone736

delilamondone736 New Member

Nice blue light on the end which of course flares when I take a drag, it would have been nice to see it myself, but it is not visible from above.

It is an.comtomatic, of course only ever having used an eGo it is weird getting used to not pressing a button, but obviously more analogue like so it didn’t take me long to get back in the swing.

As other reviews have pointed out, the airhole is a bit of a pain as it is easy to cover it up when holding the thing. This though is not much of a problem, it doesn’t take long before it is second nature to not cover it up.

The other thing to watch out for is how hot the atty gets after a few puffs. It does get quite warm. Not too hot to hold, but not too far off.

As for vaping? I think it is fine. I feel no difference from the eGo at all. I get good vapour and a good throat hit. I am currently using 100% VG, 18mg Apple. I have read that an 80/20 or 70/30 VG/PG mix is probably best.

View attachment 5846

I have also read that be.comse the eRoll is designed to be a cigarette replacement, and smoked for 5mins every hour or so, then a higher nic is going to be better. I will be experimenting with 24mg and 36mg to see how I get on. I do want an analogue replacement, and that was always my aim when starting vaping. While I can see myself using this all the time, I can always stick to my eGo for an evening when I feel like chain vaping some 12mg.

With this in mind I have to raise the biggest issue by far with this thing. The carto is far too small. It is supposed to hold 0.5ml, and I am not sure that it holds that much to be honest. And while analogue style of smoking will mean less juice being used, this is going to need refilled at least twice a day.

View attachment 5847

This is would not be a bigger issue were there space for some extra cartos in the PCC as the cartos themselves are good, they come with a great silicon cap that holds the juice in well and does not leak. But you would not want them loose in your pocket on a night out. So a little container is necessary there.

The other option is to take a small bottle out with you, and that is probably the better option as the cartos are really easy to pull out and fill.

U-Can

Today I also had delivered a U-Can that I bought from a fellow forum member. If you haven’t seen these they are just a small, stainless steel and good looking 10ml juice bottle with a built in needle and pump. They are, without a shadow of a doubt the best accessory there is for the eRoll. In fact I would go as far as saying that they are a must for anyone who buys an eRoll. They can be got from Health Cabin for $18 I think are no bigger than a large cigarette lighter really.

View attachment 5845

Thinking about all the options and potential drawbacks of the eRoll I have decided that I will be very happy and very well served when taking my eRoll and a full U-Can stuffed in my jeans pocket on a night out.

To sum up

Different strokes for different folks of course but I think many could get some real use out of this.

Clearly this is aimed at the “switcher”. Someone like me who has just given up fags and want something that is faglike, easy to carry, easy to charge and easy to use. And it that regard it is absolutely perfect.

But it might also well suit a seasoned vaper who just wants something to stick in their pocket when going out for a meal, a party, wedding etc.. Certainly it would be great for anyone, like me, who works in a business environment and still needs to sneak off round the corner for a sneaky little smoke in between meetings.

I think it is a great product, and being only v1 I think it is a good sign for things to come. If a future version is released that addresses some of the cons with regard to the capacity of the carto then it will be even better.

But for now it is a great looking PCC and inside is a great looking eCigarette, in fact probably the best looking combination available. It suits my needs down to the ground. I love it.

4. Turbobaby

Turbobaby New Member

Good review Murphy, will you keep adding your experience over the next few days please? Sometimes new equipment works really well for a couple of days, and then loses performance. I, for one, am very interested to hear how it progresses.

Cheers, GT

5. conlai

conlai New Member

My compliments, a well done review covering all the basics, the photos where well done, the ucans definitely interested me,

6. Feriouse

Feriouse New Member

Goodonya Murphy... great review :)

I'd also be interested in a follow-up. This could be the device that my eldest .comghter would find acceptable.

7. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    That was such a thorough review. I think you got it quite good even though you admitted to being a newbie. If you haven't said so yourself, I would not even think that you're new at reviewing vapes. Have you ever thought about starting your own blog or channel? I'm sure you could be of great help to fellow vape users like me! And if you do, be sure to update us, I would love to read all about it.

I'd also like that follow-up review. As with any gadget, the first few uses seem good enough. We never know what will happen over a couple of days or weeks. I'm sure a follow-up review can be quite helpful. Thank you in advance!

Ladyferoz likes this.
  8. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Member

Device:
    iTaste MVP 2.0 iClear 30
    Juice:
    Snake oil from Seduce Juice, pear/coconut/cream
    Соns, is thеrе аny?

Wеll, nоthing is pеrfесt. But thе еRоll is quitе сlоsе tо it. Thеrе аrе thrее minоr issuеs thаt hаs buggеd thе rеviеwеrs, nоt tо mе thоugh. Оnе, is it's "wаrming" аtоmizеr соvеr/соnе. I hаvеn't fеlt аny sеriоusnеss in it pаrtiаlly b'соz I dоn't сhаin vаpе. Аnd аlsо b'соz I'vе lеаrnt tо hоld аn е-Сig а diffеrеnt wаy thаn usuаlly I did. I hоld е-Сigs in thе "pеnсil-in-ur-mоuth-whilе-thinking" stylе (sее bеlоw).