Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Would you permit your children to vape?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by Hedonologist, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Geeka

Geeka New Member

Device:
    eGo ONE
    Juice:
    Apple
    I personally don't think I'd use the word "permit" in the first place, but I do very much understand your concern. Your reason that it can lead to nicotine addiction is truly legit. As much as it is also a possible worry for me, I'm only just a parent and my only role there is to guide. There is nothing in the world where I'd force my children to do without giving a factual reason. Reasons like, "Because this is my house" or "You're under my roof" or anything as baseless and uncaring such as these are completely ineffective and not to mention counter-productive. It didn't work for me, and it's definitely not going to work for my children either.

I couldn't agree more to this reply. Cheers, missvape.

missvape and AboveTheSmoke like this.
  2. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    I guess, we must know the reasons why they get into smoking/vaping in the first place. Maybe that would change a thing. Some teens suffer a huge stress. So, if we manage to do a pre-emptive strike on that... they probably would need any help of cigarettes.

3. Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands Member

Device:
    e-cig
    Juice:
    Strawberry
    Well, the legal age for smoking in my country is 18, and if my children were that age then they would be adults anyway, so I wouldn't be able to stop them. I would never encourage a younger child of mine to vape, however if I knew that they were smoking, and wanted to quit the habit, I would try to get them to consider it as a slightly healthier alternative, because that would be taking a positive step for their health. So no, I would never "allow" them to vape as such, but if it was the better option for a long term gain at the time then yes it might be something that I would have to consider.

4. Pablo Diaz

Pablo Diaz Member

Device:
    Vaporfi Platinum Pro
    Juice:
    Vaporfi afternoon delight
    I would treat vaping the same as drinking alcohol. And I'd let my sons drink alcohol when I consider the mature enough for that. So yeah, I'd let them vape but only when they are mentally and physically prepared for that.

5. khust

khust Guest

No, I would not let my children vape. I don't even like the idea of having the vape smoke around my children even though it is just supposed to be water vapor. However, if they've already started smoking behind my back, and I found out, I would definitely start making them use a vape. In my opinion they are healthier and you can slowly decrease the nicotine in them to a point where there is 0mg and still use the vape with the 0mg because of the habit of putting something in your mouth.

6. jennyyili

jennyyili New Member

Device:
    HelloCig Megatron E-Cigarette
    Juice:
    passion fruit
    wise parents .:kissing::kissing::kissing:

7. roger1003

roger1003 Member

Device:
    mini 60W Box Mod
    Juice:
    Pancake Man
    I would not allow my children to vape. I will make sure they don't smoke either. However, if in case they learned how to smoke, then I would recommend vaping instead.

8. victionicious

victionicious New Member

Device:
    Aerotank Mega with Eleaf iStick 30w
    Juice:
    Hangsen Banana 11mg
    Like you said OP, nicotine addiction is the thing nobody would wish on their kids. I imagine most people on this forum wishes they never took up smoking in the first place, e-cig or not.

That being said, it's hard to control your kids and what they do with their friends. But I'd probably warn them before the age of 15 that nicotine is a huge mistake to get into and that it's 100% not worth it in the long run (that being said, it goes hand-in-hand with alcohol!)

missvape likes this.
  9. Dilof

Dilof Member

Device:
    Pen
    Juice:
    Tobacco flavoured
    I'd probably allow them to vape nicotine free juice which is basically just vapour anyway.

10. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    It's definitely important to guide our children early on. Even just educating them about the dangers of nicotine and alcohol can save them a lot of unwise decisions. Lots of disasters and addictions could have been prevented this way. But we cannot also deny the fact that some people are more genetically predisposed to take up alcohol or nicotine. Most especially if it's coupled with an environment that is traumatic or enabling.

So it's our duty as parents to teach our children about these things. And even though it's not a guarantee that they won't be addicted, at least we've done our part!

11. knitmehere

knitmehere Member

Device:
    Vaped Nano
    Juice:
    Unicorn Milk
    I wouldn't ever permit my child to vape. I think in a lot of ways it's just as bad as smoking, just without the tar in your lungs. I couldn't ever willing subject my children to that.

12. lexinonomous

lexinonomous New Member

Device:
    box mod
    Juice:
    anything with fruit
    I would not let my child use a vape if they weren't of age. Once my children are of age, they are free to do as they please when it comes to legal substances. I can't see how a parent could be okay with their child using a vaporizer underage. It doesn't make much sense to let your child inhale anything. As a parent I think it is a person's responsibility to teach their child what is good and bad for their bodies. Being completely honest, we all know that not vaping is a better choice that regularly using a vape.

13. cig93

cig93 Member

Device:
    various
    Juice:
    apollo
    If there are a few parents out there who would let or encourage their kids towards vaping is a little bit too much.

Yes it is better the smoking, yes of course. But still it is full of nicotine and should be avoided.

14. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    I wouldn't promote it and would try everything in my power to prevent them from doing so, after all nicotine addiction sucks, but if they were over 18 and they wanted to vape I wouldn't hold it against them. I would prefer that they would be open about it.

15. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

Device:
    Joyetech Ego One
    Juice:
    Atmos watermelon
    I wouldn't allow them to vape until they were probably older than 18. It could give them idea of trying a cigarette due to the smoking procedures and that would be a big no no in my household...

16. dblanch

dblanch Member

Device:
    Eiffel T1
    Juice:
    Eros
    Honestly, if they meet the legal age requirement, I wouldn't mind at all. There are much worse things my kids could be doing, so if vaping is how they get it out of their system, fine by me.

17. nergaahl

nergaahl New Member

Device:
    eGo
    Juice:
    Kiwi juice
    Unless they met the minimum age requirement, no. I have seen cases in which vaping led to nicotine addiction, and the subjects switched to regular cigarettes afterwards. It's a kid, after all, and they are not supposed to smoke anything.

I would let them "taste" it, though. It's better to cure the curiosity.

18. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    Of course not, the only way I would permit this to my child is if he is addicted to cigarettes, I'd prefer him to give up on those for vaping, but otherwise not. Vaping only leads to nicotine addiction as fast as smoking does, maybe even faster, no one conducted a research in this matter, but I believe that vaping is easier to learn than smoking (remember the first cigarettes, when we all coughed like hell).

19. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    I agree, you couldn't really stop them, after all no body stopped you from smoking or vaping. The best you can do is try to persuade them not to do it.

20. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    I'd treat it very much like alcohol and marijuana. They fall in the category of "not being the best thing, but not the worst." I probably wouldn't encourage their use, but if they do decide to try it, I would encourage them to use them in moderation.