Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

A Guide to Vaping - By Vape.to

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by carmelbro, Sep 17, 2015.

1. carmelbro

carmelbro New Member

Hi All,

As it's been requested multiple times, and alot of us have been doing a great job at informing people what things are over and over again. Rather than re-iterate things multiple times, a few of us have decided to get a guide together.

This is the first revision, and will be updated on a regular basis as we receive info from you guys on what to put in there. Currently I'm working on consolidating stoney's thread of useful information that's stickied at the moment into it, formatting it into a nice booklet, and ensuring that the table of contents links work.

You can actually use the hyperlinks on the ToC to link people directly WITHIN the document. I've tried to ensure that alot of things that are mentioned in there are linkeable via headings etc, so i'll keep that up to date. This is a document that isn't being created by just a select few. I will be revising the thread on a daily basis to update VALID and useful information from the posts you guys give to us.

There are currently a few people that are able to edit the document so as to not induce confusion/muddle/crap in the document. Once we get to a beta stage this may open up to more people depending on the workload of additional information. The final document will be editeable only by myself, stoney, and maybe one more person we can trust not to stuff around with formatting etc as the document needs to retain certain heading formats for the ToC to work properly etc etc.

This is also a alpha document at the moment, so please do not use it to post to noobs as the information may be OUTDATED and is not really relevant AT THIS STAGE to today's stuff, but we would rather cover EVERYTHING relevant to PV, and this includes previous generally no longer available PV's/ATTYS/Information too!

PLEASE NO THREAD CRAPPING AS IT MAKES IT HARDER TO GET THE INFO!

We want this to be made by everyone not just a select few people, but to keep it in a readeable fashion we ask that you guys post the additions in this thread. When wanting to add information to the guide (We know there's wrong information in there, please keep it precise and follow the below template for speed of additions/changes/removals). If you can stick to that we'd be VERY thankful!

** Additions to guide **
    Topic
    SubTopic
    Item
    Subitem
    Addition/Removal/Content change

The content change that you recommend us remove/add/change.

**Alpha/Beta Document**
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/...wuSgn1i1P8_yZgNV0/edit#heading=h.n5wycmj5uw5g

**Final Documents that have been okay'ed by the public for release into the wild. These will be updated as needed, once a month type basis, if no changes on that month we won't update it**

** Revision history **

alpha.121221.1 - Initial document with some basic information culminated from some existing sources within Vape.to
    alpha.121221.2 - Updated glossary to change formatting (This will update the ToC with glossary of any additional item). Updated glossary terms.
    alpha.121221.3 - added section on ego-c,.comto/manual batts and 306 area *Stoney added info
    alpha.121222.1 - Added new area "Guide for girls/choocks/chicks, changed description on wick to add in extra comments from krit, changed formatting abit so it's a more conformed format through-out document.
    alpha.121222.2 - Mod category added, Battery sub-category added, with battery .comtion added.
    alpha.121230.1 - Added more information to drip tip section.
    alpha.130121.1 - Cartomizer information added, clearomizer information/fields added, changed formatting abit. Added new section for beginners, will add Noe's shopping list in here.
    alpha.130121.2 - Added info to the choocks/chicks/girls section. *margyb added info
    alpha.130618.1 - Added DIY mixing. Changed some heading/text formats. *Kamakazie added info
    alpha.130618.2 - Reworded DIY information. Changed some information on dripping atomizers, added info for 901/510 dripping atties. Added carto information. *Kamakazie added info
    alpha.130620.1 - Added a crash course section for beginners - *himynameisbunny added info

2. friday

friday New Member

***** Reserved for later use ****

3. ya13ha

ya13ha New Member

***** Reserved for even further later use ****

4. alenchikb

alenchikb New Member

Well done mate, looks really good and lots of information too.

5. Mahal

Mahal New Member

*******Reserved ...... cos I can :D *********

6. Prulfusly

Prulfusly New Member

Hahaha thanks for that Fatman :)

7. kqnzxqi24b

kqnzxqi24b New Member

Fatman..... really? 1 post in and you are thread crapping already! Someone needs to put a post limit on your account for 5 times a day :p

Looking for a logo for the front page. Vape.toey vapey related would be good :)

8. philone

philone New Member

A lot of that info is outdated & some of it is inaccurate.
    Wicks( in the glossary) for example, not all wicks are made of silica.
    A better description would be Wick - medium that transports juice to the coil. Common wick types = silica, cotton, bamboo yarn & Stainless Steel mesh.

