Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Еlесtrоniс Сigаrеttеs аnd Vарing:Why is thе mеdiа sо аgаinst еlесtrоniс сigаrеttеs аnd vареs?

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by Jack Benoit, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Member

Device:
    iTaste MVP 2.0 iClear 30
    Juice:
    Snake oil from Seduce Juice, pear/coconut/cream
    Thе "Tоbассо Соntrоl" lоbby in thе US in раrtiсulаr is vеry роwеrful: (Thеy gеt fivе hundrеd tо ninе hundrеd MILLIОN dоllаrs а yеаr JUST frоm thе smоkеrs' MSА tаx.) аnd а signifiсаnt sеgmеnt оf thеir subgrоuрs аrе hаving соnniрtiоns оvеr е-сigs bесаusе thеy LООK likе smоking. Thеy knоw hоw tо рlаy thе fеаr gаmе frоm thеir yеаrs оf роunding оn sесоndhаnd аnd thirdhаnd smоkе, аnd thеy'rе nоw using thоsе skills tо аttасk vареrs аnd vарing рrоduсts.

Thе mеdiа mеаnwhilе hаs grоwn ассustоmеd tо ассерting thе wоrds оf "Thе Еxреrts" withоut quеstiоn оr rеаl еxаminаtiоn, sо whеn thоsе еxреrts соmе оut with sсrеаms аbоut е-сigs еxроsing bystаndеrs tо а dеаdly nеurоtоxin nо оnе раys muсh аttеntiоn tо thе fасt thаt thоsе bystаndеrs wоuld gеt mоrе оf thаt dеаdly nеurоtоxin if thеy аtе а bаg оf MсWhорреrs' Frеnсh Friеs.

2. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    Yeah, any time you try to take smoking down a peg, someone buys their way back up the totem pole. That's the problem with money - it actually guarantees bad outcomes in addition to guaranteeing good outcomes. Such a nifty tool to have for a species, such a destructive force once it goes off the rails. If there were no downside of smoking for everyone, it wouldn't even be a big deal, just let em smoke. It's the addictiveness and lack of an ability to understand long-term consequences that fuels cigarettes more than the lobby, unfortunately.

3. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    It's easy to look at what's different and what stands out is that person vaping. It's sort of expected seeing as there has been a witch hunt on tobacco smoking and vaping looks like smoking. So if secondhand cigarette smoke is bad for you in their eyes vaping must be as well.

4. bulbasarr

bulbasarr New Member

Device:
    Beyond Vape Beacon
    Juice:
    Dojo
    Vaping and electronic cigarettes get a bad rep because that's just how new things are viewed as in society. Same with most other "new" things like the internet in general or smartphones. When people see change that happened too quickly, they automatically think its bad. It's less about vaping itself, but more about how we are as a society.

5. RobPonders

RobPonders Member

Device:
    G Pen
    Juice:
    Switch it up
    I find when people don't know about something they typically don't trust it.
    Most people see smoking=bad and vaping=smoking so vaping=bad!
    It's just bad logic. I also find the media now a days just tells people what they want to hear.

They don't care about "truth" much anymore. They just want add revenue, so if running anti-vap stories gets them more views then pro-vape they will run the anti-vap ones!

Just my 2cents though.

6. cig93

cig93 Member

Device:
    various
    Juice:
    apollo
    Media is representing the healthy lifestyle, and to tell you the truth vaping is not the healthiest. Don't forget that it is the 'better bad" of smoking.
    The associate vaping with smoking so it gets the bad media also.

7. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    First off, the media likes to criticize. It's within its nature. Especially, when it comes to something new. Or, let's say, relatively new.

Second, they might be doing some paid assignments, too.

8. Iconoclast85

Iconoclast85 New Member

Device:
    MVP
    Juice:
    Lemon
    The media will always seek out new things to criticise. Fake outrage and feigned hysteria sells. In all honesty however, I don't see masses of people jumping on this particular bandwagon.

9. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    That's pretty much it, because the two things look very similar they automatically have to be the same thing. I think it's just a question of time before people become more educated.

10. arvis

arvis New Member

Device:
    X6
    Juice:
    Banana Chocolate
    Media tell people what they want to hear and a lot of people are uneducated and scared from vaporizers. That's just my opinion but I don't see why they would be fine with cigarettes but hate vaping.

11. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    Probably this is just the tobacco industry who still tries to ruin vaping before it gets too much momentum, however, if you asked me, they should already start commercialize vaping products, so they do not get behind the times (in fact I know for sure that some of tobacco companies already started doing that). Media is just payed by some shady tobacco companies who wants to keep the monopoly on the nicotine world, however, they are kind of late as the world finally started to wake up.

12. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    ^ This has a lot to do with it. As long as there is billions of dollars behind something, you can bet billions of dollars that they will spend money to fight for it to keep going. If you could spend a million to make 10, you would, so you'd obviously rather spend 1 million than lose 10. E-cigs are scary for big tobacco.

13. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    I think a lot people have misconceptions about vaping. They don't see it as electronic cigarettes as much as they see it as drug paraphernalia. I can't blame them for that because I thought the same thing when I first heard of vaping devices and e-cigs.

14. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    ^The big problem is that it hasn't been around for very long. There is a lot of miss information coming out, and since there has been a big witch hunt in relation to anything related to tobacco smoking, vaping looks like exactly that, smoking. I think with more and more people vaping there will be a change in how it's perceived.

15. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    Probably you're right, with time there will come sympathy for vaping, it's all about how much it's been around for. However, just think about cigarettes and women, it took a well 150 years for society to accept the idea of women smoking, and look at that nowadays, they smoke at every corner without anyone batting an eye. The same it shall happen to vaping devices.

16. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    Yes, generally people are naturally weary of anything that is new, there are always those that will be the first to try it out. Once people start to know what it is and see it more often they will accept it and think nothing of it.

17. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    The media and the establishment though, kind of go hand in hand in a lot of cases and you'll find that while some media outlets aren't against vaping, the bigger ones, the ones that are listened to the most are, and I'd say that's got a political agenda behind it.

18. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    Sadly, that is because of the sheep effect being very obvious nowadays, if I'd start doing cocaine, everyone would look at me like stupid, but if everyone starts doing that (or most of people) the ones who are not doing will start doing too. Nowadays there are very few people who actually think and act for themselves, we need more leaders. We need more persons who are willing to make a change in the society, who are willing to be the change.

19. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    People are scared to be leaders though, and think for themselves because sadly in this day and age that's frowned upon and often ridiculed.

People who stand up for what they want to do are mocked and made out to be fools when that'd not the case at all. The trouble is though, people see that and are then afraid to be different themselves as they'd rather just go along with the crowd and fit in

20. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    Sometimes it's a question of timing. If people aren't ready the often challenge what they don't understand. It's much easier to do this then actually getting out there and doing learning about it.