Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Worst.company.name.ever

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by Benedict Y, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    There is a old saying that goes, there isn't anything like bad publicity, there is only publicity. So even though it might seem like a bad idea it certainly got your attention and I don't doubt that you probably bought it to try and see what it was like.

pwarbi likes this.
  2. Vanessa

Vanessa New Member

Device:
    eGo One
    Juice:
    Apple Snaxx
    This reminds me of how cosmetics are named. Especially nail polishes - like when there's a tie-in with a movie. All the colors from the Hunger Games series were really earthy but had strange names. I think after a while it must be hard to come up with something that sets you apart, yet still makes an impact. And yeah, I bet the language difference doesn't help either. You think for a few dollars they could hire someone who could proof-read the other languages though. Or maybe they did and no one knew any better :)

3. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Member

Device:
    Vape Master
    Juice:
    Mango Lassi
    I am a bit cheap sometimes and that will stop me from buying an unknown juice flavour. I prefer to spend my money on something that I know I will like rather than an abstract idea of a flavour. It is an interesting way to market flavours, but it will appeal to long term users who are bored with their selections.

4. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Member

Device:
    Vape Master
    Juice:
    Mango Lassi
    It is funny how you mention that, I am more likely to buy cosmetic products with interesting names, for example, a lipstick called strawberry kiss than consumption items. I prefer knowing exactly what I put in my mouth, in this case, vaping. I prefer knowing what I am tasting.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    That's exactly my thoughts on the matter also, and publicity is what a name is all about, good, bad or indifferent. As long as it gets people talking, then that's all the companies are concerned about and sometimes the most ridiculous names offer the best chance of publicity.

6. cig93

cig93 Member

Device:
    various
    Juice:
    apollo
    It sounds like that this company doesn't paid enough money to the creative department, or there wasn't even a creative dept.
    Yes, I think name and style and creativity can enhance the product itself.

7. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    I can think of a ton of big companies or product names that might not be the nicest sounding name but they got the public's attention and at the end of the day the most important thing is to sell. If people like the name or not isn't as important as the sales.

pwarbi likes this.
  8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    Your exactly right, and you'll often find that brands that have the most ridiculous sounding names will often get the most sales as people will be even more intrigued by the product.

9. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    For me one name comes straight to mind 7up, what on earth does it mean? I just don't get it, if it was 5up it could mean put your hand up but 7? All I know is that it sells like hot cakes.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I think as far as brand names go, then 7up is the well known one that nobody knows why it's actually called that. The rumour is that it's because it contains only 7 ingredients, but the guy who invented it never actually said why so maybe there isn't actually a reason?

When it comes to marketing I think that can work aswell. A name doesn't have to actually mean anything, but if people speculate and talk about it, then that's all a brand wants.

11. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    That's interesting I wasn't aware of that, but I guess the just has to cause curiosity at first and if the people like the product they will come back for more.

12. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    And I think that's the two golden targets that a company hopes for. The product is well liked and people are talking about it. That's pretty much all you need for something to work and make you money.

When it comes to vaping, there are more and more people these days that are taking it up, and there's more and more news articles being written, so the vaping companies are pretty happy at the moment.

13. knitmehere

knitmehere Member

Device:
    Vaped Nano
    Juice:
    Unicorn Milk
    I really like the idea of simplified names, but at the same time I enjoy having a lot of choices. I lean more towards the fruity flavors, though.

14. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    Addicted Italia? That's actually so weird :D But I like when something bizarre like this surface.

15. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    I'm digging the ambiguous flavor names. I for the most part like to know the juice flavor I'm hitting, but I also like surprises. I'm curious as to what the flavor profile of rock is.

16. rajesh

rajesh Member

Device:
    MODs
    Juice:
    Gorilla Juice
    I have tried almost all the flavours available online but these flavours sound much interesting than the ones I tried. Can you give me more details about these flavours (especially the multi and the rock flavour). :)

17. rajesh

rajesh Member

Device:
    MODs
    Juice:
    Gorilla Juice
    Same thing happened with me. The names of the e-juices are so much confusing but at the same time they also sound very interesting to me. I have asked for the details of these juices from the thread creator. I want to try these. :D