Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

901 or kr8 2 dollar aliminum mad vapes flashlight 18650 3.7 volt 3000 mah mod

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by QAHERn, Apr 5, 2015.

1. QAHERn

QAHERn Guest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

other flashlight using e9 cartomizer connector

18650 does work on the 2 dollar aluminum flashlight off of madvapes you can not screw the cap all the way down but still works and looks fine. You will have a little gap between the body and the cap with the switch on it. All you do is take the pcb all the way to the end but leave about and 8th of an inch for your end cap. You also have to use flush mount tactile switches get them from mark off of madvapes.com he's awesome. You could also probably put 2 smaller batteries to run a higher voltage as long as the 2 are no larger then a 18650 but I am not really a voltage modder 3.7 is good enough for me with my home made juice. I used a kr8 connector wich also fits the 901 I like the option of using cartomizers or atomizers. Above are the pictures of my mod. The end cap was made on a cnc milling machine and lathe. It's nice having access to these lol. Any questions feedback or critisism are welcome thanks let me know what ya think

2. melkaylo

melkaylo Guest

Did you add your own switch, or did you stick to the one that came with the flashlight? I can't tell from the pics. Good job regardless, it looks pretty sharp! I love Madvapes for just about everything.

3. CccccccC

CccccccC Guest

Got the switch off of madvapes it's the silver flushmount tactile switch and it has the switch that came with it for the master on off and thanks for the reply

4. Nice! End cap deff made this look great! CNC yay! :)
    Thanks for pics!

5. Excellent job jern.Done 3 box mods guess it's time to step up !

6. Chantill

Chantill Guest

I'm workin on 2 box mods now with electric pumps I'm gonna use a tcs pump with a flow valve look at there site and ull see y I have to use a flow valve http://www.micropumps.co.uk/ The other I'm using another pump http://www.caswellplating.com/models/pumps.html. This is used for rc submarines. I have to use flow valve on this one also already tried it without one emtpys 5 ml bottle in a matter of a second haha. Look up the tropfi it's like the juice box but has peristaltic medical pump. u have to hold it for 15 seconds to get 3 drops I'm not downing it it's awesome jus would be nice to hold it for a couple seconds and get what ya need. Waiting for all my parts to come in I will be posting pictures when I'm done with the 2 wish me luck and thanks for the reply I'm lovin the flashlights

7. Thatcooldude

Thatcooldude Guest

Subscribed!!!!! I was hoping for the micro pump return! I was thinkig of that idea once a while ago while fixing some IV pumps at the hospital.... lol

8. TheToaster.

TheToaster. Guest

Starting new thread with the box mods I'm doin with electric pumps please subscribe

Originally Posted by Jern59
    I'm workin on 2 box mods now with electric pumps I'm gonna use a tcs pump with a flow valve look at there site and ull see y I have to use a flow valve http://www.micropumps.co.uk/ The other I'm using another pump http://www.caswellplating.com/models/pumps.html. This is used for rc submarines. I have to use flow valve on this one also already tried it without one emtpys 5 ml bottle in a matter of a second haha. Look up the tropfi it's like the juice box but has peristaltic medical pump. u have to hold it for 15 seconds to get 3 drops I'm not downing it it's awesome jus would be nice to hold it for a couple seconds and get what ya need. Waiting for all my parts to come in I will be posting pictures throughout project wish me luck and thanks for the reply I'm lovin the flashlights

9. Is this the one? Rated for 50 ma?

http://www.madvapes.com/Tactile-Switch-with-Round-actuator_p_2208.html

You'll be running it at 30X it's rating? Switches like these are best suited for activating a mosfet that can handle switching the 1.5A+ current loads. Are you using a mosfet?

From another pic it also appears the your atty connector is not sealed (could see a green glow). Liquid leaking onto the battery is not a good idea.

10. Jern, when you have time, could you please let us know the total cost for this project and maybe a detailed breakdown of parts involved, not counting the machined end cap because that would vary. I think it looks awesome and I want to try this one when I have some extra time to spare. Nice job Jern !!!!!!!

11. quester

quester Guest

This is my first mod yea that's the same switch off of madvapes there is no MOSFET for the switch but haven't had any trouble with it or if it's dangerous let me know that's why I posted this for learning that's the only switch that I could really use and fit the 18650 battery I jus saw the amp rating and was like ok that'll work jus learning bout this stuff and the battery compartment is sealed with clear epoxy it will drip before the pcb but not reach the battery and end cap pops off if juice gets in there And for parts everything came off of madvapes switch was less then 2 bucks flashlight was 2 bucks slow color changing led with resistor was a buck battery was 10 bucks jus used wire I had out of old comp lol connectors u can use any there less then 3 bucks and devcon epoxy I had then the cnc end cap that prolly woulda been the most expensive but dads a machinist he made it for me even though he didn't wanna that was free oh and u can use the pcb from flash light jus pull led out with pliers So really it was less the 20 bucks.u don't really have to use exactly what I used like the guy said above I used the wrong kinda switch I didn't know but it's an easy fix uhm 3mm led is best like i said before u use the connector u like to use and for the end cap u would have to be creative one guy on the site use a toy car rim and looks descent uhm and if either one of u guys need more info jus let me know don't mind at all and thanks for the replies and sorry for no punctuation haha typing on iPhone ahhhhh would take me forever lol

12. JohannaG

JohannaG Guest

Oh and if u use a 18500 battery wich prolly honestly would be better u will have more room to do what u want gives u about a half inch to fit everything bigger switches for example alot easier takes some maneuvering of wires and all to get to fit With 18650 but will work with sum time ha