9. priliexia

priliexia New Member

it's in alpha stage at the moment noe. i'm working on it matey! i started that guide yesterday and it's a direct copy of stoney's stickyness of info :p

Let's put it this way, at this point in time it's nowhere NEAR being posteable to a noob, but give it the weekend i'll have it in a decent fashion then ;)

But a good point, i'll ammend that now.

Wick - medium that transports e-juice into the coil. Can be compromised of silica, ceramic/silica, fibreglass, cotton, bamboo, stainless steel mesh of various hole size, nichrome metafoam.

10. zerolandy33

zerolandy33 New Member

Just trying to help mate, also there's no mention of CE3's or Comets, Kanger T3 etc. Still a lot of info needs to be added but I'm sure you'll get there eventually :)

11. bapatrckmtopa5051

bapatrckmtopa5051 New Member

if its mainly copied from my old thread, its 18 months old, part of the reason I no longer added info was the posts had to be cut up to 10000 characters, so editing in new info required removing some stuff, this is a better method, also .. its printer friendly.

12. Marissa

Marissa New Member

I think this is a super great idea, however I see plenty of noobs getting bored really quickly and not actually reading through the whole thing. Perhaps the addition of a TL;DR page at the end with very basic break down of what you need to get started (canadan specific re: nic etc), a break down of what parts of an e-cig do what.

13. vmaqkzfpkv

vmaqkzfpkv New Member

Yap, haven't got to atomizers yet. Will have a section dedicated to clearomizers and will include the CE3/Comets/Kanger T1,T2,T3/Stardust V1,V2,V3/VIVI Nova,Mini Nova/Etc

I'll be making into similar to the batteries section, and will have tips and tricks for each one i guess.

Very good point, and we will have a "Beginner's Section" added to it and filled out a little later. As I said in the first post, headings can be linked to directly, so a Beginner's section will be linkeable, as well as "Your first buy" will be too with recommendations on the public at large as to what to buy.

This way they don't necessarily have to read the ENTIRE document, but just those parts, but later can come back to all the excellent info on all the devices.

14. vavxyol02n

vavxyol02n New Member

a decent table of contents with hyperlinks to further detail could do that, be patient people, work in progress.

15. Apentdien

Apentdien New Member

Hi Guys,

Lots of changes have been done to the original post. I know it sounds fairly convoluted, but i want to give you guys as much info as i can into how we are going to go about this. The alpha is just ensuring that the BASICS are in there for the Beginners. If the basics are in there for the beginners and the information is accurate, then we will change it over to a beta.

The beta stage will be where the document will be updated to get as MUCH information as possible in there. This is not a "Newbies" guide, it's a over all general guide, where even intermediates can go to get information if they aren't sure. Once the changes have been made at the end of a month we will migrate that information over into a FINAL document. This is what people should use to release to beginners (EG. you can link directly into the Beginners section within the google doc by left clicking on the beginners heading, then right click on the link in the bubble that pops up and copy link location).

Thanks for the time guys, and it may seem like i'm being anal retentive, i just don't want this doco to get out of hand and i want it to be manageable ;)

16. barbamatt

barbamatt New Member

Had quick look.... looks promising!
    I agree with the TL;DR bit.
    Pictures, add shiny pictures to assist with that, breaking up the paragraphs.
    There are a few in there atm, but needs more!

Different names for the different items.
    If possible can we have a "AKA" as some vendors like to change the name or have their own name.
    Vapeking have Comets, they are also known as CE3, or Pheonix's, etc

17. madi

madi New Member

A good start, some inaccuracies but these will be ironed out. Would be better as html but is good as it is. More photos is encouraged, but all in all, a very fine start.

++m0n4g3

(Do you need a hand, or is it all good?)

18. rigrumkin

rigrumkin New Member

OK what about a part where it explains what us girls/chicks/chooks like in the way of ecigs and flavours
    Some of us do like pretty :):):)

And this forum is mostly male dominated

19. Senoc01

Senoc01 New Member

OK who left the kitchen door open again ... bloody Margy has escaped !!!

( Fatty hides )

20. almdeminv

almdeminv New Member

Sure, we will add that in the near future. Thanks :)