Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

a few questions about my vamo v3 and volts and watts please help

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by Atmey, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Atmey

Atmey New Member

i am still pretty new to this and i have a question because i can adjust volts or watts is it one or the other or can i adjust them both and will either of these options help to bring the flavor through more? if not what do these settings really do? i feel like a idiot right now asking these things but i am just trying to find optimal settings and i am not sure what they do please help!

2. baoghwkdfp

baoghwkdfp New Member

You vape at watts not volts. Watts are determined by the ohms of your atomizer and the voltage of your battery. With variable voltage, you have to know the ohms of the atomizer and the proper voltage to vape at for that device. With watts, the Vamo figures out the ohms of the attached device and adjusts the volts for you to achieve the desired watts. If you have the device set to volts, you will still vape at watts. It will just be whatever the watts equals for the ohms of the attached device. It's just two different ways to get to the same place.

It can be a bit complicated starting out, but you will get the hang of it. I always use the voltage side because they didn't have variable watts when I started so I'm used to volts. If I was starting out now I would probably do the wattage thing. Once you find the watts you like to vape at you just set it and forget it. No matter what you put on there it will vape at that power level that you like. Plus, with variable watts the device will automatically adjust for ohm changes in the atomizer that often come with usage.

3. olaf999

olaf999 New Member

IME...it is easier to to find the best coil temp to achieve best flavor using the Volt setting

4. BVB Chrissy

BVB Chrissy New Member

If you have not seen a Vaping Voltage Chart yet you should check one out. There are a number of them available so you can google that phrase and find a bunch to cross reference.

The way to read it is to look at the resistance of your atomizer (hold down the right button on your Vamo) and read across until you get in the green/blue area of the chart. Follow that column down to see what voltage you'd want to use. Where Volts and Ohms intersect will tell you the Watts the system will be running at. This particular chart shows 5W as being the "sweet spot". Some like to use less power, some more. My .9 Ohm coil on a fresh battery mechanical mod puts out about 16W. My wife likes vaping around 7.5-8W with her eVic and Protank. It's all subjective. For commercial products (not rebuild type) I've always found 8W to be great.

Using the Wattage setting is a effortless way to get the same power level no matter the atomizer resistance. Just set it to 7W and the Vamo will adjust the Voltage to give you 7W based on the atomizer resistance. If you use the Voltage setting you have to know what is a safe range based on the atomizer resistance and can tweak it up or down based on preference / taste of juice (some juices taste better at lower power, some at higher).

Hopefully this chart will help you understand how the Volts and Ohms work to give you Watts and how that relates to a satisfying vape. Remember... there is no "right" way to vape in terms of power (so long as you're in a range that will not damage your battery/coils). Have fun experimenting.

5. chmacqueen

chmacqueen New Member

thank you so much for helping me understand it better! you guys really are great on these forums

6. gonzelesa

gonzelesa New Member