Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

50/50 pg/vg

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by Huntflex, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Huntflex

Huntflex New Member

new to vaping as such, just wondering what pg/vg percentages everyone else started on, I've got some 50/50 mix atm and the throat hit is bloody killing me lol, don't get muchvapour out either.... should I go with a 80/20 mix instead?

2. k_runner4

k_runner4 New Member

so I have heaps of flavour but no big cloud action.... and to get the cloud happening the throat hit is so strong it makes me cough my arse off lol.... what are some good juices for me to try?

3. sillygirlforyou04

sillygirlforyou04 New Member

Keep trying different mixes and delivery devices Side Show. VG will give more clouds but less throat hit and flavour, PG will give more throat hit and flavour, less clouds.

4. shocklo

shocklo New Member

ohhh okay then sweet as, i'll make a new coil up tonight and see how it goes, have a duel coil setup atm..... the only liquids I have are 50/50 mix.... but might try a few different flavours I have at home and see if some of the others are any better

5. mmoptu12

mmoptu12 New Member

Unless you are sensitive to PG, nicotine is the biggest factor in throat hit.

What's your nic level?

6. Tyler W

Tyler W New Member

I find 50/50 generally gives the best tradeoff between vapour production and flavour. Throat hit isn't as strong as it would be in a 70/30 PG/VG blend for an example but more vapour. The only question is whether your device will wick a VG heavy juice fast enough - most new atties will.

If you're getting too much throat hit you may need to back off with the nic. Also some flavours give a bigger throat hit than others...I have two liquids made by the same company, same nic content, same PG/VG ratio, same steep time. One gives next to no throat hit, while the other nearly knocks me off my chair.

Another thing you have to keep in mind is that rebuildables generally are a lot more efficient at producing vapour...therefore what worked for you with BDC Protanks or Aspires might not in, say, a Kayfun.

7. mirospiro

mirospiro New Member

Could easily be a build problem too, bad airflow can .comse harshness and low clouds if your atty aint setup correctly.

Maybe post some pics and give us more info on your setup.

8. dumpling

dumpling New Member

nic level is 1.2 %

9. skrb

skrb New Member

ي've got a nemesis clone and tugboat atty.... made a duel coil for it straight up, so I am gonna go back and build a single coil for it and see how it goes..... would it be worth drilling out the airholes at all? or wait until I have tried a few different coil setups first

not sure if I am having side effects to the pg or not but did find I was getting headaches and wasn't able to hit it as hard as I wanted too.

thanks for all your input guys

10. madnesito

madnesito New Member

What's the resistance of your coil?

1.2% is probably be too high for a dual coil set up.

Definitely start out with a single coil and get that right before trying duals.

Make sure the airhole(s) are lining up with the coil - if they're not it will be harsh with little vapour. Block the second airhole if you're just running a single coil.

11. vdhhgfdfiqjn

vdhhgfdfiqjn New Member

i vape around 30pg/70vg to 40pg/60vg. i find that with nic anything over about 10mg/ml in a carto or clearo makes my throat feel like it's being ripped to shreds. I have to pretty much halve that for an rba which seems to deliver nic much more efficiently.

another factor with a sore throat could be how you're vaping. if you do big lung inhales, maybe you could try sucking in a mouthful and then inhaling that or vice versa.

the whole thing with vaping is very much suck it and see. there's no magic formula that works for everyone and you just have to play around and tweek things until you find your happy vaping place.

12. EdmundHui

EdmundHui New Member

awesome input thanks guys..... i'll take a pic of the setup I've got tonight befor I do a rebuild....

13. janessarkay2450

janessarkay2450 New Member

too easy bud, i'll give the airholes thing a go first.... and think my resistance may be a bit low too. like .6 I think

14. PertOpporyver

PertOpporyver New Member

Lol no wonder you're having problems. .6 at 4.2v is 30w...that's a lot of power.

As everybody is saying RDAs are a lot more efficient due to amount of air, distance from coils to mouth as well as wick saturation.

1.2% nic would be (correct me if I'm wrong here) 12mg?

If you're normally running high resistance coils, or running regulated, it's definately going to be rough in comparison.

What battery are you running in this mod? Should be no less than at VTC4/VTC5.

15. Seeker19

Seeker19 New Member

sony VTC4.... 30ml funn dip e-liquid 50/50 blend 1.2% nic from vapour-mania..... any recommendations on what resistance coil I should make?

16. Sweet

Sweet New Member

With that much nicotine in the liquid I'd recommend staying above .8 ohms. You should still get plenty of vapour, as long as you keep that air hole pointed at the coil like Sign me up said.

17. amvhdnrwwclim

amvhdnrwwclim New Member

shit yeah, I knew I was doing something terribly wrong.... cant wait to get home and bust it out now. cheers vapetoomuch

18. soolvereola

soolvereola New Member

If you want to blow clouds with a good throat hit, use 50pg/50vg in a silo tank.
    No messing about, fill and blow.

19. Gabglina

Gabglina New Member

are the tanks that much better than the atty?

20. arcticjx

arcticjx New Member